Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,318

1 members and 2,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Incubator progress

Found a friend on Facebook that obviously drinks a LOT of Pepsi in 2 litres. Posted on there that I needed about 30 emptys since it is taking me a long time to get enough with just me drinking them. He said that he had at least 30 emptys right now so I will be going to meet him tomorrow.

Thanks
    Just watched Justin Kobylka's latest video and turns out he does press and seal over even egg tub and uses a big fan in his incubator. Also mentioned he never "burps" the egg tubs and leaves the press and seal on until they hatch and has done so for a long time with no problems. So sounds like you will be good either way!

Also, I just bought distilled water jugs from the grocery store to put in my incubator so I can always pull one for the proper temp water if I need to set up an egg tub.
    Last edited by treaux; 04-15-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    6.10 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas - "Marco and Esmeralda"
    1.0 Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python - "Rossi"
    1.1 Boa Imperator Rescues - "Clifford and Bonnie"
    0.1 Hog Island Boa - "Luna"
    1.0 Dumeril's Boa - "Sage"

RIP Wintre
    My iHerp Page

3. The Following User Says Thank You to treaux For This Useful Post:

Bistem (04-16-2018)

Thanks

Re: Incubator progress

Quote Originally Posted by treaux View Post
    Just watched Justin Kobylka's latest video and turns out he does press and seal over even egg tub and uses a big fan in his incubator. Also mentioned he never "burps" the egg tubs and leaves the press and seal on until they hatch and has done so for a long time with no problems. So sounds like you will be good either way!

Also, I just bought distilled water jugs from the grocery store to put in my incubator so I can always pull one for the proper temp water if I need to set up an egg tub.
    I had watched that one from JKR also and I highly respect the work that he does. I am not sure I agree with the not burping them at all part. I am thinking of setting up the tubs with a small plastic pole in the center in order to make the press and seal form a very slight roof shape under the tub lid. That way, any condensation on the press and seal would run to the outer edges and down the tub walls and not drip on the eggs.
    I highly appreciate the idea on reuse of water jug contents for perlite water. I had not thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123