Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,446

0 members and 1,446 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's totally fine. If he was going to regurge it would be right away. In the past I had growing juvies that would stuff their mouths with one worm after another, and I would keep dropping them in as long as they were chowing down. Turns out snarfing of phoenix worms is not the best way to go and manners are more appropriate in this situation. Don't stuff your mouth, take a breath between worms, etc. It doesn't sound like Smeagol is a snarfer, so you probably will be fine. I just always give people that advice because it's a bummer to watch your gecko so happily chomping on worms and then all of the sudden...blech.
    - Emily

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Smeagol and the grub

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    That's totally fine. If he was going to regurge it would be right away. In the past I had growing juvies that would stuff their mouths with one worm after another, and I would keep dropping them in as long as they were chowing down. Turns out snarfing of phoenix worms is not the best way to go and manners are more appropriate in this situation. Don't stuff your mouth, take a breath between worms, etc. It doesn't sound like Smeagol is a snarfer, so you probably will be fine. I just always give people that advice because it's a bummer to watch your gecko so happily chomping on worms and then all of the sudden...blech.
    Haha, like little kids !!!

I don't think Smeagol has ever seen those worms before. He was not impressed with me holding something in front of his face while he was trying to sleep.

He had ZERO interest. And while trying, I dropped 3 worms. And its like magic. Even though I could kind of tell where they fell, boom, they were gone. 2 in the carpet and one in the cage. For the life of me, I couldn't find them. But I do have somewhat shaggy carpet.

I was about to give up, but thought, oh comon..one more try. So the next one I tried to hold onto really well. And then it started moving around. That is when Smeagols eyes got focused and interested. Suddenly, almost like it surprised him as well, he just snatched it up.

It stuck straight out of his mouth like a cigar, LMAO. And then he just held it like this without moving for quite a while. The other 2 he hate quicker, but the one in the picture he held for another 5 minutes, thinking about it.

He is just a hoot. I think if I put them in his cage he probably would never notice them, unless they started moving a lot.

Well, I'm glad he has finally had a good sized meal. He has been eating Repashy almost every night (but the one I suspect he shed in). He continues to mostly ignore any Pangea. While he eats Repashy, it didn't seem like an awful lot of it. But then, I've heard they just don't eat all that much.

So for the next 2 or 3 days back to Repashy and then we'll try more worms or even the Dubias. I got the smallest size Dubia and boy..they are tiny, LOL. So letting them grow a bit.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Smeagol and the grub

Ma belly's so full...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12