Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,898

2 members and 2,896 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Oh, Dakski, I will have to pick your brain at some point.

I'm on the quest to find the perfect, good quality, whiskey!

Not that I drink a lot of it, and I know even less about it. In the winter, or when I'm cold, I like to have a "nip" of it. Usually it was Crown Royal. LOL

Then I started thinking about how much better a true good quality Whiskey would be, so I went and bought a expensive single malt Scottish whiskey. And it wasn't that great Or my palate is simply un-educated.

I want something that is a real treat, for a small nip here and there, that is very much enjoyed.

Like you, I don't like to get drunk. Done that twice in my life and the aftermath was horrible... But I do enjoy a good drink here and again! With company, or to treat myself.

That said, I have no idea where to start or what I would like. The whiskey I ended up with had a strange chemical after taste. But again, might just be me, being used to cheaper stuff.

Pappy van Winkle's "Family Reserve". It's a Kentucky Bourbon. Fantastic once-in-a-while sipping whiskey.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (03-15-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks

I seem to be a couple pages late, but thanks Zina & Hilabeans.

Hilabeans - that is so sweet of you. I'm very glad that your daughter has the kind of motherly support that I didn't (emotionally abusive mother - I haven't spoken to her in almost a year and it's a relief). I hope your daughter's doing well and doing awesome things!

Zina - The field courses I took were really great. I essentially took six weeks in the summer, three weeks per class, and lived in cabins with other students and had eight hours of classes a day. The first class I took, almost all of that eight hours was in the forest every day, plus additional time for our independent projects. For the second one, half of it was in the classroom (it was an intense class that included a bunch of four hour tests that were all essay questions that each took over a page to answer properly) and the other half was in lakes, in streams, along railroad tracks, and any place herps could be found. There was also late night frog hunting. The second one was a herpetology class taught by a professor who also is an editor for Chelonian Conservation. He was a great teacher and does awesome turtle research. I've also done some one day volunteering stints with the game department including goose banding and a hellbender survey. The latter is where I learned I am allergic to leeches, but it was definitely enjoyable.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-15-2018),hilabeans (03-15-2018),Timelugia (03-15-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks

Also, Jus1More, Westie pictures please. I grew up with a westie. She's a little brat sometimes, but she's the best. She's sixteen now.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-15-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Pappy van Winkle's "Family Reserve". It's a Kentucky Bourbon. Fantastic once-in-a-while sipping whiskey.
    No doubt, but finding it, at least where I live, is nearly impossible... and it aint cheap!!
    At a reasonable price point, and easily available, Gentlemen Jack is very smooth and delicious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vikingr For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Sorry to derail thread with whiskey talk... my name is Kenny and I have a guitar addiction (real bad).
    I'm all about the BASS - this shot is after the intervention/selloff:

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vikingr For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-15-2018),hilabeans (03-15-2018),KevinK (03-16-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

Interesting people !!
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

I will keep an eye out for that !! Thank you for the recommendation !!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vikingr View Post
    Sorry to derail thread with whiskey talk... my name is Kenny and I have a guitar addiction (real bad).

After the sell off ???

Wow, very impressive. Actually, that is awesome !!!
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

vikingr (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

I will +1 this on behalf of my husband. I myself am a vodka girl. Grey Goose Martini w/ a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    I seem to be a couple pages late, but thanks Zina & Hilabeans.

Hilabeans - that is so sweet of you. I'm very glad that your daughter has the kind of motherly support that I didn't (emotionally abusive mother - I haven't spoken to her in almost a year and it's a relief). I hope your daughter's doing well and doing awesome things!
    Well that just sucks. Sadly, not everyone is made for motherhood and you do yourself a favor by cutting her out of your life if she causes you pain. I have an incredible mom and I know I'm lucky. My kiddo will be just fine, she's learning the skills now to deal with her brain chemistry. We don't ignore anything and she gets tons of support. She has art, animals, friends, family, and my full support.

And you take care of yourself!!! Hopefully that boyfriend of yours is your own version of dakski's Katie. We all need a Katie in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingr View Post

NICE!
    Last edited by hilabeans; 03-15-2018 at 11:58 AM.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    enjoy this novel:

i put up a biiiig front. if we ever met i'd try to make you laugh, bc that's an easy way to win someone over. not that i need to, but my anxiety always tells me people don't like me; making people laugh helps me overcome these feelings of anxiety when i'm in social settings. plus i think i'm funny lol.

i curse. kinda a lot. i got it from my momma. a few years ago i read an article that found those who openly curse tend to be more honest people, so i like to consider this a positive trait. it turns a lot of people off (like my family), but i always hang on to that study. i think the reason i curse is because i'm emotionally honest; i wear my heart openly on my sleeve. growing up, people took advantage of this. in middle school i had a whole group of girl friends who basically kept me around as a joke, but i could get them things they couldn't. it took me entirely too long to figure this out. i think that was the start of my anxieties.

high school was tough, but i was never really openly bullied; it was mainly the crowd from middle school who kept that going. i was that "loose cannon" because emotions make you insane to people. let's just say i'm lucky cameras phones first came out during my high school years, instead of how it is now. my friends were my fellow bandmates. they were weird, and horny, but they were honest people. we were allowed to be ourselves.

college was where i fell: mentally, physically, financially. it's also where i got my **** together, at least mentally. not to get too into it, but i was in a very dark place mentally. my relationships crumbled. college is honestly one of the hardest things to do for people with a mental illness. TBH we don't get enough credit for pushing ourselves to graduating. i almost didn't make it.

i have my Bachelor's in Fine Arts and my focus was Graphic Design. say what you want about art degrees, but you aren't just handed one. you work. HARD. i drove myself practically manic. staying up until 4am, nightly, to wake back up and head into the studio to keep working, bc i had to. the building station workers knew me by name, and always made fun of me for "living" in the art building. i'd have panic attacks where my clothes would hurt my body. i'd not eat for days, throwing up bile due to dehydration, and still go to class. it was almost worth it: i was top of my class. i'm damn good at what i do and it's because i worked hard. that's the only upside to pushing yourself to break: saying you were able to get back up and stay up.

most importantly: i treat people how i'd like to be treated. i didn't get enough of that growing up. i love being nice! and sharing my feelings. and smiling and giving compliments and just doing the right thing. a lot of people around me didn't and it really messed with me. but it's okay now! because i like me. and i stick up for me now. and i worked REALLY HARD to get to this point with myself and i'll be damned if i'll let someone take that away from me!

i also LOVE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-16-2018),Craiga 01453 (03-15-2018),dakski (03-15-2018),hilabeans (03-15-2018),KevinK (03-16-2018),richardhind1972 (03-15-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Ahhhh .

Shouldn't that be a AMLPF ??

Brony ?
    Bros that like Ponies - "Brony"
    Specifically My Little Pony Friendship is Magic series
    Kids cartoon aimed at girls, grew a fandom in adults, mostly men, they started calling themselves Bronies.
    The name now encompases basically any teen/adult that enjoys the show.

Hope that helps!

The more you know *insert rainbow*
    For the Horde!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-16-2018),zina10 (03-15-2018),Zincubus (03-15-2018)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast