Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,924

3 members and 1,921 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My anxiety...

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Keep your chin up. Keep fighting and find something good about yourself every day.

I've been through my share of depression, anxiety and self-loathing as well as got myself clean and sober after 15 years of daily drinking and using.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk, need somebody to listen, whatever...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: My anxiety...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments.. tbh I dreaded coming here to read the comments I was tired and emotional when I made this post. But I'm glad I did so many amazing people here

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omglolchrisss; 03-30-2018 at 11:28 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omglolchrisss For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (03-30-2018),Craiga 01453 (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    I haven't posted on here in quite a while... I've been having a lot of mental issues as of late. If that's what you would call this... I always think I'm gonna die not a day goes by where I don't think that... I have made bad decisions I am very overweight and I smoke I've struggled with the weight thing since I was a kid. I started smoking when I was 22 as a coping mechanism I'm 25 now. Last year I was a normal human I was walking I was going on dates with my beautiful fiance I felt better than I ever did since I was a kid then I became depressed about my life I stopped doing everything and i became worse off than I was before.. anyways that is my story I dont want people to pity me. I just have no one I can talk to about this. No one in my life understands

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

The difficult part is crawling out of that hole that you sunk into. Its hard to jump start getting better when you are in the middle of a deep depression. Sit down when you have a quiet moment and consider what would work for you, to give you a moment of hope and the will power to start climbing. It is different for each person.

Someone to listen and talk to ? Even if you have no-one around you, several people here offered a ear. ACCEPT IT. Professional help ? Sometimes it takes a bit more to get started, and there is nothing wrong with it. If you feel you would benefit from it but just can't get yourself to up and do it, have someone help you research your options and make that appointment and GO. Just go. Take it from there. One day at a time. Right now your mind is trying to sabotage you into doing nothing. Because as bad as all this is, it is what you KNOW. Even a dark place can be a safe place. The "Unknown" is the scary place. You just need help to start climbing, from then on, little by little, you will be able to go on and get better. One day you look back and can barely comprehend how you could have gotten stuck in such a dark, dark place.

If people around you don't understand, don't focus on that. People that never went through that will never fully understand. They get impatient. They get "tired" of it. Unfortunately society still doesn't accept that this is a real issue. Many think its a "fad", that suddenly everyone has those mental issues, depression and anxiety. But no, it is not a new problem, it is not a fad. It has always existed. Only back then people suffered silently. They ended their life. They ended up in sanatoriums. Its truly sad that there isn't more understanding. If people were more scientifically inclined they would understand what a true marvel the human body (and all living things) really are. What each cell consists of. What makes everything run. The impulses, the marvel of the human brain and what powers it and how it runs everything. To think that only "physical" things can go wrong in a body is asinine. The mind is a powerful thing, we already know that. Even chemicals in our own body can literally turn our minds, ourselves, into a different person.

A friends doctor once said, to say to a mentally ill or depressed person to just "go out, do something, just get over it" is like saying "just take a deep breath and you'll be fine" to a person with a collapsed lung. It doesn't work that way.

You need help. Just take that first little step, whichever you choose, and focus on that alone. Then the next one. Do not look at Mount Everest of "my life is horrible and there is so much to do to fix it". Take that one step and only look at that. Talk to people. Seek out a doctor. Get help.

There are a lot of natural , non addictive things that can help you as well. A good friend of mine was on some powerful anti depressants and anti anxiety meds and she wanted off. However, that is difficult to do, esp. after the many years she has been on them. I recommended a homeopathic supplement to her. She used it and was able to wean herself completely of all the heavy duty meds. She used it for about 3 month, only as needed when she felt overwhelmed. Now she doesn't need it anymore. She keeps it on hand when she feels anxiety reaching out or overwhelmed, but that doesn't happen very often.

If you would like to give that a try, here is a link.

https://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Stres...pSrc=srch&th=1

Stay away from caffeine or energy drinks. Drink Chamomille Tea. You will be surprised just HOW MUCH help there is out there, straight from Nature and non habit forming and not in any way hazardous.

Don't even worry about the weight right now. You think to much about all the negatives. One step at a time. Once you get started, just take short walks. Focus on breathing and looking around yourself. Make the walk something to enjoy. The only hard part is to get started.

And in a way you already did. You reached out to us.

Now focus on that next step, and only on that for now. I know you can do it.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),CALM Pythons (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Sunnieskys (03-30-2018),Timelugia (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    The best example I can give to explain is ...

You all know of people who binge drink at the weekend . So they drink crazily heavily Friday , Saturday even Sunday evening and if they kept that pace up they'd be dead by the weekend with alcohol poisoning BUT they then leave off the booze for four or five days and the body ( liver) miraculously repairs itself and then they all go through the same process the following weekend .......

Well by daily fasting - you give your whole body , the organs and tissues time to slow down and repair themselves and replace cells - each and every day !

Plus you feel wonderful !!

What's not to like people ?

It's the future !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Hm, that is really interesting !!!

I didn't know that was a thing. I've been doing that forever. Only..I don't eat until late, I start with dinner and I like to snack in the evening. But I usually don't eat breakfast and I don't eat lunch.

I always get fussed at over it, too. My mom can't stand it. They are big on breakfast and when she comes to visit it drives her crazy. Sometimes I do have to eat, because we go out to lunch. It makes me feel sluggish for the rest of the day.

I like to eat when all the work, all the chores are done and I can sit down and enjoy it. I DO feel better and energized that way, always have. I used to think there is something wrong with me, its unhealthy, its not normal, but I always feel better when I'm not being badgered into eating before I'm ready. And it hasn't killed me yet, LOL.

So now I can say I'm on this healthy lifestyle called "The Fast" and hopefully people will leave me alone about it.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    it's so nice to see you back on the forum, chris!!! i wish it was on better terms, tho!

i've been very open here about my struggles with anxiety and how i cope, and a lot of people came out in support on the few threads i've mentioned it. this is a very welcoming place and i think a part of you knew people would empathize and offer kind words; we are a community here.

if you want to change something, you have to do something differently. every day; no matter how small. but the change has to start with you.

you can't control the universe, no matter how hard you try, but you can control how you react to it.

as for professional help: local colleges and universities usually offer free services even to the community, or your local church or religious center might have support groups even if you aren't exactly religious.

i'm glad you're back! we're rooting for you.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 03-30-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Sunnieskys (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    My pastel bp, pandora, has been fasting for 5 months... she must be really mastering this healthy lifestyle thing.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Timelugia (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I need to lurk here. I’ve been sinking for 20 years, ever since my divorce. Meds only work for a while, then they need to be upped or changed, but it’s alway a backslide.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

One other quick fix is to start listening to happy , fast tempo , uplifting songs !

Virtually every song is available for free now through the internet - YouTube , Spotify free , Grooveshark just for starters ...

Happy music is proven to change how your brain thinks / feels / reacts etc and so music is an easily accessible quick fix that actually works for many and it's instant and long lasting !

Just a thought .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

My anxiety...

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Hm, that is really interesting !!!

I didn't know that was a thing. I've been doing that forever. Only..I don't eat until late, I start with dinner and I like to snack in the evening. But I usually don't eat breakfast and I don't eat lunch.

I always get fussed at over it, too. My mom can't stand it. They are big on breakfast and when she comes to visit it drives her crazy. Sometimes I do have to eat, because we go out to lunch. It makes me feel sluggish for the rest of the day.

I like to eat when all the work, all the chores are done and I can sit down and enjoy it. I DO feel better and energized that way, always have. I used to think there is something wrong with me, its unhealthy, its not normal, but I always feel better when I'm not being badgered into eating before I'm ready. And it hasn't killed me yet, LOL.

So now I can say I'm on this healthy lifestyle called "The Fast" and hopefully people will leave me alone about it.
    I read somewhere that in the 1950's a struggling company called Kellogg's hired some big noise from the advertising world who came up with the logo ' Breakfast , the most important meal of the day !' and completely turned the company fortunes around .

The idea was made up as an advertising gimmick and was complete bunkhum !

A soon as you eat breakfast ( usually some form of carbs ) you will be hungry all through the day as your body will then be craving or chasing carbs all day . If you delay 'breakfast' you won't feel hungry until after you eventually ' break fast' later on ... it just takes a few days to 'educate' your body of the changes .

As regards the 16:8 or even the 19:5 fasting methods they go back thousands of years when people were generally healthier and stronger more active . I've read accounts of herdsmen , cowboys , even warriors / armies used to do it .

Pretty sure that I read somewhere that NOBODY had breakfast at all in the UK until the 1900's .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-30-2018 at 05:57 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    I haven't posted on here in quite a while... I've been having a lot of mental issues as of late. If that's what you would call this... I always think I'm gonna die not a day goes by where I don't think that... I have made bad decisions I am very overweight and I smoke I've struggled with the weight thing since I was a kid. I started smoking when I was 22 as a coping mechanism I'm 25 now. Last year I was a normal human I was walking I was going on dates with my beautiful fiance I felt better than I ever did since I was a kid then I became depressed about my life I stopped doing everything and i became worse off than I was before.. anyways that is my story I dont want people to pity me. I just have no one I can talk to about this. No one in my life understands
    hey i think here are a few things u can look forward to each day:
    1. black licorice
    2. pineapple pizza
    3. your snake
    4. your fiance
    5. cool sunglasses

ok i've had my own personal struggles w/ things like acceptance, relationships, etc. throughout life. then a sudden tragic loss turned my world upside down 5 years back. i took time off to be with family but when i returned to my job and apartment in California, i started having really, really bad anxiety and panic attacks. i would breakdown out of nowhere, freeze and couldn't enter doors, get claustrophobic in randowm places, always looking for an escape route. i was usually hyperventillating, crying or throwing up. my issues, the loss, my depression and anxiety, drinking, etc. and work stress was overwhelming. i was completely F'ed up, didn't think about suicide much tho TBH but knew that my lifestyle could/would kill me. i was like an emo zombie hot mess for like 8months. friends and co-workers were concerned of course, offered support, their ears, shoulders and their hearts, EAP, etc. but i didn't start to get better until i let them in. so for me, it started w/ opening up and talking. while it was still a struggle, talking helped lead me back to some kinda routine and normalcy. talking and laughing again, i started going out again and back into sports and my hobbies. i still felt apart of me was missing so i uprooted myself and moved back to Seattle to be closer to my mom and sister. it still kills me that was a too late but the prodigal son returned. i'm better but i still fight it. my anxiety is mostly gone but comes back now and then like last year i was finishing notes alone in a conference room here at the office when i felt disappointment in random freakin' notes i was typing and broke down crying. Rachel, from research stumbled upon me, consoled me, we chat it up, she also cried about stuff and i realized i needed professional help so i started talking to a counselor to help me sort out my feelings which helped. it's a fight i'm winning and i acknowledge that i have peeps i can talk to and good benefits/resources that help but recognize not everyone has that - so i offer myself to chat with u or anyone in need. my PM box is open.

Quote Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    I need to lurk here. I’ve been sinking for 20 years, ever since my divorce. Meds only work for a while, then they need to be upped or changed, but it’s alway a backslide.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),zina10 (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast