Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,360

1 members and 3,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Rainbow hungry again.....

How do you know when you can or should start pushing them out to 10-14 days. Rainbow gets hungry every 5-7 and I am thinking about pushing it out to 10 but she starts moving things around looking for food. I fed her Sunday and last night when I put her back in her hide, she started starring at me. Sunday feeding was 1 chick and 1 large rat. After about an hour she started looking around, I presume for food. She even lifted her water bowl up to see if anything was under it. Thankfully did not spill it. I take her out one side and feed from the other. She only goes to the feeding side when she is hungry. She was on the feeding side for 2-3 hours before going back into her hide. I have no aggression from handling but I am starting to back off on handling when she is getting hungry till feeding day. I have a couple of rabbits in the freezer and was going to offer tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Have this as reference but I also know not every snake is the same.

https://www.petmd.com/reptile/specie...culated-python reference....

How Much to Feed Your Python — Age and Size Matter

Hatchling reticulated pythons should be fed just-weaned baby mice for their first few meals before moving on to larger adult-sized mice. After your retic has eaten a few meals’ worth of adult mice, you can comfortably move to this all-purpose reticulated python-feeding regimen:

• From hatchling to 4 feet (1.2 m): Feed one or two appropriately sized mice every 3-4 days.
      • At 4 feet (1.2 m) you can switch to medium rats before graduating to larger rats.

• From 4 feet (1.2 m) to sexual maturity (10 feet [3 m] in females, 8 feet [2.4 m] in males): Feed one or two prey animals every 7 days.
      • By 6 – 7 feet (1.8 – 2.1 m) switch to 3-pound (1.4-kg) rabbits, increasing the size of the rabbit as your snake grows.

• From sexual maturity (appx. 18 months) to three years old: Feed one or two rabbits or equally sized prey animals once every week.
    • From three years on: Feed one to two rabbits or prey animals every ten to fourteen days, adjusting your schedule depending on the snake’s overall appearance.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 04-19-2018 at 02:29 PM.