Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,713

0 members and 2,713 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,034
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jeremymichels
    Thanks

First time Ball Python Owner!

Hello everyone!

I've actually had my account here for a while. Almost a year. I still definitely consider myself a noob in the world of ball pythons, though. I created my account here to ask some questions prior to getting my ball python. Now I've had him for a year. (His birthday just passed!) I love ball pythons and am thinking about getting another.

Anyways, thanks to these forums, I actually created my own snake shelf! I used to have my BP in a big tank, It was so heavy and hard to clean. Now he's in a tub. He's been much more relaxed ever since as well, which makes me very happy. I have an empty spot on that shelf. Maybe I really SHOULD get another snake. xD

Anyways, thanks everyone for being so informative. I'm still a noob but I have learned so much thanks to this site!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stofey For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-13-2018),dakski (03-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    welcome, officially! post pics of your noodle! we want to be introduced to him as well!!! and let's see your shelf! it sounds cool.

i'm glad we were able to help! i kinda did the same thing as you: joined, learned a bit, then stepped away and started figuring things out for myself based on my research. once i was confident in my knowledge did i come back and post.

i waited almost 3 years until i got my second beep, and TBH that was an incredibly long time for someone in this hobby LOL.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: First time Ball Python Owner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

I can't take a picture of my noodle right now, but I do have some pictures of him. (He's getting ready to shed so I don't wanna bother him.)

Though, my shelf isn't too amazing. It can only hold 2 snakes. It would've held four but someone who's good with power tools was teaching me to use them. They looked at my blueprints with the shelf and said my measurements were wrong and 'fixed' them. Turns out, my measurements were right and the shelfs became off. Ahh well. I'm just happy that I managed to build it at all

Here's some pictures!

Last edited by Stofey; 03-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stofey For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-13-2018),C.Marie (03-13-2018),c0r3yr0s3 (03-13-2018),dakski (03-13-2018),tttaylorrr (03-13-2018),Zincubus (03-14-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stofey View Post
    I can't take a picture of my noodle right now, but I do have some pictures of him. (He's getting ready to shed so I don't wanna bother him.)

Though, my shelf isn't too amazing. It can only hold 2 snakes. It would've held for but someone who's good with power tools was teaching me to use them. They looked at my blueprints with the shelf and said my measurements were wrong and 'fixed' them. Turns out, my measurements were right and the shelfs became off. Ahh well. I'm just happy that I managed to build it at all

Here's some pictures!

awe, he's handsome.

that shelf looks awesome! i wanna learn to be handy with power tools; it's cool you built it yourself. tho i feel like it's begging for some paint and artwork! hahaha.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    awe, he's handsome.

that shelf looks awesome! i wanna learn to be handy with power tools; it's cool you built it yourself. tho i feel like it's begging for some paint and artwork! hahaha.
    It probably is but building it was so hard that once it was finally done I was like, done. No more. XD

Basically I had to build it in the garage to make sure everything was right, then take it apart and RE-BUILD it in side my room. My house was too narrow to actually move it into my room. It was the biggest pain ever. Once I was done I was done. Lol xD

Thanks

It probably is but building it was so hard that once it was finally done I was like, done. No more. XD

Basically I had to build it in the garage to make sure everything was right, then take it apart and RE-BUILD it in side my room. My house was too narrow to actually move it into my room. It was the biggest pain ever. Once I was done I was done. Lol xD
    omg! hahahaha, well that sucks. regardless, i really like it! it's simple yet practical.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    u GO GIRL!! build that snek shelf!! i think that's really awesome!

anyway technically if u move stuff around, u do have space for more tubs. if u move your supplies, u can use that second shelf. if u move your DYI hamster (?) cage u can use the top too. actually u might be able to squeeze in more shelves. remeasure the shelves and see!

#GoodJob

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Hello everyone!

I've actually had my account here for a while. Almost a year. I still definitely consider myself a noob in the world of ball pythons, though. I created my account here to ask some questions prior to getting my ball python. Now I've had him for a year. (His birthday just passed!) I love ball pythons and am thinking about getting another.

Anyways, thanks to these forums, I actually created my own snake shelf! I used to have my BP in a big tank, It was so heavy and hard to clean. Now he's in a tub. He's been much more relaxed ever since as well, which makes me very happy. I have an empty spot on that shelf. Maybe I really SHOULD get another snake. xD

Anyways, thanks everyone for being so informative. I'm still a noob but I have learned so much thanks to this site!
    Welcome, well a belated welcome anyway!

Nice shelf and, from experience, you will probably end up with another snake. It's all good though, we don't judge.

I think I speak for everyone here in saying, thank you! We are always glad to help and love to see people wanting and doing what's best for their animals.

So glad you find this site so helpful! I have been keeping reptiles for a long time and keep 5 different species currently. This site is invaluable. I still learn something new often and ask questions when needed. Don't be shy!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (03-13-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    omg! hahahaha, well that sucks. regardless, i really like it! it's simple yet practical.
    Yeah, I might add some stickers or something. Don't know about paint. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    u GO GIRL!! build that snek shelf!! i think that's really awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post

anyway technically if u move stuff around, u do have space for more tubs. if u move your supplies, u can use that second shelf. if u move your DYI hamster (?) cage u can use the top too. actually u might be able to squeeze in more shelves. remeasure the shelves and see!

#GoodJob

Thank you so much. Yeah, Initially the shelf with supplies was going to be used for two leopard geckos. (I want them so bad!) But unfortunately, I'm not ready to have them juuuust yet. I still need to learn more on how to take care of them and stuff. I also have quite a bit of supplies to buy and gotta set up their enclosures and make sure everything is perfect before I get them. (Wouldn't want to move them into a tub and find out the heat and humidity is all wrong.).

The top was initially going to be where all the supplies went, but after I decided to hold on the leopard geckos, I decided the top would be good for my hamster. Also, Yes it is a hamster. Her name is Peachie

The shelf wasn't cut to the right size in width though. I plan on moving out within the next year or two, which is why I'm holding on the leopard geckos and a second ball python. Once I move, I plan to build a new shelf that is measured right and can hold more. I also want to make slots for thermometers and stuff, which I didn't do on this shelf. I also want it cut to size width wise was well. Right now it's so large I just barely have the room for it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Welcome, well a belated welcome anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Nice shelf and, from experience, you will probably end up with another snake. It's all good though, we don't judge.

I think I speak for everyone here in saying, thank you! We are always glad to help and love to see people wanting and doing what's best for their animals.

So glad you find this site so helpful! I have been keeping reptiles for a long time and keep 5 different species currently. This site is invaluable. I still learn something new often and ask questions when needed. Don't be shy!
    Thanks. And yes, I know I will. I had my eye on one who was just a darling. Though, He got adopted before I was ready to get a second snake. :'(

But I'm sure I'll end up getting another. I really want another ball python, a leopard gecko and a bearded dragon. Not until I move out, of course. I really want to just dedicate a room to reptiles in my new place. :3 Though, I gotta be sure I can take care of them first, of course.

I have asked questions here in the past. I asked them before I got my snake. Wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I got him. I'm so glad so many people are around to help out the newbies in snake ownership! If it weren't for this site, I might've never adopted my snake. I initially was going to get him. I bought a tank and everything, but I ended up waiting an entire year cause I was worried I wouldn't be able to provide proper care. (Because I never had reptiles before). But thanks to asking questions on this site, I felt confident enough in my abilities to take care of a snake that I went and got him. <3 I think I've been taking good care of him. He's never had a bad shed with me or showed any signs of stressed. Though he did yawn at me a few times when I changed him from a tank to a tub. XD