Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,062

1 members and 3,061 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283
    Registered User AnimaculeCracker's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's get this up & running again

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatter View Post
    I'm game. You should move to Providence instead though, come to Brown and we can start a band called "phd students are actually way too busy to play music." It'll be good.
    Well I'm not a PHD student yet, won't be unless I can get these damn GREs done ;_; I'm taking the general in March I think and then subjects in April if I'm ready .

Banjo is pretty hard for a fretted instrument. My roommate has one and I've played around with it. I'd love to be great. Unfortunately if I buy anymore instruments, not only will I go completely broke but also Hoarders will probably come and find me for a special of some sort.
    Last edited by AnimaculeCracker; 12-14-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Yes I play. I've been playing on and off for about 20 years now. I'd like to learn banjo as well.
    It's so great. Next time I have free time to learn I'm going to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Oh satomi will like you! Haha

EDIT: just noticed she already thanked that post
    Now, now, that's racist. Anyway, I'm actually half Mongolian half Black and Spanish so if her name is "Satomi" you probably have more ethnically in common with me than she does. My name is arbitrarily Korean though, so I guess I'm jumping to conclusions too. I also don't actually care, I'm giving you a hard time because I like to make people uncomfortable on the internet to distract myself from school work .

Lyric- You'll do fine on the GRE's, they're not that bad. Subjects need some studying for but the generals are nothing. You need to know math through basic algebra and trig, and you need to know how to speak English and read.
    Last edited by Antimatter; 12-14-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: addition
    "The world is unkind to the shoeless and frolicsome" - J. Berry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaculeCracker View Post
    Well I'm not a PHD student yet, won't be unless I can get these damn GREs done ;_; I'm taking the general in March I think and then subjects in April if I'm ready .

Banjo is pretty hard for a fretted instrument. My roommate has one and I've played around with it. I'd love to be great. Unfortunately if I buy anymore instruments, not only will I go completely broke but also Hoarders will probably come and find me for a special of some sort.

I am working on my Masters Degree right now and took the GRE about a year ago. I wish you the best of luck!!! You will do great (it took me about 3x to get the scores I wanted but graduate programs sometimes appreciate the extra effort). However, if you are going for a PhD then you probably are 10x smarter than me!
    Trying to learn the ropes...

Thanks
    Just how bad are the GREs? Ill be taking the MCATS this coming fall/next spring too.....still working on narrowing my grad school list down...is it bad every time I settle on the exact grad degree I want I start reading about 10 others that are spot on for my interests and goals too?? how the hell do you finally manage to narrow it all down ?
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python (Apollo)
    0.2 Labs- Daisy & Ruby

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OsirisRa32 View Post
    Just how bad are the GREs? Ill be taking the MCATS this coming fall/next spring too.....still working on narrowing my grad school list down...is it bad every time I settle on the exact grad degree I want I start reading about 10 others that are spot on for my interests and goals too?? how the hell do you finally manage to narrow it all down ?
    In regards to the GRE, it depends on your specialty and what graduate program you are trying to get accepted to. Since my Bachelors was Engineering and the GRE requirements for Engineering Grad School were heavily weighted towards Math, I ended up exceeding my score expectations. It was mostly high-school algebra and geometry as calculus is considered a college level mathematics class. (Please realize that they changed the test/scoring the semester after I took it)

The hardest part for me was the vocabulary as I needed flashcards to study for it. I practiced by using the GRE words, every one from anachronous to zealot, whenever I could in everyday talk/chat/forums. This was the most fun I have ever had on omegle/stranger chat.

The writing part was not too harshly graded. They average the two scores so if you write a crappy essay do not worry. A lot of people get tripped up on the test by:

1. Not understanding the format (it is different than other standardized tests and honestly this makes a HUGE difference)
    2. Not reviewing concepts before the exam.
    3. Dwelling on previous answers/questions instead of keeping your head high and focusing on the task.

My advice is to check out the various programs entrance requirements and choose somewhere that you will be happy. Look at the kind of research available and make sure that the department gets significant funding/grants. When you get to graduate school you will probably choose your advisor/mentor and they will help you decide where your strengths line up with the schools goals/research. Do something you love, realize that it will be tough at times, and remember that whatever you do has never been done before and is something to be proud of.

I don't believe this is forum relevant (GREs and Grad School) but feel free to PM me for test materials etc. I am a brand new (still learning) snake owner but figure I can help on my other experiences.
    Last edited by asmodeus; 02-19-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    Trying to learn the ropes...

Thanks
    All I know about the GREs is that even my psych professors combined couldn't do the psych GRE.

And uh, on topic. I took a boatload of my college roommates for a photo shoot and one of my friends wanted to get one of me.

Day when Blanton was traded. Boo hoo.

0.0.1 Normal (Ares), 0.2 Afrian Pygmy Hedgehog (Amelia & Aly), 0.1 Pomeranian (Adrian)

Thanks

I'm new to the forum, I figured I'd dive right in!

This is me just this past Halloween.

Here is me just 4 days ago with Hannibal Buress at a comedy club. (Well known comedian)

I'll post more if anyone cares, haha.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemmywinkzz For This Useful Post:

blackfish707 (01-30-2014)

Thanks
    Umm, where am I? What is this thread and why is it here?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Nowhere.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283