Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,944

3 members and 2,941 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Repticon Orlando

Hey so I gotta question for y’all since I’m still a NOOB. Lol what should I look out for at these types of things? I’ve been egging my husband on getting a Pac-Man and I REALLY love the ease of care like the crestie so what should I look out for?! ie: bad vendors, specific situation like over price, um idk lol this is an aspect I’m new to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    You are swiftly becoming the zoo man lol. I envy you! Your husband must be amazing to say sure love...get another animal.

I Think deb is your pac man info person.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Repticon Orlando

my tips:
    • bring cash. cash is king, and allows you a lot more wiggle room to haggle with vendors.
    • do some quick Google searches or Fauna Classifieds searches on the vendors: Google for what they have to offer, Fauna if they're worth a serious look
    • if you're there to look for something specific, check prices on line and compare when you're there. this is what made me pull the trigger on my Piebald boy.
    • also if you're looking for something specific, pick a price point and try not to go over it. aka behave! hahaha.
    • take your time! there's no need to fly through everything all at once. stop and talk to people, to vendors; everyone is there to have fun and enjoy the hobby.
    • lastly: as soon as you get home STRIP those clothes and head right into the shower and clothes in the hamper. no hitchhikers!!!

4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Aerries (04-06-2018)

Thanks
    Totally agree with the naked and shower. I will add...hand the clothes to hubby (if he didn't go with you) and wash immediately! If you Bith went throw the clothes into a garbage bag and seal until you can wash them. No mites for my babies!

also agree with the cash. I knew how much I could spend and I left my debit card in the glove box.

Ask all all the questions no matter how small or trivial. Also get an email or phone number in case questions come up later. That happened to me with boople.
    Last edited by Sunnieskys; 04-04-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

Aerries (04-06-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    Hey so I gotta question for y’all since I’m still a NOOB. Lol what should I look out for at these types of things? I’ve been egging my husband on getting a Pac-Man and I REALLY love the ease of care like the crestie so what should I look out for?! ie: bad vendors, specific situation like over price, um idk lol this is an aspect I’m new to.
    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    my tips:
    • bring cash. cash is king, and allows you a lot more wiggle room to haggle with vendors.
    • do some quick Google searches or Fauna Classifieds searches on the vendors: Google for what they have to offer, Fauna if they're worth a serious look
    • if you're there to look for something specific, check prices on line and compare when you're there. this is what made me pull the trigger on my Piebald boy.
    • also if you're looking for something specific, pick a price point and try not to go over it. aka behave! hahaha.
    • take your time! there's no need to fly through everything all at once. stop and talk to people, to vendors; everyone is there to have fun and enjoy the hobby.
    • lastly: as soon as you get home STRIP those clothes and head right into the shower and clothes in the hamper. no hitchhikers!!!

This is all basically correct, though I actually wouldn't bother attending a show with the intent to buy unless you have googled a specific vendor or two that meet acceptable criteria. If there are some vendors that do, then indeed bring cash and haggle, you may able to swing a slightly better deal.

I will say this though, the place where shows really shine for me is enclosures. The deals on exo-terras for example can be a steal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Regius_049 For This Useful Post:

Aerries (04-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

I nearly went to this show last year but I decided against it as we were coming home to the uk the next day and I couldn't have stood seeing loads of stunning snakes and not being able to buy any ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Aerries (04-06-2018)

Thanks

Yay! We’re getting ready to leave now and head that way, hope we’re not too early lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Repticon Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    Yay! We’re getting ready to leave now and head that way, hope we’re not too early lol

I'm sooooo envious !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-07-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Thanks

Black pastel albino paradox

I have found my next lizard for sure!!! Red eye crocodile skink so wicked cool! I’m definitely getting one in July!

And then I did get my Pac-Man lol he’s going to be my desk buddy! Now I just need a name lol also any input would be great. I know the setup and requirements for this little guy. Crazy feeding response and don’t require lighting or hides of anything.

We didn’t stay long at all but that was just us scoping everything out for July.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

John1982 (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Awesome!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast