Quote Originally Posted by venga View Post
I roamed and posted on these forums over a decade ago when I had my own breeding projects going. Back then genetics were much more expensive and I could barely keep up before life forced me out of the hobbyist breeding AND keeping. I went about 7 years without any reptiles... but that ended a few weeks ago. The difference in prices on these eye candy snakes made it hard for me not to want something pretty to look at so I caved and went to the Denver Repticon expo last month and got this sub-adult male Pastel Banana (labeled). He's already taken down 3 mice handily and I couldn't be happier. I was split between him and a much smaller, more expensive Spied boy, but I couldn't resist the lavender colors and I'm also fond of the speckling. Let me know what ya'll think!

Nice pickup! Banana is one of those like it or absolutely hate it combos. I do remember though the price seemed to drop from $10K down to $500 or less in the blink of an eye. I remember a guy selling one month at the local show for $3k the next month $2k and so forth lol. I myself like them and picked up a Banana Champagne for my breeding projects. He's seeing a Pastel Enchi this year and I can't wait to see what they throw!