Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,450

1 members and 2,449 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My anxiety...

Thanks

My anxiety...

I haven't posted on here in quite a while... I've been having a lot of mental issues as of late. If that's what you would call this... I always think I'm gonna die not a day goes by where I don't think that... I have made bad decisions I am very overweight and I smoke I've struggled with the weight thing since I was a kid. I started smoking when I was 22 as a coping mechanism I'm 25 now. Last year I was a normal human I was walking I was going on dates with my beautiful fiance I felt better than I ever did since I was a kid then I became depressed about my life I stopped doing everything and i became worse off than I was before.. anyways that is my story I dont want people to pity me. I just have no one I can talk to about this. No one in my life understands

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to omglolchrisss For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: My anxiety...

Sometimes you just need someone that listens. I understand why you made this thread. Depression/Anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with and you seem to be losing hope that you can deal with it on your own.
    Have you thought about getting professional help?
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Timelugia (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    Sometimes you just need someone that listens. I understand why you made this thread. Depression/Anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with and you seem to be losing hope that you can deal with it on your own.
    Have you thought about getting professional help?
    Of course I've thought of professional help 6i just can't do it though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    Of course I've thought of professional help 6i just can't do it though

I've suffered from OCD and severe anxiety for about 10 years (from 6 years old to 16 years old) until I decided to change something. I'm extremely sure that I would've been unable to get over my problems without help (Even though I refused the offered professional help, I had a lot of people at my side).
    In the end you have to fight yourself if you want beat your issue but that can be very difficult. Not everything will always go as planned. It can be a very difficult battle and it can be very frustrating. Often medication is needed in order to be able to proceed and not everyone knows how to deal with their problems. Many people suffer quietly and make their illness worse. Sometimes we just need someone to guide us. I know the thought of opening your heart to a stranger is absolutely frightening but if you feel like there's no-one you can talk to, that's your best option. A professional psychiatrist can also tell ways to handle your issues.
    I don't know you or your life, so I cannot give you a lot of advice. You know yourself best. If you really want to fight these feelings, you will have fight with all you have and use all the help you can get. Fighting against yourself is a long and tiring battle.
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Your mental health and physical health ALWAYS comes first. Anxiety is tough to deal with and you should never apologize or feel guilty for taking some time for yourself. I don't know if you can't get professional help because of money or of fear but it's worth it. I suffer from anxiety as well as other mental illnesses and I admit getting help was scary at first but it was the best decision I've ever made. I hated the way it took over my life because I couldn't be the person I wanted to be and taking care of myself felt like a chore..

We're all here for you. Take care of yourself and don't let it control you

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plasma For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

My anxiety...

This is a tough one .... there can be so many causes or factors involved and it's a devil of a job to even know where to start to help yourself ..

I've suffered from terrible anxiety all my life , I'm now 60 and still trying to 'manage' .

I've got a school report from when I was 7 and it mentions a phrase that I've never forgotten "a gifted little fellow but what an anxious chap he is - such a shame"..

Now I'm a bit more complex as I tested as Aspergers and dyslexia so these bring a whole raft of problems / issues / positives / negatives to the party ..

Anyways ..... A while ago when I realised that my health was taking a downturn ... overweight / depressed / lethargic ( anxiety is a given ) ....and started researching how to lose weight and keep it off ... Dieting is a problem for me as I have a very narrow diet meaning there I have a very small list of things I actually like to eat .
    Luckily I do like meat / fish and fruit and veg so I'm half way there .. Soooo
    I eventually stumbled upon " FASTING " !!!

Fasting sounds far worse than what it actually is tbh and the benefits are amazing . One thing is that because you are going a while each day without eating it gives your body and the organs all time to rest , recover , replace cells etc .

Yes it sounds crazy or ridiculous but there are various formats to chose from and they all work ... You lose weigh , easily , regularly , quickly and it stays off as long as you stay on the regime .
    I followed the 16:8 fasting regime PLUS I excluded bread and chocolate from my diet completely . I was still eating around 2,200 calories daily I basically just replaced the bread and chocolate with potato and loads of fruit ..
    Oddly enough .... the main bonus of losing the weight .. 2 stones ( 28 lbs) in about 3 months was that my depression lifted , I was suddenly optimistic and enjoying life again ... loads of energy - almost reborn !!

I still follow the fasting regime but reintroduced bread ( at the moment ) which means I've stopped losing weight.

I'm done extensive tests Pretty certain that although I LOVE chocolate , chocolate HATES me as the next day I'm down and even tetchy . So I simply don't eat chocolate !!

I'd also recommend anyone who wants to feel healthier ( and look better ) to do some online research on FASTING !!!

It's not a new fad ... It goes back thousands of years and it's proven ..
    Look at society these days and all the problems and diseases we all have , most of them are down to our diet and how and when we eat .
    There are a few different ways of fasting .... The 5 & 2 is popular but didn't suit me so I started on the 16:8 fasting method which basically means eating no later than 9pm and skipping breakfast !
    I did that for 2 months , ate like a king 2,300 calories daily and lost a stone without trying ...

Starting the fasting was so easy !!

After the first two or three days of skipping breakfast I stopped feeling hungry and felt alive in the mornings !!

After two months I moved up to 19:5 which means I skip breakfast AND dinner and I felt AMAZING all through the working day !

My first meal of the day (a good sized meal ) was around 4:30pm , then you snack of healthy fruit and or nuts ) whenever you want in the evening and have a snack no later than 9.30pm . The evening snack should contain some protein so I always snack on either ham , chicken or salmon and finish with a banana ( banana at bedtime helps you sleep !) .

Sorry for such a long winded post guys and gals .

Just wanted to share my successes ...

Aged 60 , no health issues , not taking ANY medicines !

Still jogging the odd 5 or 6 mile whenever I feel like it or ( have the time ).

I put all this down to the absolutely INCREDIBLE benefits of fasting ( and ditching chocolate partly ) .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-30-2018 at 07:28 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),richardhind1972 (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018)

Thanks

My anxiety...

The best example I can give to explain is ...

You all know of people who binge drink at the weekend . So they drink crazily heavily Friday , Saturday even Sunday evening and if they kept that pace up they'd be dead by the weekend with alcohol poisoning BUT they then leave off the booze for four or five days and the body ( liver) miraculously repairs itself and then they all go through the same process the following weekend .......

Well by daily fasting - you give your whole body , the organs and tissues time to slow down and repair themselves and replace cells - each and every day !

Plus you feel wonderful !!

What's not to like people ?

It's the future !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-30-2018 at 07:39 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Let me start off by saying I am sorry you are going through this. I choose a more natural approach to healing my anxiety and depression. I was over weight and went through a divorce almost 10 years ago. It felt like my life was over. I decided one day to make some changes. Like you, I had reached a point where I didn't like myself or anything about my life. I went vegan for several years. Went from 330lbs to 185lbs. I began to do more things outside. Camping, hiking, etc.... Slowly over the course of a year I transformed my life into something I can and am happy with again. I went from struggling with depression, anxiety, heart disease, fatty liver, and diabetes to healthy, medication free, and full of life. No life is not a cake walk but it is much more enjoyable and people enjoy being around me again. If you don't like your life, make a change. A good change! Keep in mind it takes time and dedication to do it my way but it was well worth it.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-30-2018),DLena (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Thanks

My anxiety...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Let me start off by saying I am sorry you are going through this. I choose a more natural approach to healing my anxiety and depression. I was over weight and went through a divorce almost 10 years ago. It felt like my life was over. I decided one day to make some changes. Like you, I had reached a point where I didn't like myself or anything about my life. I went vegan for several years. Went from 330lbs to 185lbs. I began to do more things outside. Camping, hiking, etc.... Slowly over the course of a year I transformed my life into something I can and am happy with again. I went from struggling with depression, anxiety, heart disease, fatty liver, and diabetes to healthy, medication free, and full of life. No life is not a cake walk but it is much more enjoyable and people enjoy being around me again. If you don't like your life, make a change. A good change! Keep in mind it takes time and dedication to do it my way but it was well worth it.
    Amazing !

PS
    I guess my post was ALSO about making changes ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-30-2018 at 08:43 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    I know all to well what you are going through, I have had anxiety and depression since I was 10 years old and suffered through medications and doctors and weight gain and all the fun that comes with that. At age 13 I was diagnose with a mild form of aspergers. At age 18 my gf, who suffered from bipolar disorder, killed herself in my living room. It was at that point that I thought I couldn't go on... but yet, somehow, I did. I certainly wasn't from medication... none of those ever worked for me, and it certainly wasn't a therapist... we are lacking any good ones where I live. It was because I realized that I didn't deserve this... I realized that even though I felt terrible about myself, I was a decent person. I also realized that while I may never be able to totally rid myself of my anxiety, I could at least try and change some of the things in my life that made me feel so bad. It's an ongoing struggle, but over the years I've gotten myself into a better frame of mind, and don't feel as depressed as I once did.

My best advice is to focus on one thing at a time, one thing that makes you feel bad and try and change it, wether it be smoking or your weight, or something else. It will be hard, and you will fight yourself constantly, but once you make that single change, you will feel better about yourself and it will be a little easier to make others. Also focus on the things that do make you happy, the things you still enjoy, and do those things as much as possible.

You can get through this, and you are NOT alone.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

DLena (03-30-2018),omglolchrisss (03-30-2018),Zincubus (03-30-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast