Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,091

1 members and 2,090 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: So you shared your face with us, but what makes you YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Momokahn View Post
    In any situation zina, I always look for the positives. Making people laugh and smile is something I live for everyday. Whether it is my family, co-workers, or total strangers, I'm an equal opportunity provider of making people smile, or at least trying.

Standing atop a wind turbine nacelle is something I know you would enjoy zina. Feeling the structure slightly swaying under your feet is a feeling like no other. I have a pic on my work computer. I will post it later.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I just felt vertigo just reading this !!! LOL

I probably would enjoy it. After someone peeled me off the pole that I would be clutching desperately with my eyes closed..

It does sound thrilling, though!
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Momokahn (03-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Made me realize it was already there. There were also some much more mundane things going on that also caused stress when I realized I have depression. It wasn’t until I was on an appropriate dose of anti-depressants that I realized how bad for how long it had been.

For me, depression doesn’t seem to manifest as being unable to function. I get dwelling on issues/ideas/emotions/whatever, and so unconsciously I end up doing ALL THE THINGS in order to drown out the brain weasels - if I’m busy following this knitting pattern while reading it fills up the brain with un-depression-ish thoughts. So now I don’t make as many things, but I can also relax and goof off and the brain weasels aren’t yammering away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Shameless plug here, but still good advice and important to remember for anyone suffering with depression or otherwise feeling like they are somehow less.

https://youtu.be/y94S0deSmDM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ball Pythons
    0.1 Spinner -“Cuddle Bug”
    0.1 Banana YB - “Chiquita Bonita”
    0.1 Super Lesser BEL - “Daenerys - Mother of Dragons”
    1.0 Pastel Highway - “Lt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell

1.0 Super Citrus Bearded Dragon hopefully shipping mid-March, name pending.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sgt7212 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (03-25-2018),zina10 (03-19-2018)

Thanks

I thought about this question quite a lot. What makes me me?
    To be honest I have no idea.

I think my core self never really changed ever since I was small (I'm 19 years old).
    I'm really stubborn and I dislike sharing my negative emotions with other people. It used to be really bad. My mom always got mad at me when I didn't want to show her my bruises from playing. Once when I was like 3 years old I had a bad wound on my head but I didn't want her to touch me. I love my parents dearly but I just simply like to share my fears and negative feelings. Due to that habit, I got a very bad case of anxiety paired with OCD which started when I was like 6 years old. It took me 10 years to realize that I should do something against my disorder(s). I refused the therapy I was offered because I felt like this was something I had to do out of my own strength. My family and friends helped me a lot during that time. I probably wouldn't have been able to win this fight without them. After 2 years of my own therapy I was able to fully control my obsessions and deal with the feeling of anxiety. Nowadays I'm fine.
    If something really stress me out, I can still become anxious and I also get the obsessive thoughts but I know how to deal with the so I'm fine. It doesn't bother me and that's also why these feelings and thoughts don't stay for long. I've never been more content with my psyche. Normally I avoid the topic about my old disorders. I'm not ashamed of them but I dislike it when people think they have to handle me with kid gloves because of it. I want to move on from my old feelings and develop myself further. That's why I don't like it when people pin me down on something that has already passed. I've always been am a very cheerful person. There's no need to worry about me
    When I'm around people I just like to have fun. If it were my last day on earth, I want to people to remember me with a smile on my face. I also want people to smile when they remember me. They should think about the good times and not grief about the bad things.
    I'm always afraid to be of any harm to the people close to me. I don't want to hurt anyone which is why I tend to explain myself a lot. Normally I am very honest and a terrible liar but I'm not that direct which can lead to some very awkward situations.
    People always describe me as very shy and innocent when they first meet me and then they change it to sarcastic and lively once they get to know me. I absolutely adore dark humor and every kind of sarcasm. People with a great kind of humor and a pretty smile are my favourites
    I like it when people that laugh a lot and like to joke around.
    I was always interested in philosophy and read a lot of books which is why I'd like to become a neurologist which is also what I'm studying for. I want to learn more about the human mind while having contact with those whose brain has been medically affected. Not only will I be able to help those people but I can also learn about the human existence. Maybe I can discover something new about the human and create my own philosophical theories.

I think that sums me up pretty accurately even thought it's just a short explanation
    Last edited by Caali; 03-25-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-25-2018)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011