Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,446

2 members and 1,444 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I'm still wondering why colubrids ever went out of style.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Mccracken For This Useful Post:

MD_Pythons (04-10-2018),MissterDog (04-12-2018),tttaylorrr (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Re: The waiting game has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    I have actually! If I do get a female I was planning on calling her Kallari, named after an assassin character from Paragon.

Unfortunately the game is going to be cancelled but that character still holds a special place in my heart as I used to main as her and my husband worked on the game, so I've seen the game develop from alpha to open beta.
    Alternatively "Midna" from Twilight Princess. I'll often find myself flip-flopping between "Kallari" and "Midna" so I guess I'll see which name I end up going with lol
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Starscream (04-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

AHHHHH momma looks amazing and that clutch looks great! i'm excited for you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    I'm still wondering why colubrids ever went out of style.
    i've had my adopted Corn for just over a year, and i can't imagine NOT owning a Colubrid. they're so different and yet, still snakes. idk how they lost their mass appeal; they're LOADED with personality and very active and inquisitive. Corny absolutely has a special spot in my heart and id love to get another Colubrid when i have the space.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    AHHHHH momma looks amazing and that clutch looks great! i'm excited for you!!! i've had my adopted Corn for just over a year, and i can't imagine NOT owning a Colubrid. they're so different and yet, still snakes. idk how they lost their mass appeal; they're LOADED with personality and very active and inquisitive. Corny absolutely has a special spot in my heart and id love to get another Colubrid when i have the space.
    Thank you so much! I'll especially be looking forward to seeing how owning a more active snake is like! I didn't even realize colubrids lost appeal in the first place, I always thought they were still popular considering the personalities I often hear about!
    Last edited by MissterDog; 04-13-2018 at 01:35 AM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

Thank you so much! I'll especially be looking forward to seeing how owning a more active snake is like! I didn't even realize colubrids lost appeal in the first place, I always thought they were still popular considering the personalities I often hear about!
    I'll be honest (and this is probably sacrilege on this forum lol), colubrids hold more interest to me than ball pythons. I love Maze to pieces, but I really don't see a reason to get another ball python when I already have such an amazing one.

I can't wait to meet your little girl! I like both names, and while I'm not familiar with Paragon, I do really like the sound of Kallari. Midna's also an awesome name (i luv zelda ), even tho Twilight Princess's aesthetic was so dark that I got too nervous to finish the game lol. I watched playthroughs though. Could probably do it now, since it's been about 10 years .
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-14-2018)

Thanks

i honestly think it stems from a marketing perspective. the Ball Python morph boom of the 90s is still going fairly strong. if you're a breeder and you want to sell at a show, what animals are you going to take with? the $200 Caramel Tessera Stripe Corns, or the $700 Pastel Enchi Leopard Coral Glow? the ball python "fad" is just stronger than the Colubrid fad.

guess what was vogue before balls, tho? Colubrids.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I'll be honest (and this is probably sacrilege on this forum lol), colubrids hold more interest to me than ball pythons. I love Maze to pieces, but I really don't see a reason to get another ball python when I already have such an amazing one.
    that's awesome! and you truly got a winner with Maze. i had 3 wonderful (but semi-stressful) years with Yellow and thought very carefully about my future with these amazing animals before deciding to get another, as i was eyeing other morphs and getting the itch. i realized i was ready for the commitment and more responsibility, and i've since acquired 5 beautiful balls and 1 adorable Corn within a year's time, as i knew i was ready. i'm so so so stupid happy with my gang. most people don't analyze their situation and their future like this, which is a shame, as it works out best for all.

okay taylor, enough.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 04-13-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Very nice addition. I'll admit I'm a little jealous because I want one now . There's just not enough space to keep all the beautiful snakes. Congrats and great choice! I hope the time flies for you .
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Alternatively "Midna" from Twilight Princess. I'll often find myself flip-flopping between "Kallari" and "Midna" so I guess I'll see which name I end up going with lol
    either or. i'm sure u know it will be a matter of time before u have both Kallari and Midna.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have actually! If I do get a female I was planning on calling her Kallari, named after an assassin character from Paragon.

Unfortunately the game is going to be cancelled but that character still holds a special place in my heart as I used to main as her and my husband worked on the game, so I've seen the game develop from alpha to open beta.

But I admit bubble tea as an option is totally cute! Hehe
    Paragon was an awesome game. I was a Revenant main. I had two accounts both were in platinum, though because of the people ruinin the game my other account is now gold. I played Kallari jungle going through gold when I was new though.

Russian Rats are awesome. When I get rid of my Kunashir Island I plan to get one.

On a side note, April 26th is the last day. However, rumors have flown around that tencent was going to keep developing it. I dunno how true that is though. I haven't played in months.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-15-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast