Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,342

2 members and 2,340 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Short vids of Sebastian's first night as a Teacher's Assistant

I'm an online teacher. I frequently show off my pets to my students to help build rapport and because, well, they're adorable. Sebastian my bp is my newest addition to the household. In addition to just making an impression, he is also a great TA, especially when it comes to units on reptiles (and other animals, but with reptiles he really shines).

The first vid is of one of my favorite students. She aced a test so I asked if she wanted to see him (I had him in his smaller cage for a reptile lesson I was doing later that night). It then turned into a family affair. because her little brother wanted to see and she wanted to show her mom. The second vid is a unit we did specifically on reptiles. My phone was being a pain, but the little boy asked a lot of questions about Sebastian like is he nice? Does he bite? So I explained that he is nice because he trusts me. He knows I take care of him and do not want to hurt him. I also explained that he doesn't like to bite and won't unless he's very, very scared and can't hide. He has never bitten me because he trusts me and I do my best not to scare him. We also talked about scales and I showed him how Bast's scales are different on various parts of his body; he uses them not only to protect himself, but to move and grip things. It was a cool class. Bast is a natural and obliged both families with good head shots and tongue bleps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgHZ2CDn...stian.the.nope

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgHZ2CDn...stian.the.nope

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devonna For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (03-10-2018),tttaylorrr (03-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Short vids of Sebastian's first night as a Teacher's Assistant

congrats!!! what a well-behaved noodle! i especially liked when he went right up to the camera and introduced himself.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Re: Short vids of Sebastian's first night as a Teacher's Assistant

Thanks! He certainly did put on a show for the kiddos. I've had him in a few more classes and he has the same reaction every time 'What dis?" and obligatory tongue flicks.