Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,160

1 members and 3,159 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: WOW....When did Animal Plastics update the website?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    They put the led lights on there too. Now which color to get? I'm torn. Red or white?
    I like the white.. Its a brite white like those Hyper Headlights on Infinity's and BMWs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

KevinK (03-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha yeah when i first saw that on their FB page, i was so sold! Would make an awesome full on jungle viv for the living room with full size parlor palms and ground plants like prayer plants and then hang some pothos in pots and let them get all viney in there with real wood perches like the ones they use for macaws and parrots. But then i came back to earth and realized i will have to make a mini jungle with an A20 4x2x3 lol.
    Not going to lie, seeing a picture of that T100 is REALLY tempting knowing Ive got a Burm that will use every inch of it in the future.....get them to install a big old basking shelf that he would use. Approaching the heating on that bad boy?.....Hmmmm I would guess heating the room is maybe the best bet along with a rhp over the basking shelf?....that's a LOT of vertical space!....I would think too much for a single rhp.

However....it says its 8x4x4....it doesnt look four feet deep to me but maybe that's a typo.
    Last edited by KevinK; 03-07-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post

And new cage models? The T100??? Holy cow!
    Finally my dream came true I can now cage my husband
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (03-08-2018),KevinK (03-07-2018),Kira (03-08-2018),MasonC2K (03-12-2018),Pengil (03-07-2018),Sauzo (03-07-2018),Sunnieskys (03-08-2018),tttaylorrr (03-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Finally my dream came true I can now cage my husband
    Shoot! It might not even be that bad! Memory foam mattress, a little tv, ....and if you fed me chicken strips off tongs I might want to stay in there for good!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Jordanpg (03-08-2018),Sunnieskys (03-08-2018),the_rotten1 (03-08-2018),tttaylorrr (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Not going to lie, seeing a picture of that T100 is REALLY tempting knowing Ive got a Burm that will use every inch of it in the future.....get them to install a big old basking shelf that he would use. Approaching the heating on that bad boy?.....Hmmmm I would guess heating the room is maybe the best bet along with a rhp over the basking shelf?....that's a LOT of vertical space!....I would think too much for a single rhp.

However....it says its 8x4x4....it doesnt look four feet deep to me but maybe that's a typo.
    A cage that size with that height. I would probably do flexwatt on the floor and then a RHP for the shelf on the same side as the flexwatt. That way he would have a warm floor and shelf but still maintain a full cool side with a shelf.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

KevinK (03-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    A cage that size with that height. I would probably do flexwatt on the floor and then a RHP for the shelf on the same side as the flexwatt. That way he would have a warm floor and shelf but still maintain a full cool side with a shelf.
    I would just be wondering what the ambient would be reading on the cool side of the enclosure with that setup in a standard 70 degree room. I would think you would gain a few degrees for sure but Id be skeptical you could hit an 80 degree ambient everywhere in the cage. Hmmmm. Probably a lot of trial and error.....but Bob at Pro Products probably has an idea I would guess where to start.
    Last edited by KevinK; 03-08-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Nice job on the configuration pages for enclosures and that it now includes LED but from a visual design opinion it ls not exactly aesthetically appealing.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

I would just be wondering what the ambient would be reading on the cool side of the enclosure with that setup in a standard 70 degree room. I would think you would gain a few degrees for sure but Id be skeptical you could hit an 80 degree ambient everywhere in the cage. Hmmmm. Probably a lot of trial and error.....but Bob at Pro Products probably has an idea I would guess where to start.
    This is probably just me thinking aloud, but with an enclosure that size I'd be thinking more along the lines of a vertical heat gradient than a horizontal one. That way the air up top is warmer and the air on bottom is cooler, which would make the snake go up and down to thermoregulate, which promotes exercise. Maybe giving a deep enough layer of substrate (say a foot, maybe) would solve the issue of the floor temps not getting as warm as you'd like, and also allow the snake room to burrow and for you to add giant, snake-hardy plants like palm plants. With that size you could also have half of the floor space be a giant water area, and do something along the lines of a paludarium, and eliminate half the substrate with that.

Of course, this is all under the assumption that I'm loaded and can afford to replace 16 cubic feet of substrate every once and a while, lol. The dreams are big.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Thanks

Yeah i doubt you would hit the target ambient. With that said, both my bottom cages in my stacks sit anywhere from 77-79F depending on the day in a 78F room with only flexwatt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    This is probably just me thinking aloud, but with an enclosure that size I'd be thinking more along the lines of a vertical heat gradient than a horizontal one. That way the air up top is warmer and the air on bottom is cooler, which would make the snake go up and down to thermoregulate, which promotes exercise. Maybe giving a deep enough layer of substrate (say a foot, maybe) would solve the issue of the floor temps not getting as warm as you'd like, and also allow the snake room to burrow and for you to add giant, snake-hardy plants like palm plants. With that size you could also have half of the floor space be a giant water area, and do something along the lines of a paludarium, and eliminate half the substrate with that.

Of course, this is all under the assumption that I'm loaded and can afford to replace 16 cubic feet of substrate every once and a while, lol. The dreams are big.
    Only problem with a vertical gradient is with such a large, heavy bodied snake, you would have to seriously secure any climbing stuff plus i am not sure how arboreal burms are when they get 13+ feet long. I know retics like to climb but they are a much more slender snake than a burm. I mean Caesar being 7-8 feet long is still skinnier than Rosey who is only about 6.5 feet.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Starscream (03-08-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast