Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

3 members and 3,225 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GTP feeding

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: GTP feeding

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitten View Post
    So finally he's starting to put on some weight. He was looking super skinny for a bit. My hope is that eventually he will start eating on his own., I hope.

Nice setup and beautiful snake!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

fluffykitten (06-25-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Is that a rock waterfall back there? Trying to get ideas for my little guy's new setup. Man I wish I could hold mine like yours!
    Too Many...

That's what my wife says

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PiperPython For This Useful Post:

fluffykitten (06-26-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    Is that a rock waterfall back there? Trying to get ideas for my little guy's new setup. Man I wish I could hold mine like yours!

Yep it is, so far it works pretty good. Yeah he's only once took a pop shot at me other than that he's very calm. When I was looking at them at the expo he was was the only one that didn't try to bite me. I hear some of them can have a real attitude.

Thanks
    Just a small update, while before he would not even strike at the food or at anything for that matter. I did get him to start striking like crazy at the pinkie and he was biting and wrapping around it but would still not eat it. He would just let it sit in his coils till he moved and it fall to the bottom.
    Hopefully at least it's progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Holy cow, that little snake is still not eating on its own? Is it a biak? I talked to a guy who has a biak as well as other GTPs and he told me his biak will grab and drop the food if he so much as closes the door while it is eating. Said his biak is the most pita feeder of all his GTPs. And Pat doesnt go crazy for food. He will inspect it for about a min while i'm jiggling it in front of him and stuff. Once he figures out it's food, he just latches onto the mouse's head and pulls back and hangs down and wraps it. Luckily, once Pat grabs food, he doesnt let go, thank god.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ugh, I tried feeding Jester last week, and he just popped it a few times, then finally i got him to hold it, went away, and then came back to it on the ground and him curled up, i tried like 3 times and failed each time.

Hope he eats tonight
    Too Many...

That's what my wife says

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    Ugh, I tried feeding Jester last week, and he just popped it a few times, then finally i got him to hold it, went away, and then came back to it on the ground and him curled up, i tried like 3 times and failed each time.

Hope he eats tonight
    Do me a favour ...try the hairdryer trick ..
    Just wait till evening , dull lighting .
    Have the glass doors open , mouse in tongs .. blast it with a hairdryer for ten seconds and INSTANTLY dangle in front of the snakes face ... don't blink !!

If it shows any interest simply reheat and offer INSTANTLY again , just repeat the process exactly until it grabs it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    I've kept several neo gtps....I'm surprised he's still not feeding for you. I only ever had one that didn't eat and decided to send it back to the breeder rather than mess with it (I got him back later when he was more established), and I acquired that one with the knowledge that he has been a finicky eater from the start. I kept all of my neos in shoebox size containers with clothes hanger perches until they were very established. As a general rule, I try to keep perches that are pretty close to the diameter of the snake. I've found that my gtps were a little more picky about the temps of their feeders than my garbage disposal bloods. I never tried the hair dryer trick, but it seems like a good idea. I hope you get him feeding soon. Usually if I could get mine to wrap it they would eat..just getting them to wrap was usually the battle for me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kristan For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kristan View Post
    I've kept several neo gtps....I'm surprised he's still not feeding for you. I only ever had one that didn't eat and decided to send it back to the breeder rather than mess with it (I got him back later when he was more established), and I acquired that one with the knowledge that he has been a finicky eater from the start. I kept all of my neos in shoebox size containers with clothes hanger perches until they were very established. As a general rule, I try to keep perches that are pretty close to the diameter of the snake. I've found that my gtps were a little more picky about the temps of their feeders than my garbage disposal bloods. I never tried the hair dryer trick, but it seems like a good idea. I hope you get him feeding soon. Usually if I could get mine to wrap it they would eat..just getting them to wrap was usually the battle for me.

holy crap! what an amazing baby! wow!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanks! I had high hopes for her because she had some nice mite phased siblings from previous pairings, but she turned out all green.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast