Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,908

3 members and 2,905 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: I think I need help (Regurgitation)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    Sounds like he vomited. And it does also sound like it could be bad feeders. I would still treat it like a full regurge, especially since you said there was blood present? Was it alot?

Either way, wait 2 weeks before offering again. He'll be perfectly fine. 30 grams of weight loss is nothing for a bp. He could probably poop almost as much!
    Thanks for the help!
    It wasn't a lot of blood and I'm pretty sure it was the rat's. Ok, I'll make him wait for the next week for two weeks. Just to make sure that he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    craigafrechette
    Yeah, that's not a regurge. A regurge woukd be partially digested and even with hay fever you'd smell it.

Based on the info at hand. I would say the feeders are bad. And honestly, I'd be reluctant to buy from that source again. Unless of course they were stored improperly once you got them?

Do you have another prey source??

I'd also wait 2 weeks to offer again. Your snake is at a weight that can easily handle a few weeks without...

BUT...you mentioned the snake is already losing weight??? Why is that???
    Thank you for the information.
    I researching other places to buy feeders from. I'm sure there are some.
    Well, maybe one of my roommates might have left the freezer open and didn't tell me? I don't have another explanation
    The weight loss is probably not that bad. The first time I weighed him was three days after a big meal (he hadn't pooped in a while as well) and then the second time was after he had a big poop. I timed it very badly. That's probably the reason for the weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Others have touched base on the regurging so I want to touch base on your thawing process and feeder source.

When you thaw out, the water you said is 140, is that boiled water, or is that just your sink water turned on hot? If it's boiled, I wouldn't do that, if it's regular sink water, I would still try to back off a bit. That's just my personal opinion though.

Where do you get your feeders from? Honestly if you have stuff falling apart that sounds like bad feeders. I would highly suggest you find another source to get your feeders from and I'll gladly help you find a better place which will save you money.

I have a friend who lives in Germany so I can ask her where she gets her stuff from.
    Thanks for the tipp.
    I'll definitely will not use water as hot as that anymore.
    To the feeding source: I have a "Fressnapf" near my home. They have different supplier brands and feeder sizes which gives me lots of room to choose from. Personally I really love the brand called Petmad but it's hard to get the feeders from them since they're not always available.
    If it's okay, I'd still like to take you up upon that offer with your friend in Germany. My friends don't really like or care about snakes which is why no one around me has an idea where to buy from. I'd love to hear from someone else where they get their feeders from.
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    Well, maybe one of my roommates might have left the freezer open and didn't tell me? I don't have another explanation
    The weight loss is probably not that bad. The first time I weighed him was three days after a big meal (he hadn't pooped in a while as well) and then the second time was after he had a big poop. I timed it very badly. That's probably the reason for the weight loss.

Ok cool. Then the snake is actually losing weight. That's good.
    I would try to find another source for feeders and offer in two weeks.
    Assuming all goes well from there then you can just chalk it up to bad feeders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Caali (04-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the help!
    It wasn't a lot of blood and I'm pretty sure it was the rat's. Ok, I'll make him wait for the next week for two weeks. Just to make sure that he stays healthy.

Thanks for the tipp.
    I'll definitely will not use water as hot as that anymore.
    To the feeding source: I have a "Fressnapf" near my home. They have different supplier brands and feeder sizes which gives me lots of room to choose from. Personally I really love the brand called Petmad but it's hard to get the feeders from them since they're not always available.
    If it's okay, I'd still like to take you up upon that offer with your friend in Germany. My friends don't really like or care about snakes which is why no one around me has an idea where to buy from. I'd love to hear from someone else where they get their feeders from.
    Yea, I just think that 140 is a bit hot. I have one of the knock off yeti cups that keep stuff hot/cold and I put the rats in a ziploc bag in there with hot tap water, my water is usually 110ish if I had to guess, I know it's not 140. She said she gets hers from tropic-shop, her and a few of her friends place a big order normally.

I'm not sure which part of Germany you're from but if you need snake friends I'm sure my friend Sarah would love to help you more being she may be closer to you and able to recommend stuff being you're in the same geographic location. I know she's from somewhere in Westfalia or NRW.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

Caali (04-14-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Yea, I just think that 140 is a bit hot. I have one of the knock off yeti cups that keep stuff hot/cold and I put the rats in a ziploc bag in there with hot tap water, my water is usually 110ish if I had to guess, I know it's not 140. She said she gets hers from tropic-shop, her and a few of her friends place a big order normally.

I'm not sure which part of Germany you're from but if you need snake friends I'm sure my friend Sarah would love to help you more being she may be closer to you and able to recommend stuff being you're in the same geographic location. I know she's from somewhere in Westfalia or NRW.

I'm from NRW (Westfalia is also in NRW) as well. I live in what we call the Rhineland.
    Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll try ordering online
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm from NRW (Westfalia is also in NRW) as well. I live in what we call the Rhineland.
    Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll try ordering online
    I told her where you got your food from and she said: "Ahhh No". The food from fressnapf is from Petman and they had really really bad frozen.

I'm going to send you a message.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-14-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12