Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,666

2 members and 2,664 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets meet Rei.

Thanks

Re: Lets meet Rei.

I think I will switch her to f/t because it would definitely just be much more convenient for me, and safer for her.
    I'm a part-time college student and full-time employee. It can be a hassle to run out and buy a mouse every five days, which just really how often she wants to eat right now.
    My question is, should I try to switch her to f/t mice first? She's eating medium mice rn. I ask this because I really want to switch her to rats as well, I have a feeling trying to do a double-switch on her food type will not go well. Lol

Thanks
    Update on Rei.

I got a kitchen scale so I can keep up on her weight. She is currently weighing in at 356 grams.
    As for the f/t switch, that has indeed been successful. She ate adult mice for me every 5 days for about 4-5 weeks then last week I offered a f/t rat pup, I just today gave her a second rat pup, also f/t, I've been using the hairdryer method after thawing in hot water, feeding during the day in as much dark as I can muster(my mom being around at night makes feeding stressful for me and stressful for Rei I'm sure cause she's always trying to dictate on how I should feed.) Anyway, she took it quite readily, her first rat she wasn't too sure of at first, but she did take and eat it after i offered it warm and did the zombie dance, but this one she took right away.
    While I'm doing the switch I'm feeding her every 7 days but I know she wants to eat every 5 days. She's a voracious girl!

Rei also has a more pretty setup, same tank but I've added in more plants because I didn't like how little color was in the tank, I also started experimenting a bit with substrates. I didn't like how the coconut alone would get on her prey and she would swallow it. It hasn't been an issue of impactation but it has me worried just a bit. When I cleaned her tank last week I invested in some reptibark. I now use a brick of compressed coconut substrate and a layer of reptibark on the top. This looks both pretty and keeps her prey free of substrate. I'm also finding the wet coconut fiber is doing a fine job of maintaining humidity underneath the bark.

Don't have any new photos for you guys as of right now tho. D:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019),Charis (06-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    refusals can be re-frozen (the general rule of thumb is one time, then throw it away if refused again) which is super convenient when you nly habe 1 snake and can't feed refusals to other snakes.
    Really? Is this true? Everyone I've asked told me that re-freezing is a no-go for fear of bacteria. My snake is eating right now, but it would be good to know for the next time he doesn't.

Thanks
    Beautiful girl!

Thanks
    I finally got a photo of her this morning.
    Turns out the day after I fed her she went into "blue" so I left her alone. She'd only shed a month ago so I was surprised to see her shedding again.

Proud to say, full complete shed . I measured the length of the skin today, she is currently 27 inches long.

and her new debut picture!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019),e_nigma (01-31-2019)

Thanks
    Gorgeous girl! I've always liked that morph and she is a spectacular example of it. Glad she switched easily for you!

Thanks

She is now eating larger rat weans, and weighs 428 grams. Sometimes we just chill like this. She is actually sitting comfortably next me right this moment.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019),Charis (08-22-2018)

Thanks
    Just photobomb update.

I had gotten her out the other night to just chill as I was watching The Office. She decided to chill and I thought that against the blue of my blanket this was a perfect photo opportunity.

This is by far my favorite photo to date. I may have set it as the wallpaper to the lock screen on my phone.
    0.1 Bumblebee Ball Python(Rei)
    0.1 Coastal Carpet Python(Mosaic)
    1.0 B.E.L Ball Python(Aspen)
    0.1 Hypo Aztec Jungle BCI(Rowan)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019),Charis (11-28-2018),Dianne (11-11-2018),e_nigma (01-31-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Pretty girl!

Thanks
    The sun is out today, so I got Rei out for some photos. Only natural light really does her justice. Still too cold outside for snakes, but I do have a window. I got some really nice headshots of her today, and finally captured the true color of her eyes. I'm also amazed at how good photos my phone takes.

0.1 Bumblebee Ball Python(Rei)
    0.1 Coastal Carpet Python(Mosaic)
    1.0 B.E.L Ball Python(Aspen)
    0.1 Hypo Aztec Jungle BCI(Rowan)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-31-2019),Dianne (01-31-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast