Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,080

1 members and 3,079 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Overhead Lights for a Reptile Show Table

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I'm just starting out this year with my first shows so I'll probably just do one 8 foot table with clamp on lights and ARS acrylic display cases. Next year I may do two tables per show and expand things a bit and think about upgrading to overhead lights.
    You’ve probably noticed this at shows, but any type of display that gets some kind of vertical height is better than stuff flat on a table. If you’ll have two or more rows of display cases front-back on the table, you can do a riser out of bench, or board with supports, or whatever, and disguise it with a tablecloth/length of fabric. And if you do it right, you can use the space under/behind the riser for your stuff. Going vertical can also help you get more out on display without needing more tables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing with the stair step display and go a bit vertical, something like this:

Also, I've never seen this done at a show, but I was thinking of something like a clear glass cabinet instead of a table. That way you could put more displays down low, maybe have some of your duplicate snakes down there and move them up as they sell off the top. Not sure if the shows would allow it though. Something like this:

Thanks

Re: Overhead Lights for a Reptile Show Table

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I was thinking the same thing with the stair step display and go a bit vertical, something like this:
    Yep, exactly. It makes it so much easier to appreciate the stuff in back if its elevated a little.

Also, I've never seen this done at a show, but I was thinking of something like a clear glass cabinet instead of a table. That way you could put more displays down low, maybe have some of your duplicate snakes down there and move them up as they sell off the top. Not sure if the shows would allow it though.
    They’ll probably allow it (as long as they don’t tear up the floors somehow), the question is moving them. You could put heavy-duty casters on them, like we did for our Thing1 and Thing2:
    After being unpacked, they get covered and used as tables. Long before my husband became a truck driver we outfitted our cargo trailer with e-track, which is used in trucks, and have 2” wide tie-down straps with e-track fittings. With those and heavy moving blankets the Things Do. Not. Shift. in transit.
    http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Tr...raps-Tie-Downs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12