Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,717

2 members and 2,715 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks
    So, back on topic... While I wouldn't pay $30k for a scaleless BP I think some amazing new combos are going to come out of this project. I've seen a few people breeding for scaleless pieds and I can't wait to see those. Wish I could afford to get in on it myself. Sunsets are another morph on my wishlist.

Sometimes new morphs are prohibitively expensive, but they're not going to stay that way forever. Ultimately, people buy what they like, so if people like something there's a market for it. To me it makes more sense to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a morph that's new and strikingly different than to pay a thousand for a new "morph" that looks almost normal, or even a few hundred for am "unusual" looking dinker that may not prove out.

The thing about morphs like the scaleless and the sunset is that someone's already done the hard work. Can you imagine paying 10-30k for a dinker only to have it not prove genetic? That's a lot of risk to take on. As a small breeder I'm not in any position to do that, but I sure appreciate the people who do. There are a lot of gorgeous genetics out there that wouldn't exist otherwise.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    I wouldn't pay if I had the money. I like hairless cats, I think they're cute, but I'm hesitant about scaleless snakes.

How many have grown to sexual maturity? I feel like they'd need special attention, but I don't know much about them.
    Banana Ball Python || Male || 2 years old || Hatched August 27th, 2017

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567