Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,828

2 members and 2,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts

E.T. - - - Go home ? - - - phone home? - - - is home?

So yesterday was slated to be a busy crazy day from the jump. I had two new snakes arriving that I had waited weeks for one almost 2 months so it was just time and I was edgy...

I had some work appointments precisely scheduled around my AM deliveries and I assumed I had masterfully set the stage for an exciting SNAKE DAY...

I had to get my kids from school at 3 and the night before as always was full of anticipation. I was poking and prodding my set-ups making sure all was good. I was having some humidity issues so that had me stressed as it was to start the am. The refreshing began and the boxes movement and I was locked in...

I finally got my setups to a level spot I could live with and went to get my packages...

I arrived home to begin the unboxing and finally meet my new crew ! The Sgt and I decided it would be way cool to face time one another cause he got 2 snakes as well so we were all set up iPads rolling cameras ready. He goes first and opens his blue eye and the party began...

I was next up and the gentlemen we are we let the ladies go first so Lucy was on deck... I get in her box and there is a long feed history hatch info all this stuff so I’m reading and I go to move some shredding and..... Ohhhhhh SNAP!

I see a small deli cup with what appears to be an alien life form ! My heart sinks... my mind is scrambled. I’ve never been so confused and like full of this what do I do or how do I feel feeling.

Now the breeder and I became pretty good pals over this period. He’s a smaller home breeder and very chatty and full of info. He also has a special needs son and I have a ton of experience there and am actually going into that field full time so we connected there and I have him a lot of info and offered certain services for school work and what not... anyways. My birthday is also a few days away and he knew that.... he’s been a long time like 30 year breeder of crested geckos and then got into balls so he was constantly talking about them.

I legit thought he confused my delivery or messed up the labels and sent me an order of cresties and someone else had Leslie!! I was like NOOOOOOOOO

I grab the little guy and I see a label with a hatch date and a big caption “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

I was like what is going on. Stunned...

I moved the bedding aside to see the snake bag so I felt relieved there. But I still was like shocked...

Now this is a really nice gesture and a great surprise. I once had a friend gift me an amazing star fish for a bday when I was running salt tanks and that was the only time I ever recall a pet as a gift. As cool as it was I’m like ummmm. I have no tank, no experience, no idea what this is or the care. I had read stuff on them and chatted up the local shops about them but still. A LITTLE WARNING.

Anyways I had a decision to make. Do I keep this in my limited space apt and take on another creature. Do I find a local home for it or offer it to the local shop. I was so dang conflicted. The lovely Taylor was actually great in keeping me calm and even offered to take it and have it sent to her. But I have never shipped an animal and I couldn’t deal if I screwed up and he arrived to her as a stiff shell.

I went to the local shop to get my wits about me and price things. I had become friendly w the mgr there who has all kinds of crazy animals. He’s like look I’ll take it if you don’t want it but they are easy to care for you have a rat snake so it’s kinda similar they eat smoothies like gym dudes and are very chill. He also goes I have a spare barely used tall exo terra you can have it for $20. I guess that sold me and I said what do I have to loose.

Anyway I’ll shut up now and show you E.T.

It was weird. I brought in some of my kids toys. They loooove ET and have these dolls and they were on the table when I was opening the snakes and then this little lizard comes out and he looks like a baby prehistoric ET so he was easy to name.

Oh and he’s a patternless Dalmatian. Either red or yellow or some mix and I’m told he should be heavily spotted as the parents are. Only time will tell.

Wish me luck and drop some knowledge of you don’t mind !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mlededee; 04-01-2018 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Editing language
    1.0 - Cinnamon Banana Ball Python (Thunder)
    1.0 - Yellow Belly High White Pied Ball Python (Pretty Fly For A White Guy)
    0.1 - Cinnamon GHI Ball Python (Leslie Snipes)
    1.0 - Dumerils Boa (Sushi)
    0.1 - Caye Caulker Boa (Lady Liberty)
    0.0.? - Mandarin Rat Snake (Bumble)
    1.0 - Mexican Black King (Rico Suave)
    1.0 - Black Tail Cribo (Goldar)
    0.1 - Jaguar Carpet Python (Cookie)
    1.0 - Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Elsa)
    1.0 - Green Tree Python (Banner)
    0.2 - Yellow/Quince Monitors (Blanche & Dorothy)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),Prognathodon (03-30-2018),richardhind1972 (03-30-2018),Sgt7212 (03-30-2018),the_rotten1 (04-01-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: E.T. - - - Go home ? - - - phone home? - - - is home?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    So yesterday was slated to be a busy crazy day from the jump. I had two new snakes arriving that I had waited weeks for one almost 2 months so it was just time and I was edgy...

I had some work appointments precisely scheduled around my AM deliveries and I assumed I had masterfully set the stage for an exciting SNAKE DAY...

I had to get my kids from school at 3 and the night before as always was full of anticipation. I was poking and prodding my set-ups making sure all was good. I was having some humidity issues so that had me stressed as it was to start the am. The refreshing began and the boxes movement and I was locked in...

I finally got my setups to a level spot I could live with and went to get my packages...

I arrived home to begin the unboxing and finally meet my new crew ! The Sgt and I decided it would be way cool to face time one another cause he got 2 snakes as well so we were all set up iPads rolling cameras ready. He goes first and opens his blue eye and the party began...

I was next up and the gentlemen we are we let the ladies go first so Lucy was on deck... I get in her box and there is a long feed history hatch info all this stuff so I’m reading and I go to move some shredding and..... Ohhhhhh SNAP!

I see a small deli cup with what appears to be an alien life form ! My heart sinks... my mind is scrambled. I’ve never been so confused and like full of this what do I do or how do I feel feeling.

Now the breeder and I became pretty good pals over this period. He’s a smaller home breeder and very chatty and full of info. He also has a special needs son and I have a ton of experience there and am actually going into that field full time so we connected there and I have him a lot of info and offered certain services for school work and what not... anyways. My birthday is also a few days away and he knew that.... he’s been a long time like 30 year breeder of crested geckos and then got into balls so he was constantly talking about them.

I legit thought he confused my delivery or messed up the labels and sent me an order of cresties and someone else had Leslie!! I was like NOOOOOOOOO

I grab the little guy and I see a label with a hatch date and a big caption “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

I was like what is going on. Stunned...

I moved the bedding aside to see the snake bag so I felt relieved there. But I still was like shocked...

Now this is a really nice gesture and a great surprise. I once had a friend gift me an amazing star fish for a bday when I was running salt tanks and that was the only time I ever recall a pet as a gift. As cool as it was I’m like ummmm. I have no tank, no experience, no idea what this is or the care. I had read stuff on them and chatted up the local shops about them but still. A LITTLE WARNING.

Anyways I had a decision to make. Do I keep this in my limited space apt and take on another creature. Do I find a local home for it or offer it to the local shop. I was so dang conflicted. The lovely Taylor was actually great in keeping me calm and even offered to take it and have it sent to her. But I have never shipped an animal and I couldn’t deal if I screwed up and he arrived to her as a stiff shell.

I went to the local shop to get my wits about me and price things. I had become friendly w the mgr there who has all kinds of crazy animals. He’s like look I’ll take it if you don’t want it but they are easy to care for you have a rat snake so it’s kinda similar they eat smoothies like gym dudes and are very chill. He also goes I have a spare barely used tall exo terra you can have it for $20. I guess that sold me and I said what do I have to loose.

Anyway I’ll shut up now and show you E.T.

It was weird. I brought in some of my kids toys. They loooove ET and have these dolls and they were on the table when I was opening the snakes and then this little lizard comes out and he looks like a baby prehistoric ET so he was easy to name.

Oh and he’s a patternless Dalmatian. Either red or yellow or some mix and I’m told he should be heavily spotted as the parents are. Only time will tell.

Wish me luck and drop some knowledge of you don’t mind !!!

Awesome story! Amazing birthday gift! Great looking Gecko! And had a blast FaceTiming the whole experience. We both won yesterday with the BP’s, but you edged me out with E.T.! Happy for ya, brotha! Congratulations!

I know nothing about them so the only advice I can give is smoothies are ok, but watch who he hangs out with at the gym and keep him away from the roids or you’ll have to change his name to Godzilla!

Last edited by mlededee; 04-01-2018 at 05:02 AM. Reason: editing language in quote
    Ball Pythons
    0.1 Spinner -“Cuddle Bug”
    0.1 Banana YB - “Chiquita Bonita”
    0.1 Super Lesser BEL - “Daenerys - Mother of Dragons”
    1.0 Pastel Highway - “Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell

1.0 Super Citrus Bearded Dragon hopefully shipping mid-March, name pending.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt7212 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Lol!! He’s already sucking down smoothies like he’s got a competition coming up! I’m worried he may get too diesel and be dead lifting cork logs in his cage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Good grief - what a story! That guy was brave (crazy?) for sending a random pet to you, that could've gone very poorly for said random pet. But sounds like y'all built a bond and he trusted you to take care of this little fella.

Welcome to the philly and bp.net family, E.T.!

And how cool you and the sarge got to FT for your unboxings, too bad we couldn't live stream it here somehow. Maybe we gotta take advantage of the BP.net facebook page for that...hmm...
    Last edited by hilabeans; 03-30-2018 at 09:56 AM.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    I breed these guys, and find them to be amazingly easy to keep. Temps between 70- to 80f, no hot spot required, humidity of 60-80%. They feed on pureed fruit, Pangaea gecko diet, and crickets about as wide as the width of their head. Mist nightly and they drink droplets off the glass. I keep mine in exoterra tall cages with lots of branches and an eco earth substrate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Good grief - what a story! That guy was brave (crazy?) for sending a random pet to you, that could've gone very poorly for said random pet. But sounds like y'all built a bond and he trusted you to take care of this little fella.

And how cool you and the sarge got to FT for your unboxings, too bad we couldn't live stream it here somehow. Maybe we gotta take advantage of the BP.net facebook page for that...hmm...
    Now that’s a cool idea!!! It really was a fun experience and I’d recommend it for sure. Would be cool to see more member unboxing and us real users getting our cool new animals.

Sure the glossy celebtype youtubers are cool and all but something nice about seeing real folks reactions to their new babies. Hell I was sweating like a you know what in church just in anticipation and getting to like interact w someone and share it was pretty cool. Plus we were like going snake for snake lol

yea it was RANDOM that ET was just bam there I was like ummmmmm [what]....
    Last edited by mlededee; 04-01-2018 at 05:03 AM. Reason: language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    I breed these guys, and find them to be amazingly easy to keep. Temps between 70- to 80f, no hot spot required, humidity of 60-80%. They feed on pureed fruit, Pangaea gecko diet, and crickets about as wide as the width of their head. Mist nightly and they drink droplets off the glass. I keep mine in exoterra tall cages with lots of branches and an eco earth substrate.
    Thank you!! This is perfect news cause it sounds like I’ve set up exactly what you describe.

I cant help but think having like 2-3 would just be way cooler though. Do you keep multiples. I guess I’d need to wait till this one gets bigger as it’s unsexed now.

Thanks

Aww he’s cute and they are so soft good luck with him, from what I have heard they are pretty easy to care for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Thank you!! This is perfect news cause it sounds like I’ve set up exactly what you describe.

I cant help but think having like 2-3 would just be way cooler though. Do you keep multiples. I guess I’d need to wait till this one gets bigger as it’s unsexed now.
    Well, I have kept females together in the past with no issues, but in my experience mature males will fight if kept together, and if you keep both sexes together you got yourself a Roman orgy waiting to happen.

I've seen these things try to breed at a ridiculously young age, so I generally keep babies separate as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post

That’s an awesome idea! Years ago I used to listen to a radio show that also made use of a program called Paltalk. They had cameras up in studio and the fans could see what was going on. It was chat rooms and instant messaging but you could talk on mic, type text and stream a webcam. That would be a cool concept but way above my intelligence level on how to incorporate those capabilities or if it’s even possible on a forum.

Ball Pythons
    0.1 Spinner -“Cuddle Bug”
    0.1 Banana YB - “Chiquita Bonita”
    0.1 Super Lesser BEL - “Daenerys - Mother of Dragons”
    1.0 Pastel Highway - “Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell

1.0 Super Citrus Bearded Dragon hopefully shipping mid-March, name pending.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast