Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,907

0 members and 2,907 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: New Peruvian Long Tail Boa baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thuguez View Post
    I bought her from LLL Reptile. They were the only place i could find (online & in CA) that had babies for sale. I've heard mixed reviews about LLL, but my experience was nothing but positive. I questioned them heavily before purchasing and they didn't seem too mind at all. I picked her up at their Menifee Ca store.
    She isn't shy at all, In fact she was exploring her cage the first night. She shows no signs of aggression and seems to really enjoy being held. I've had her for almost a week now, she's 7 week old and about 20 inches.
    Ah ok. Wasnt sure if you picked him up from a breeder. I tend to question locality or 'harder' to find stuff and tend to stick to certain breeders. I know for nice BCL stuff, Jessica Fee, Chris Wolf, Vin Russo and Sonja Koolmo have nice stuff. I got my boy from Sonja. He is a Meltzer/Lincoln line from Legacy Reptiles and Vin Russo. I say this because as babies, BCLs kind of are ugly ducklings and can look close to BCOs unless you are familiar with their heads. They have a pretty unique lookign head.

Anyways, like i said, grats on him and you got lucky. From most of the people i've talked to, BCLs tend to be more shy than BCIs or BCC and stuff.

You will have fun watching the color changes. I look forward to him, my suriname and my GTP.

And again, you must have luck on your side. I have heard HORROR stories from buying from LLL.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Thuguez (04-02-2018)

Thanks

Re: New Peruvian Long Tail Boa baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Ah ok. Wasnt sure if you picked him up from a breeder. I tend to question locality or 'harder' to find stuff and tend to stick to certain breeders. I know for nice BCL stuff, Jessica Fee, Chris Wolf, Vin Russo and Sonja Koolmo have nice stuff. I got my boy from Sonja. He is a Meltzer/Lincoln line from Legacy Reptiles and Vin Russo. I say this because as babies, BCLs kind of are ugly ducklings and can look close to BCOs unless you are familiar with their heads. They have a pretty unique lookign head.

Anyways, like i said, grats on him and you got lucky. From most of the people i've talked to, BCLs tend to be more shy than BCIs or BCC and stuff.

You will have fun watching the color changes. I look forward to him, my suriname and my GTP.

And again, you must have luck on your side. I have heard HORROR stories from buying from LLL.

My my biggest problem with a lot of the breeders was they wanted to sell in pairs. Several I contacted didn’t even know when they would have babies back in stock.
    Her head is very elongated. I’ve had snakes for 18 years so far but still don’t consider myself an expert. I did make LLL make me an invoice certifying she is what they said she is before I even went to pick her up. Have a 72Lx30Wx18H cage being made for her that should be here by the end of the year.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Thuguez For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (04-03-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12