Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,455

6 members and 3,449 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Account Disabled
    Thanks

What do have in your Tank?

Recently got my first large snake (Carpet Python), coming from a Corn Snake it was kinda easy to decorate the tank, solid drift wood to climb, few decorations in a 36" long tank nothing complicated.

Just wondering what you guys have for your ball pythons, I know a lot of owners have them in "simple" tanks which is perfectly fine but I guess for the owners like me that kinda want a bit more in their tank, what do you guys have. I'm assuming the usual large hide, large water bowl, heat mat, substrate of some sort, anything else though? Kinda hard to put anything due to their size and weight but curious to see what you guys do?

I'm thinking of going to the local store and picking up a plastic shower curtain pole and putting it a few inches below the top of the tank, as a stick for her to climb and maybe hang out on. Do you think it would work or I risk cracking the glass from inside or the pole won't be thick enough for the snake to balance properly?

Any ideas would be cool, I love the hides that are from above but can't drill into the top of my tank.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: What do have in your Tank?

I also have a fogger (that is attached to a humidity switch), CHE (instead of a heat mat), a big branch for climbing, decorative plants, some other decoration and some plants for climbing. I'll attach a picture of that enclosure below.
    In May/July I am going to move my ball python to his new enclosure. That one also has a few more climbing opportunities and terraces. It looks like a small overgrown ruin. I am really liking that look but I still have some things to do. Once it's done I'll definitely post all the pictures I made from the start of my work to the end result.

Personally I think it would be a good idea to give your ball python something to climb on. It's hard to estimate whether or not it will work without knowing anything about the snake or the enclosure. But I know a few people who have done something like this, so it can work for sure.
    Have you thought of making a hide decorated with (fake) plants? I really like how some of them look.

Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley