Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 614

1 members and 613 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Nightmares and breakdowns while waiting for your babies to ship

Ok, so I've been waiting for 2 babies to ship and the weather is finally cooperating, so they are shipping out tomorrow for Thursday morning delivery and I am like a paranoid, nervous expectant father. For those of you who don't know me, I'm not good at waiting. I'm the guy who was trying to figure out how I could get my hands on the iPhone 25, right after the iPhone X was announced, if that gives you any insight.

So I'm waiting for a Banana YB from Chun and a Super Lesser BEL from another breeder and trying to make it to Thursday without having a breakdown. Last night's nightmare did NOT help things.

I had a dream that I unboxed my Blue Eyed Lucy and something was wrong. There was this white stuff all over my hands and I realized that the breeder had sent me a normal that he had just painted white and put little blue contact lenses on (which promptly popped off her as soon as I took her out). I was like, "How the heck do you even get contact lenses on a baby BP????"

So what are some of your stories while waiting for your new additions to arrive? Nightmares, dreams, panic attacks, checking your watch and seeing it's only 730am, nervous pacing, constantly staring out the window searching and scanning for the FedEx truck, refreshing the tracking info over and over again, checking your watch again and wondering how in the world it could only be 733am when you've clearly been waiting for over 4 hours... etc...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sgt7212 For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (03-27-2018),CALM Pythons (03-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    lol that's a wild dreams!

my shipping stories are pretty boring:

i don't do delivery. i always pickup at the shipping hub 1st thing in the morning as soon as they open. when i got Cat, i went to the FedEx hub but they didn't have her. when i checked my email, she was actually shipped via UPS. that was a first. anyway ok, so i went 2 blocks over to the UPS hub. the guy there was friendly and pumped about having had a snake shipped. i think he actually wanted me to open the box right there lol. but nah, i opened her up at home and it turned out she had no heatpack and had a respiratory infection.

another time, i was like picking up 2 snakes. 2 different breeders timed for the same shipping and pickup date. only 1 snake was available for pickup at 8:30am at the FedEx hub. i was hoping the tracking info was wrong and they missed a scan or something but no, my Super Black Pastel was not there. they call around and triple check everything. my snake was last scanned in Tennessee. i call the breeder to let him know what happened. he gets on the trails and calls around FedEx as well. i head home to setup the new snake that did arrive and head off to work. i get a call hours later, like around 1 or 2pm from FedEx. they have my Super Black Pastel. it seems like they did miss scanning it in between all the airplanes and trucks and handlers in between Seattle, WA and Tennessee.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I remember an order once of very expensive saltwater critters and I was a nervous wreck because they had a very short window of health and I was up all night waiting and sat outside the front door rocking back and forth waiting for the delivery. It came on time but I was so stressed.

I only shipped my rosy boa and it went flawless but I bought it from the best breeder in the hobby so I was never worried.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-27-2018)

Thanks

Re: Nightmares and breakdowns while waiting for your babies to ship

Praying I don’t have any nightmare experiences like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ball Pythons
    0.1 Spinner -“Cuddle Bug”
    0.1 Banana YB - “Chiquita Bonita”
    0.1 Super Lesser BEL - “Daenerys - Mother of Dragons”
    1.0 Pastel Highway - “Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell

1.0 Super Citrus Bearded Dragon hopefully shipping mid-March, name pending.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

You just have to trust that the breeder you are dealing with is an honest/stand up person. I've had plenty of snakes shipped to me and have shipped plenty out..so far no bad experiences! Matter of fact, I will be shipping out a pastel calico pinstripe to the winner of my contest on my FB page later today .
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PghBall For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-28-2018),the_rotten1 (06-22-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PghBall View Post
    You just have to trust that the breeder you are dealing with is an honest/stand up person. I've had plenty of snakes shipped to me and have shipped plenty out..so far no bad experiences! Matter of fact, I will be shipping out a pastel calico pinstripe to the winner of my contest on my FB page later today .
    I trust the breeder. If i didn’t, i would not have purchased from them in the first place.

The intent with me starting this thread was more about sharing the (now) funny dream I had and other things we, as owners do while waiting for our new additions to arrive, like constantly refreshing tracking info, waiting by the window to pounce on the FedEx driver as he pulls up, pacing like a paranoid, nervous expectant parent, etc... It was about sharing out humorous experiences and really has nothing to do with business or shipping. I’m confused as to why it was moved from off topic cafe.

Maybe I just should have named the thread Crazy Snake Dreams or something like that. Idk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ball Pythons
    0.1 Spinner -“Cuddle Bug”
    0.1 Banana YB - “Chiquita Bonita”
    0.1 Super Lesser BEL - “Daenerys - Mother of Dragons”
    1.0 Pastel Highway - “Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell

1.0 Super Citrus Bearded Dragon hopefully shipping mid-March, name pending.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt7212 For This Useful Post:

PghBall (03-28-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt7212 View Post
    I trust the breeder. If i didn’t, i would not have purchased from them in the first place.

The intent with me starting this thread was more about sharing the (now) funny dream I had and other things we, as owners do while waiting for our new additions to arrive, like constantly refreshing tracking info, waiting by the window to pounce on the FedEx driver as he pulls up, pacing like a paranoid, nervous expectant parent, etc... It was about sharing out humorous experiences and really has nothing to do with business or shipping. I’m confused as to why it was moved from off topic cafe.

Maybe I just should have named the thread Crazy Snake Dreams or something like that. Idk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't have any funny stories really.. Ive only order 3 snakes. I do share some of your feelings. Im inpatient and no matter what I order dwell on Tracking info etc..until its here. Maybe Im a bit obsessive. Something I find kind of funny is that I now (after members have shared personal stories) realize snake owners have very similar characteristics hahahha. Not sure if thats a fluke or if it is what has brought us all to this common interest. I think its more than a coincidence honestly. When Im waiting on something like you now are I have to keep busy and find things to occupy myself otherwise i'll drive my own self crazy hahahahha. Speaking about all this and being a man of course I notice all the very attractive women on the forum. One of the things that give me the biggest laugh is imagining myself with one of them that have some of the same behaviors as me and how quickly we would drive each other absolutely Crazy
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-28-2018)

Thanks

I can certainly relate to being so anxious and nervous about a pending shipment. I always schedule that day off work. Get up a the crack of dawn and watch out the window for the fedex truck. Oh the excitement when that truck pulls up. LOL I always say there is nothing quite as exciting and getting a snake shipment from the fedex man.

The few shipments that I have had sent to me all went off without a hitch - thankfully.
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

My very first shipping experience had some issues. I had the snake scheduled to be delivered to my work, and delivery was supposed to be by 10am. 10, 11, 12 come and go with still no snake. At 1pm I contact the seller. He makes several phones calls and finds out the snake was delayed getting to the local hub. He had then had the package redirected to my home for a 7-9pm delivery. I stayed up past my bedtime and my little guy finally showed up at 10pm.

I had a Leo show up one time that was basically comatose. Couldn't see it breathing and flipping it over the animal was just limp. The shipping either triggered her brumation or neuro issue. After about a week she would move like half an inch a day. 2 weeks after getting her finally we noticed her eyes were open and head semi erect. After a month she was moving around and eating on her own. The worst feeling is opening a box and thinking your new pet is already dead.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Question

My fedex shipment is only 26 minutes late so far....no idea when they will arrive. It is nerve racking because I mistakenly thought the breeder was going to ship early yesterday and the shipment would be here first thing this morning!
    so last night he sends me the tracking number and it says 10:30am estimated time to hub! I took the whole morning off work, and now i dont know if they will get here until this afternoon!

i wish there had been more concise communication from the breeder. I feel like its my fault for not being more pushy and clear. Its just been so hatd, as ive been waiting over 3 months fir this order be ause if cold weather and the fact that these animals are being shipped across the country.
    luckily there are two and they have heat packs, so i trust they will be in good health when they arrive. I keep telling mysekd, “pythons are hardy and tough, they will be fine.”
    the waking night mare has begun!
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 03-28-2018 at 11:04 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Sgt7212 (03-28-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast