Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

3 members and 3,409 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Rainbow is my new SunTiger female reticulated python progression.

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    Just a slightly different idea I had while reading your post that you may want to consider:

You could connect the tubes to an in-line aquarium heater with adjustable thermostat like is done sometimes with ponds or very large aquariums. It may work out more electrically efficient or even less bulky to set up that way.

I feel like it would take more electricity to run the heat pad enough that the water heats in tubes (especially if they are plastic as it does insulate a bit) compared to the more direct heat the in-line heater would provide. From how I picture it, it would probably need less space outside the enclosure to set up that way as well, though that may not be true.

Looking forward to seeing the result regardless, large water areas aren't commonly posted for reptiles, much less retics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have already been considering this as an option. Will look more into it. I know my girl and I also know she loves the water. Will be great to get it all done. Just want it done right. Taking my time building it out and getting it ready. Want something that will last a long time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeboyaz View Post
    Excited to see the end result and rainbow enjoying her pond. It’s funny how different individual animals can be, neither of mine have ever seemed to care for being in water.

BTW, glad to see you back here. I enjoy your enthusiasm for retics, your posts usually make me want to go enjoy mine
    Thanks,

I will not be around as much. Had enough of bad juju to last me a lifetime. I feel as if I shared to much. Will not be as open with my experiences from here on out. Here's to hoping the trolls stay away.

Everyone of my animals enjoys different things and their own personalities. My larger animals enjoys water more than my smaller ones. I try to give everyone a choice of different things till I find out what they like and how it effects humidity and husbandry in general.

Once done will be no water on the top level, only on the bottom level. Will make adjustments in water temperature till I find the sweet spot in humidity. The build is taking longer that I expected. I was able to get the structure built up this past weekend but that was about it. Next will be to make the bottom parts that will have water so they will hold it. Then comes the paint and epoxy again. I learned a lot from doing the top.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Here's to hoping the trolls stay away.
    The "trolls" or the people who call you out on your bullplop?
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 04-22-2019 at 09:36 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (04-22-2019),Bogertophis (04-24-2019),jmcrook (04-22-2019),Kira (04-22-2019),MissterDog (04-22-2019)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Thanks,

I will not be around as much. Had enough of bad juju to last me a lifetime. I feel as if I shared to much. Will not be as open with my experiences from here on out. Here's to hoping the trolls stay away.

Everyone of my animals enjoys different things and their own personalities. My larger animals enjoys water more than my smaller ones. I try to give everyone a choice of different things till I find out what they like and how it effects humidity and husbandry in general.

Once done will be no water on the top level, only on the bottom level. Will make adjustments in water temperature till I find the sweet spot in humidity. The build is taking longer that I expected. I was able to get the structure built up this past weekend but that was about it. Next will be to make the bottom parts that will have water so they will hold it. Then comes the paint and epoxy again. I learned a lot from doing the top.
    Great way to make a come back , if you make that kind of statement (the one I have highlighted) don't be surprised of the outcomes, you are bringing it on yourself. After everything had settled down (thanks to the staff's warnings locked threads), you could have simply come back quietly, instead YOU chose to come back and start stirring the pot with a choice of words that is completely unfounded.......I will let that sink in

It's been 24 Hours the thread is now re-opened and hopefully everyone can play nice
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-23-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-24-2019),Dianne (04-24-2019),Gio (04-22-2019),jmcrook (04-22-2019),Kira (04-22-2019),MissterDog (04-22-2019)

Thanks

Question for those who have building experience out there. I have been toying around with the idea of using fiberglass sheets with resin to seal up the water part of the bottom level. What safety concerns do I need to worry about if I go that rout? Would clearly seal everything up with epoxy in the end after applying a sealing coat, paint and epoxy. Want my girl safe above all.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 04-24-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks

As long as you use epoxy suitable for potable water you’ll be fine, really shouldn’t have to fiberglass anything other than the corners. Google how to build plywood aquariums, you’ll find everything you’ll need to do what your wanting.
    1.0 platinum retic "woody"
    0.1 purple albino retic "Jessie"
    0.1 albino corn "evie"

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    If you use PVC sheets you'll be able to dado cut or router out grooves to lock the sides and bottom together. Then screwing them in place would make it good and strong.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but the water will add a lot of weight. And when the snake is in the water that'll be even more weight. And the weight of all that water will put a lot of pressure on those seams. So make sure those sides and corners are super tight and strong. You definitely dont want to come home to a mess and a snake on the loose if it gives out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Danger noodles (04-24-2019),Dianne (04-24-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeboyaz View Post
    As long as you use epoxy suitable for potable water you’ll be fine, really shouldn’t have to fiberglass anything other than the corners. Google how to build plywood aquariums, you’ll find everything you’ll need to do what your wanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    If you use PVC sheets you'll be able to dado cut or router out grooves to lock the sides and bottom together. Then screwing them in place would make it good and strong.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but the water will add a lot of weight. And when the snake is in the water that'll be even more weight. And the weight of all that water will put a lot of pressure on those seams. So make sure those sides and corners are super tight and strong. You definitely dont want to come home to a mess and a snake on the loose if it gives out.
    Thanks guys. Her enclosure is built like a tank. It is heavy as well already. Sitting on the floor because it is so heavy and huge. The water area is ranforced with 4x4s and the sides of the enclosure. The reason I am going to fiber glass most of the bottom is I want to place rocks and other things under the fiber glass to give it shape and contrast. Want to keep it relatively easy to clean as well. I learned a lot from the top part. Spray foam is wonderful but I think this will seal up better and if it does I will redo the top part. I am also making a area where she can go from the top to the bottom and it will be smooth rocks going down under the fiber glass. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to use. So far I haven't heard much negativity and wanted to see if anyone here had any experience actually using it.

Thanks

Rainbow was swimming after a eating two guinea pigs. Is cool she still washes herself off. Woke up this morning to lots of poop in her water. Still working on the bottom of her enclosure.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-02-2019),Gio (05-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    She looks good!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast