Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

2 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Not exactly sure about the eye as i am no vet and cant see it but i have found dented eyecaps on my BPs over the years and it was due to low humidity. Once they shed, it was fine.

And my beardie pooped all over the nurses shoes and the vets table when i first took her in. She then jumped on me and ran up my shirt and hung on for life under my chin while peeking at the vet and nurse. Rosey also put the death grip on me when i took her to the same vet and wouldnt let them take her off me and when they did, she would bulldoze through them to get back to me lol. The vet made a joke, that i must take good care of my reptiles as they seem to love dad lol.

But anyways, not to sound like a jerk but you need to relax with the snake lol. You are just nitpicking it to death. It's good that you are checking it over, dont get me wrong but you need to let the snake be and settle in and relax and eat and be a snake. I generally just mess with all my snakes probably 2 maybe 3 times a week. I do change water and check for poops and stir substrate and stuff every 3 days or so and always look in on them but i give them time to just be snakes and have their own personal time. Some snakes dont like to be messed with too much and it will stress them. And depending how high their stress level goes, it can manifest itself into them becoming defensive whenever you open the door, or they quit eating, or regurgitate.

Personally, if your snake is eating, pooping, peeing and doing snake things fine, then i wouldnt worry. Take em out every few days, give them a check over, let them enjoy some exploring and enrichment and then let them be snakes in their cages. Some enjoy interaction more. Like Caesar for some weird reason LOVES interaction at night and will sit there by me while i pet him or will climb half on me and sit there. But during the day, i leave him alone. The boas seem to really care less if i bug them or not. You dont need to worry, you will have that snake for 20+ years so you will get plenty of time to interact with it lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (04-02-2018)

Thanks

Re: Rainbow is my new SunTiger female reticulated python progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Quick picture and weight.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're going to put a CHE inside of the enclosure like that don't you need a guard for it? I've seen some gnarly stuff from using CHEs similarly in enclosures. Definitely something you should look into.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MD_Pythons For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-02-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Pythons View Post
    Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're going to put a CHE inside of the enclosure like that don't you need a guard for it? I've seen some gnarly stuff from using CHEs similarly in enclosures. Definitely something you should look into.
    Wow i feel stupid that I didnt catch that lol. Yeah, you need to either lose it or put a guard on it asap. If that snakes touches that CHE, it is going to be in a world of hurt. And retics are very curious and love to see if stuff can hold them. At least Caesar is like that to my dismay most of the time lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MD_Pythons (04-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Wow i feel stupid that I didnt catch that lol. Yeah, you need to either lose it or put a guard on it asap. If that snakes touches that CHE, it is going to be in a world of hurt. And retics are very curious and love to see if stuff can hold them. At least Caesar is like that to my dismay most of the time lol.
    Installation is in progress. Can't believe I missed that also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Installation is in progress. Can't believe I missed that also.

Words of wisdom, retics are sometimes not the sharpest tool in the shed. You gotta reticproof everything. Make sure there is nothing they can get stuck in too. I had Caesar get stuck in a loop on a plastic plant when he was a baby. I have since learned anything with a closed circle in it is a no no. Just like tape in the cage or exposed heat sources or unregulated heat sources. I swear, retics just look for ways to break or destroy stuff lol. Caesar also shoved his Acurite gauge in his water bowl 2 times. I am surprised it still works after just letting it air dry on top of the cage for a few days. Ironically, the Acurite in Rangos cage took a dump and the display is half gone and Rango doesnt even touch his gauge

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    You can see in the photos that it's an overgrown scale or some sort of deformity. I didn't understand from the beginning how OP and the vet thought this was a shed issue? It's a scale that covers 1/4 of the eye.
    I sound like a jerk which is why I didn't say anything before, thought maybe the photos were just bad or weird or something but I'm glad you finally found a better vet.
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    You can see in the photos that it's an overgrown scale or some sort of deformity. I didn't understand from the beginning how OP and the vet thought this was a shed issue? It's a scale that covers 1/4 of the eye.
    I sound like a jerk which is why I didn't say anything before, thought maybe the photos were just bad or weird or something but I'm glad you finally found a better vet.
    I took her because I have no experience with the issue. The herp vet I took her and my girlfriends RTB to seams to know her stuff. I wonder if the scale will correct itself with a good shed? Anyone have wisdom here?

I would post photos but she is still in food coma after eating 2 quail chicks and a medium rat. She hasn't moved out of her hide in a couple of days except to drink. I am holding off on handling her till she becomes more active again. If I had my guess, this is the first time she is not hungry. I don't plan on feeding her that much all the time but was a nice treat for her.

Thanks everyone! Hope to have more photos this weekend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Words of wisdom, retics are sometimes not the sharpest tool in the shed. You gotta reticproof everything. Make sure there is nothing they can get stuck in too. I had Caesar get stuck in a loop on a plastic plant when he was a baby. I have since learned anything with a closed circle in it is a no no. Just like tape in the cage or exposed heat sources or unregulated heat sources. I swear, retics just look for ways to break or destroy stuff lol. Caesar also shoved his Acurite gauge in his water bowl 2 times. I am surprised it still works after just letting it air dry on top of the cage for a few days. Ironically, the Acurite in Rangos cage took a dump and the display is half gone and Rango doesnt even touch his gauge
    They are more active than all the others I have. My girlfriends RTB is not as active. Love her so much though.

Thanks

New paint job after shedding. Her hide is getting to small already. She lifts it up when she curls up inside of it. Then she sticks her head out to look. I took an oil pan and made her hide out of that. It's time for something bigger though. She's had two feeding sessions with me. One right after I got her and then I was on last week. I have a feeling now that she's being fed properly she's going to grow quickly. 7 more weeks before I put her in her enclosure. After that she'll be out of quarantine. I did notice her looking for food this morning as she rearranged her enclosure last night.

Last edited by Skyrivers; 04-09-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

Tried to get photos today. She is just so fast.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast