Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,332

2 members and 2,330 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Healthy Habitat Odor Remover - Review - Keeps cages smelling nice and funk at bay

http://naturalchemistrypet.com/stains-odor/

http://www.reptilebasics.com/healthy-habitat-gallon

http://www.reptilebasics.com/healthy-habitat-24oz

I clean the tanks with F10SC whenever there is waste (I use paper substrate) and then spray this and wipe up the excess before putting my printless newspaper back down.

It smells great and neutralizes odors FAST! It even works well with Figment's (my corn snake) wonderful butt bombs.

They say it is safe to spray on animals, and is all natural. I have yet to try that, but it definitely keeps the reptile tanks smelling fresh.

Overall, it's one of the best products I've gotten for my reptiles/tanks. I swear by this and F10SC to keep my tanks clean and smelling nice.

As stated, Healthy Habitat is NOT a disinfectant! It removes odors, but you should disinfect first.

I should note that I am in no way affiliated with or compensated by either Healthy Habitat or Reptile Basics. I am very happy with the product and have had great experiences with Reptile Basics which is where I get both my F10SC and my Healthy Habitat.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (04-21-2018),L.West (04-20-2018),MD_Pythons (04-20-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I've never had any odor problems with my enclosures at all. Of my current snakes, only the hognose really stinks up the room. Hard to belive that little guy can smell like a cow pasture, but he can. I can smell when he poops as soon as I enter the room. Spot clean and the odor is gone. With my BP, his poops STINK, but they're almost always inside one of his hides and I don't smell it until I open his enclosure. Spot clean and odor is gone. My King, his poop doesn't even smell. I have to search for it a few days after he eats if it's not front and center, which it often is. My Borneo STP, I'm still waiting on that one. But that's typical of them to only poop every few months and lay down a juggerpoop.

Anyway, my two cents: in my experience I haven't had odor issues. So I don't personally see a need for it with my snakes. However, I appreciate you sharing, I may try it for the ferrets. So far I've only found one product that "kinda" helps, so I'll probably give this stuff a try.
    Thanks, man!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-20-2018),L.West (04-20-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Healthy Habitat Odor Remover - Review - Keeps cages smelling nice and funk at bay

I hear you - Ferrets can smell!

I have a very sensitive nose and weak stomach (all the meds I have to take for the kidney transplant). This stuff is a life saver. I often spray into the tanks before I even attempt cleanup , especially with Figment!

I also have all enclosed tanks so it holds the smell in.

Either way, probably worth trying for the Ferrets, if nothing else. I'll keep using for the reptiles though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-20-2018),Jus1More (04-21-2018)