Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,871

1 members and 2,870 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Both the kids got new rooms.

Well, old rooms, I guess. Long story short, I moved both of my snakes into smaller enclosures around Christmas time. I was planning to be out of town for a week and a sudden temperature drop really threw off the husbandry in my scrub’s cage.

Just to be safe, I moved both animals into smaller enclosures where proper husbandry could be maintained while I was away. Although the alterations never came to full fruition (because I am the absolute least handy person ever) and took three months of feet-dragging...I was finally able to move both animals back into more suitable digs. We are also going back to using day lamps, so they have a day/night cycle. In my observation, this makes a huge difference in their activity.

My little Tanimbar scrub was VERY displeased, because moving was not his idea. Also because I did not realize it was technically feeding day. I’m trying to space him out from a 10-day to a 14-day schedule and he did NOT forget that yesterday was the 10th day. Nor that I broke the golden rule; never reach your bare hand into a scrub’s cage unless he is sleeping. Naturally, after the bloodshed, I put on gloves to finish the task. His response was to demonstrate the legendary strike range of a scrub. He struck from the top branch at the very back of the cage all the way out the open door of the enclosure, just to show me he could get me if he wanted to

Anyway, once he saw his old home, he went straight for it!

These are his evil face and murder pose:

Running for his home!

Re-exploring everything:

Then he just stretched out long and basked like that for awhile. Now that he actually can.

His home is a 36x18x24 Exoterra. I siliconed plexiglass over the top mesh to keep in humidity and added insulation to 1 side and top. Seems to be working pretty well so far. He has 5 hides, plenty of branches/vines for basking, a wide temperature gradient to choose from, and humidity ranging 65-80%.

Nagini, my Dumeril’s boa, was moved back into his old spot (after a deep clean, of course). Though this viv is too small for her, in my opinion, it will suffice until I find something better suited.

I covered 2 of the 3 exposed sides with insulation, as she is very shy. Hopefully, this will make her feel more secure. And hopefully, she won’t think the tape is unbearable She is in an 18” cube with 3” of substrate for burrowing, 3 hides and different temperature gradients, 3 large branches that converge into a sturdy basking spot, and humidity of 45-55%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-22-2018),Godzilla78 (03-22-2018),Kcl (03-22-2018),larryd23 (03-22-2018),Prognathodon (03-22-2018),Reinz (03-22-2018),Sauzo (03-22-2018)