Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

3 members and 3,315 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I've been using that product way before Brian. When it was Herptopia. I've said it before, I don't give a owls butt who is on the bag, and what kind of a person Brian is (or not).

When he "took over" (kind of) I watched a video in which he said he was partnering with them, taking over the running of the Reptile Substrate part of the business. I remember him talking about building a new site for it as well, but I may be wrong about that part.

May that be as it is, when you call the "Mothership" they refer you to Brians business side of it, as soon as they know you are inquiring about Reptile Prime.

So that is what you have to do, no matter what anyone thinks about it, whether positive or negative. I do NOT care about that guy one way or another.

What I care about are questions such as what happened to combined shipping, which was supposed to be in the works. If I call the company, I get referred to Brian's business.

I believe I'm just about one of the biggest fan's of the PRODUCT. That does not stop me from having an opinion about marketing practices, and it does not stop me from having questions and/or wondering what the future holds for it.

Since Brian happens to be involved, I guess he will have to come up in the discussion of the product. That has nothing to do with dissing him, crying about him or with him, being a fan of his or not.

It only becomes a issue when people assume those opinions, questions and concerns are directly related to that guy. In my case, they are most certainly not.

I still want to know what he has to stay about the "free shipping". If it wasn't his idea or in his power, I'm sure he will clear that up and refer us to whomever was in charge of it. I still want to know about volume shipping. Since Brian is whom one has to talk about Reptile Prime business, and someone that knows him offered to ask him directly, I wondered what answer might have been given.

From now on I shall not mention the unmentionable's name and simply refer to it as Reptile Prime formerly Herptopia run by that guy with the ponytail.
    Last edited by zina10; 04-13-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Reptile Prime, now with free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Reptile prime fines came in today. Did not expect the shipment until Monday so that was a pleasant surprise. Haven't taken a look at them yet but from feeling the bag they are definitely finer than the original.
    how long did it take to get to you? i'm itchin' for mine to come! my tubs are due for a cleaning and i'm waiting to try Reptile Prime to do it.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    if you can source it and sell it to us for less (don't need fancy marketing bags) then you'll get some customers

Marketing IS the product. That's the value proposition. Most reptile products are actually just rebranded (in this case slightly modified) items from other industries marked up at a premium.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    how long did it take to get to you? i'm itchin' for mine to come! my tubs are due for a cleaning and i'm waiting to try Reptile Prime to do it.
    Ordered it Tuesday and it came on Friday. You should have a tracking number with your order that shows the status. Mine is actually still scheduled for tomorrow but I have an awesome post office that delivered it early.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Ordered it Tuesday and it came on Friday. You should have a tracking number with your order that shows the status. Mine is actually still scheduled for tomorrow but I have an awesome post office that delivered it early.
    oh, i just saw the tracking! it's already in my town; should be delivered today.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 04-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    LOL - I thought the cypress had too many large pieces and my snakes NEVER burrowed in it. The day I got the Reptile Prime they were digging/hiding/exploring and as you said, seemed to really enjoy it.

They also LOVE the RHP's. BUUHAHAHAHA

Tell that to my dumerils lol. She burrows in the stuff like there is no tomorrow. The boas not so much but then again, my boas were never big burrowers really, they liked to push the stuff aside and just make little divets they would sit in which they still do.

I actually like the bigger pieces and even more so that it lays flat so the snakes cants bury their butts under the substrate and drop a piss. They are like cats if i used a loose substrate. They would bury their poops and pisses lol. And let me tell you, sinking your finger in a cold, wet poo is a pretty gross feeling lol.

Weird part is with the cypress, i have been catching the snakes out more just stretched out on it at night. But hey, whatever works for you....although i still think cypress is almost as good as sliced bread even if i am contributing to destroying the wetlands or cypress forests
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    For those that have burrowers like rosy boas, sand boas, or hognose, the fine bedding just released is amazing. I switched out Queso's sani-chip for the fine bedding and he is loving it. Here is what it looks like up close and proof he borrows in it

1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-18-2018),Reinz (04-14-2018),the_rotten1 (04-15-2018),zina10 (04-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Now that’s what you call burrowing! Obviously good stuff.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Here ya go Ron!! Luna stretched out in the front of the cage buried in her cypress.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-18-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Have you been able to talk to Brian and ask about this rather unsavory business scheme of calling it 20.99 incl. free shipping?

I almost feel they did this for 2 reasons. Nr. 1 ..it sounds good. Nr. 2 ..it takes the possibility of "combined shipping discount" of the table. Back when it was Herptopia they assured me that a combined shipping discount was absolutely in the works. However, with the shipping incorporated into each individuals bags price, that is pretty much off the table.

I would love to hear back from what he says to you about it. I posted on his Facebook, but..no reply.

All this is not going to stop me from using it, that is for sure. I paid the same back when it was Herptopia, and as a matter of fact, I got a few bags for $14 shipped on Amazon, back when that deal was going on. That stuff is awesome, I see how the company goes about preparing it for animal use and its a bit more involved then shoving waste into bags. Certainly not less worthy then all the other substrates that are re-labeled and packaged for animal substrate use. But irregardless of all that, I would like to hear why Brian went to such a rather "slimey" marketing practice with this product, esp. since he wants his image to be this open, honest, no BS guy. I know there is nothing against the law against this advertising scheme, lots of businesses use it, actually almost all that offer free shipping do, but still...

I have not as I've been preoccupied with work and a plumbing project at my girlfriends house, I'm sorry. I will write the e-mail right now and send it tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work (12 hour shift today with hopes it's not extended to another 16).

If I recall they did construct a new facility for the bedding portion of the Cat Spot business, the parent company of Reptile Prime. Speaking of the parent company when the product was Herptopia they told me they can't/wouldn't/couldn't do combined shipping unless I ordered by the pallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Here ya go Ron!! Luna stretched out in the front of the cage buried in her cypress.
    LMAO
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast