Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,810

0 members and 2,810 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

I'm looking for a place to buy Brazilian Rainbow Boas

I'm looking for a breeder that can export a pair of BRBs to my country that can provide CITES documents as well. I'm not looking for a morph but a deep red normal pair. Any recommendations?

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: I'm looking for a place to buy Brazilian Rainbow Boas

What country ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Depends on the country. Research any reptile expos in your area, I hear those are very cool and a good place to buy snakes!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    I don't know of any breeders that do that. I would talk to an exporter first, you may find one sending whole groups to your country.

Thanks

I live in South Korea and found there are no BRBs in the entire market here. So I'm planning to import a pair myself. Don't care much about the shipping fees as long as they are within reasonable range. The current market in my country is full of colubreds and gekos only.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chasiorias View Post
    I live in South Korea and found there are no BRBs in the entire market here. So I'm planning to import a pair myself. Don't care much about the shipping fees as long as they are within reasonable range. The current market in my country is full of colubreds and gekos only.

Plus, no importer in my country would accept my request. I've checked if I can import the species myself without any license or such and I found I can.

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    You will probably have to locate an exporter here in the US, there are a few that do so (although I'm not sure if they regularly export to South Korea). I know Michael Cole from Ballroom Pythons South does exporting. Here's an ad he has on fauna about it: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=623266 I've also talked to Alex at Boa Republic who does it every once in a while but as far as I know, to just the UK. I'm sure there are others, check with some of the wholesalers, they would probably be able to source BRB for you as well. From what I understand you'd be looking at well over $1000 USD so I don't know if it would be worth it for a pair of snakes. I don't think you'll find many BRB breeders that export directly (BRB breeders in the states I recommend are: David Colling at Rainbows R Us and Cliff Earle at Living Gem Reptiles).
    I wish you lots of luck!
    For the Horde!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (04-09-2018),Craiga 01453 (04-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    You will probably have to locate an exporter here in the US, there are a few that do so (although I'm not sure if they regularly export to South Korea). I know Michael Cole from Ballroom Pythons South does exporting. Here's an ad he has on fauna about it: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=623266 I've also talked to Alex at Boa Republic who does it every once in a while but as far as I know, to just the UK. I'm sure there are others, check with some of the wholesalers, they would probably be able to source BRB for you as well. From what I understand you'd be looking at well over $1000 USD so I don't know if it would be worth it for a pair of snakes. I don't think you'll find many BRB breeders that export directly (BRB breeders in the states I recommend are: David Colling at Rainbows R Us and Cliff Earle at Living Gem Reptiles).
    I wish you lots of luck!
    Thanks for the info! Will try to contact them and ask for more!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    Often the costs are per shipment versus two snakes. So for BRB's I'd get two males and four females if you want to set up a breeding group, then breed the females on alternate years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    There are quite a few breeders on Morphmarket.com that export. You'll have to see what's listed and ask each breeder if they are set up to export. Some will list it in their ad.