Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

0 members and 2,903 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Shed and marks on ball.

Hey guys, new to the forum but longtime python owner. My male python Dante is about 5years old and has been with me since he was about a month old. Occasionally he has had poor sheds that were remedied by misting his cage and warm baths. The past two weeks unfortunately were very busy for me. Between work and my 4th year in college i did not have as much time to spend with him as i would have liked. My roommate moved some stuff around and i came home one day to find he had pushed the lid off his cage and was halfway out of his enclosure. This was about 4 days ago before he started his shed. He started his shed two days ago has retained some around his head. This is not unusual but i did notice he had some unusual marks on his belly. It almost looks like burn marks but i am not sure. He is about 3ft long and the marks are about halfway down his belly. Ive never seen this and cant find google answers so i am worried about him. If anyone more knowledgable than I could weigh in i would really appreciate it. If it could be something serious i want to act fast to keep him healthy and happy. I am attaching pictures below. Thanks in advance yall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Re: Shed and marks on ball.

The marks might just be like scratches from trying to squeeze out of the enclosure. Theyre odd shaped to be burns. Burns would usually be wider on the belly where it has more contact with an unregulated uth. Im guessing its in a fish tank? Do you have a thermostat hooked up to your heat source? Id suggest reading up on the different ways to insulate and keep a tank humid because you shouldnt have to mist to keep humidity where it needs to be and that will solve any shed issues but otherwise doesnt look like much to worry about to me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

Brandog (03-19-2018)

Thanks

Re: Shed and marks on ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahshissyfix View Post
    The marks might just be like scratches from trying to squeeze out of the enclosure. Theyre odd shaped to be burns. Burns would usually be wider on the belly where it has more contact with an unregulated uth. Im guessing its in a fish tank? Do you have a thermostat hooked up to your heat source? Id suggest reading up on the different ways to insulate and keep a tank humid because you shouldnt have to mist to keep humidity where it needs to be and that will solve any shed issues but otherwise doesnt look like much to worry about to me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Youre correct. I would like to buy him a nice enclosure but and am planning to upgrade soon. The equipment i had in there seems to be cheap so i will upgrade his qhole habitat soon. Thanks for the quick reply!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk