Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,208

3 members and 3,205 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: The $30k ball python morph is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Primarily because there is virtually no new money coming for "high end" BP morphs. It's a dead market. Look at this site. 99.9% people have a few pet ball pythons. No one is spending thousands anymore.

I'm saying that all the major breeders know and depend on each other. Pricing brand new morphs at anything below ludicrous price is a good way to get ostracized from the group since the perception is that having $30k+ price tags on new stuff somehow elevates the rest of the market strictly from a marketing standpoint. It's not because anyone is actually paying those prices.

This is believable. A few years back, a name brand BP breeder told me his actual cash revenue was "only" about $55k that year, almost all from hets because that's all people could afford. All the high end stuff sat unsold or was traded between other breeders, often multiple times.

Yes people USED to do that, but almost all of them lost money and aren't around anymore. People are smarter now and realize it's very difficult to make money in the middle of the market because it's so small. Big breeders aren't buying from little guys (they mostly trade with each other) and the pet crowd doesn't want to spend more than $200.

Agree to disagree. I hear whispers of it happening on very rare occasions. I have heard of a few monster $50k orders coming in from Europe since the market there is still less mature, but that's rare and almost no big US deals seem to be happening. If those deals were still going down, I feel like we'd be hearing about them and the mid-tier breeders wouldn't have crashed so hard.
    just about every thing you said there is wrong... I can tell it has all came from what your reading or hearing from others and not real experience... because I breed High end balls and I don't have any problems selling them for cash....
    Last edited by Amos1974; 04-16-2018 at 12:52 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amos1974 For This Useful Post:

Hannahshissyfix (04-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I don't understand a lot of the market claims in this thread. I sell out of things under 100 bucks the easiest. After that it was the 500-1200 range and then its the 100-500 dollar animals that I actually still have left that are still available. Talking to other breeders they say the same thing, 100-500 dollar is normally the hardest to move. One of the breeders I vend with has far more invested than me said his best range was 1500-2500. Normally Im keeping my 1k+ offspring anyway. Keep calling the market dead, but some how I make it happen, don't see why others couldn't.

As for the OP, I doubt ill ever get into the scaleless stuff. Doesn't appeal to me that highly and I feel one of the front runners of the project made it much harder on everyone else with the non transparency.

Sunset however, I plan on jumping into as soon as I can. People looking at a plain adult sunset and writing it off.... I bet they did the same for orange dream also. Potential is huge with sunset and I want in lol.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 04-16-2018 at 01:02 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

rufretic (04-18-2018),the_rotten1 (04-17-2018)

Thanks

How is the bp market dead? Maybe I haven't been in the hobby long enough, but to me it seems like quite a bit of people are still buying and getting into bps. Or were you just talking about the very high end morphs?

Thanks
    Here I am, sitting here with the Normal I bought for $20 resting in my lap, reading about people paying $30k+ for snakes...

God I need to expand my collection...

The more silent you become, the more you are able to hear...

​1.0 Super Cinny Banana Het Ghost BP - "Churro"
    1.0 Mack Snow Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Normal Leopard Gecko

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slicercrush For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-16-2018),Lord Sorril (04-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    Why is Sunset considered so valuable? I haven't done any research on this morph, so apologies if it's an obvious answer, but all the Sunset examples I've seen are just so... drab. Scaleless snakes are at least intriguing in the way a hairless cat is intriguing, but not for $30,000 ��
    They aren't but there are a few people who Fake Sell them to each other and post them all over trying to convince someone they sold them. How many people have you seen post a "I bought a Sunset" because if you do its gonna be one of the same 5 breeders, passing the "sales" around. I know that 1.2 het scaleless have been sold for 1500.00 so this 30k for a scaleless is like saying my YB is worth 200.00 but my Ivory is worth 25,000.00
    "Passion Breeds Quality, Quality Breeds Desire" - Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amos1974 View Post
    when I paid 45k for my first Banana every one was telling me the same thing that "high end snakes don't sell they only get traded" that was totally wrong!!! I have done great with that banana made my money back x4 at least... same with the $10,000 GHI, $20,000 Bamboo, $50,000 Scaleless Head... all were great investments!
    I cant tell if its sarcasm but I call BS. Show me your return investment on Scaleless Head. I can assure you that had you purchased 10 Clown Combo females and 3 strong Clown males that you would increase your money easier and faster than trying to convince someone a defect is a morph.
    "Passion Breeds Quality, Quality Breeds Desire" - Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I don't understand a lot of the market claims in this thread. I sell out of things under 100 bucks the easiest. After that it was the 500-1200 range and then its the 100-500 dollar animals that I actually still have left that are still available. Talking to other breeders they say the same thing, 100-500 dollar is normally the hardest to move. One of the breeders I vend with has far more invested than me said his best range was 1500-2500. Normally Im keeping my 1k+ offspring anyway. Keep calling the market dead, but some how I make it happen, don't see why others couldn't.

As for the OP, I doubt ill ever get into the scaleless stuff. Doesn't appeal to me that highly and I feel one of the front runners of the project made it much harder on everyone else with the non transparency.

Sunset however, I plan on jumping into as soon as I can. People looking at a plain adult sunset and writing it off.... I bet they did the same for orange dream also. Potential is huge with sunset and I want in lol.
    That's weird, because all the bps I buy are in the 100-500 dollar range, anything under is often unlikely to interest me or be useful for my breeding plans, and anything over that is more than I can usually afford or feel comfortable spending on a live animal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    I cant tell if its sarcasm but I call BS. Show me your return investment on Scaleless Head. I can assure you that had you purchased 10 Clown Combo females and 3 strong Clown males that you would increase your money easier and faster than trying to convince someone a defect is a morph.
    you can call what ever you like... I have been selling Scaleless heads for the past 3 years...I made my investment back the first year... I also have clowns, pieds and lots of other stuff... I have only produced one scaleless so far so it is still here with me... when you buy a $50,000 snake it only takes 7 babies @ $7000 to make your money back its not that hard! everything after that is profit
    So just because your not making money dosen't mean the rest of us are not! I chose not to quit my day job because I enjoy both incomes but I could If I wanted to...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    That's weird, because all the bps I buy are in the 100-500 dollar range, anything under is often unlikely to interest me or be useful for my breeding plans, and anything over that is more than I can usually afford or feel comfortable spending on a live animal.
    almost every breeder makes snakes in the 100-500 range that's what the market is flooded with that's why they are the hardest to move for me... the 1500-2500 snakes are the easiest snakes for me to sell they are in the range that some one can save up or use a tax return... and there is less of them available... the reason the prices are high is because of low supply and high demand!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Haters gonna hate. There is something for everyone in this market, so many morphs for everyone’s desires!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast