Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,342

0 members and 1,342 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: The New Enclosure Is Done (+ Photos)

Looks great... I thought it was 48" (4ft) it doesnt look 5 feet.. Maybe the close up pics throw it off. My girls love their large enclosures and stay out from around 8-9pm till 5 am messing it all up and climbing hahahahaha..

iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Caali (03-31-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    lovely!!! i'm jealous of people with ledges in their enclosures!
    Thanks
    I think you have the same opinion as my snake when it comes to ledges Personally I really enjoy the look of it and I like to see him rest up there (But I've only seen it once).

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs
    Oh man please post progression as you go along!

this thing is gonna be cooool!!
    I will post the progression on this thread but it'll take some time. I hope it'll turn out as well as intended

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons
    Looks great... I thought it was 48" (4ft) it doesnt look 5 feet.. Maybe the close up pics throw it off. My girls love their large enclosures and stay out from around 8-9pm till 5 am messing it all up and climbing hahahahaha..
    It's exactly 150 cm long which is about 4,91 feet but I agree that it doesn't look that big in the pictures.
    Haha, you gotta love ball pythons
    I'm happy to know that there are other ball pythons out there that do that. I know how you feel. After his first night in the new enclosure I went to check on him in the morning like I always do. I found two of the plants had moved to the side and were sightly tilted. It was obvious that he took the night to explore his new enclosure
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Looks great Caali!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Caali (04-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Looks great Caali!
    Thanks

Thanks
    This may seem like an idiotic question . . . but how in the world will you do a thorough cleaning of it?

It's gorgeous and I'm sure your BP will love it if he likes to ramble and explore anywhere near as much as our guy does. I'm trying to figure out a new arrangement for our BP (5-6 yrs old, ~950gr, 42" long) and have been surfing around the forums looking for ideas. Your photos really caught my eye, but all I can think about is having to clean up after a massive poop (the size of a cat's) or the frequent urination.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to psiam For This Useful Post:

Caali (04-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psiam View Post
    This may seem like an idiotic question . . . but how in the world will you do a thorough cleaning of it?

It's gorgeous and I'm sure your BP will love it if he likes to ramble and explore anywhere near as much as our guy does. I'm trying to figure out a new arrangement for our BP (5-6 yrs old, ~950gr, 42" long) and have been surfing around the forums looking for ideas. Your photos really caught my eye, but all I can think about is having to clean up after a massive poop (the size of a cat's) or the frequent urination.

I don't know what your routine for cleaning up is but I don't find the big enclosure to be more difficult than the small one.
    When he poops or urinates, I simply clean out all the substrate in that spot and clean the surrounding furniture (like caves, plants or so). Then I put some fresh substrate in there and it's done.
    I only do a full cleanup every month or so and I change his water every 3 days.

And yes you're right. I don't know how much of a climber your BP is but if he is anything like mine, I promise you that this kind of enclosure is going to be great for him. If I'm awake late at night (like 1 or 2 am), I can often see him resting on the big branch on the right of enclosure. Recently I also found him sleeping on the ledge or just cruising around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    I don't know what your routine for cleaning up is but I don't find the big enclosure to be more difficult than the small one.
    When he poops or urinates, I simply clean out all the substrate in that spot and clean the surrounding furniture (like caves, plants or so). Then I put some fresh substrate in there and it's done.
    I only do a full cleanup every month or so and I change his water every 3 days.
    My setup is pretty utilitarian. It's a clear/translucent 33-gallon tote with many, many small holes drilled in the sides and top, heat tape underneath half of the bottom, 1 large hide over the heat tape, 1 slightly smaller hide on the cool side (we've had to go up in hide sizes twice since getting him!), a great big V-shaped piece of driftwood we picked up by the river and sterilized that he loves to climb on, a rough rock with a couple of holes in it that helps enormously when he's shedding, and a 5" diameter plastic water bowl that I'm about to replace because he's constantly flipping the thing like a sulking rock star when he isn't taking a bath in it.

I've been using a substrate and spot cleaning except when he decides he's going to smear a poop all over the walls like a baby. Yes, really. He's a brat.

My issue is with weight. I can't lift over 20 lbs, so I have to find a solution that will both keep my boy happy and be manageable for me. I just love the look of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    And yes you're right. I don't know how much of a climber your BP is but if he is anything like mine, I promise you that this kind of enclosure is going to be great for him. If I'm awake late at night (like 1 or 2 am), I can often see him resting on the big branch on the right of enclosure. Recently I also found him sleeping on the ledge or just cruising around.
    Our guy is usually getting busy around 9pm or so, but we've found him out and about in the afternoon if he's hungry. We'll often find him up on his branch when we go up to bed around midnight. He's in our bedroom (doesn't everyone keep their snake in their bedroom?). Sometimes, he's got his body on the branch and his head is in the hide. He's really much too large for the space he's in - he's 3x the width of it and nearly twice the length.

Guess I should go to the local reptile club's monthly show/sale.

Thanks for chatting with me.

Thanks

Small update:

I promised to upload new pictures when the enclosure was done. It doesn't look that different but I really like it know and I think it is about done. I might add one more thing but apart from that this is the end result.
    (The pictures were taken with my cell phone so please excuse the bad quality.)

P.S. I had to buy new hides since the other ones were becoming too small (sometimes he lifted them up when he moved inside of them or he lifted the hide with his tail so that his head peeked out on one side and the tail on the other). You cannot see him in the pictures and he is a bit iffy about the bigger hides. He preferred to live a life as a snake that looked like a turtle

Last edited by Caali; 07-20-2018 at 06:57 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

psiam (07-24-2018),Starscream (08-04-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    That is quite the home. Nice work.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

Caali (08-05-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12