Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,101

2 members and 3,099 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: My Corn collection (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Love the scaleless. They look amazing and I got to hold an adult breeder; they feel awesome too.

Katie (my fiancé), who I live with, said one more! That's it! I chose Behira, my BCI, and have no regrets. Figment, my Hypo Lavender Corn kicks butt, and I would have enjoyed a scaleless, but I wanted a different species and challenge, not just a different morph.

Either way, if anyone gets a scaleless, or even another corn morph on the forum, please post pictures!
    you got to hold a scaleless adult?! lucky duck!!! i've never held a scaleless animals and it literally kills me lol.

you made a fantastic choice with Behira. but you should let Katie know that scaleless corns are super awesome and you NEEEEEEEDDDDD OOOONNNEEEE SOON THE FORUM SAYS SO!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    beautiful collection! Your Miami phases are really nice and perfect examples.
    Thank you! I think Miami's are my favorite. I just love the contrast of the bright colors on the grey or white background.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Nice collection you have. Do you find handling corns easy or hard? Seems that they don't like to keep still...
    They each have their own little personalities. Some of them are always on the go, others like zelda will fall asleep in my hand, Zorg likes to find a cozy spot in blankets to hid with just his head sticking out. If you handle them enough they will get accustomed to you. Hardly any of mine are head shy now. Pew was a feisty defensive thing when I first got her but has settled down now after a bunch of handling. When they are really small they are really fast, but they tend to burn out after about 10 seconds of squirming.

This year I may pickup one or two more corns. I'm thinking a hypo pewter stripe and maybe a candycane miami. When I was working a repticon back in the fall, the guy I got Zorg from had 5 or 6 or his scaleless corns there including a snow. They are so soft and velvety. I was also walking around with Hannabil another vendor (selling balls) stopped me to ask what he was then proceeded to pull out his little palmetto from his personal stash of snakes.
    Last edited by 67temp; 03-06-2018 at 11:53 PM.

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Pretty little babies! Love cornies!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    you got to hold a scaleless adult?! lucky duck!!! i've never held a scaleless animals and it literally kills me lol.

you made a fantastic choice with Behira. but you should let Katie know that scaleless corns are super awesome and you NEEEEEEEDDDDD OOOONNNEEEE SOON THE FORUM SAYS SO!!!

Don’t encourage him....

~Katie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-07-2018)

Thanks

Don’t encourage him....

~Katie
    Okay. Gave Katie the iPad to show her ttaylorrr’s post and this is what I get. Lol.

Oh well.

Thanks for trying ttaylorr!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Don’t encourage him....

~Katie
    Okay. Gave Katie the iPad to show her ttaylorrr’s post and this is what I get. Lol.

Oh well.

Thanks for trying ttaylorr!
    i did my best!!! 🤣
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    They each have their own little personalities. Some of them are always on the go, others like zelda will fall asleep in my hand, Zorg likes to find a cozy spot in blankets to hid with just his head sticking out. If you handle them enough they will get accustomed to you. Hardly any of mine are head shy now. Pew was a feisty defensive thing when I first got her but has settled down now after a bunch of handling. When they are really small they are really fast, but they tend to burn out after about 10 seconds of squirming.

This year I may pickup one or two more corns. I'm thinking a hypo pewter stripe and maybe a candycane miami. When I was working a repticon back in the fall, the guy I got Zorg from had 5 or 6 or his scaleless corns there including a snow. They are so soft and velvety. I was also walking around with Hannabil another vendor (selling balls) stopped me to ask what he was then proceeded to pull out his little palmetto from his personal stash of snakes.
    Are the palmettos as stunning in person?

They look incredible in pictures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post

Not trying to steal the thread, well, anymore than I have already .

I agree, they are all different personality wise, but generally very docile, although more darty than a BP, for example.

If you start with a calm baby, they usually stay super chill and get used to handling quick.

Even most defensive babies end up being chill in the end. Some are more darty than others, but with handling, can calm down a lot. They are tiny as babies and know it! As they get bigger and handled more, they realize they are less likely to get eaten and calm a lot.

I also agree they tend to burn out pretty quick and after squirming for a few seconds, chill quickly. Once they realize you are probably not going to eat them, they tend to relax and get used to handling quickly.

In general, I find corns to be pretty predictable as well. I have heard stories of other colubrids, texas rat snakes, for example, seeming fine, and then nailing their handler.

Figment (my corn) is a total sweetheart and only goes crazy when he sees and smells mouse! Then all bets are off! I feed him on tongs (as I do all my snakes) as he gets very excited! You will rarely, if ever, have a feeding issue with a corn. Great eaters!

Although more active when handling than my BP and BCI, he is 100% docile and isn't even head shy. Frankly, my BP, Shayna, who is a total sweetheart as well, tends to scare herself bumping into things (like my arm). Figment just goes on to the next. Bump, move, bump, move, etc.

I recommend corn snakes with two thumbs up!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

67temp (03-07-2018),Bogertophis (06-07-2018)

Thanks

Well said dakski, and I don't mind the slight derail, after all it was still about corns.

The Palmettos never really impressed me with their pics, maybe because of the price they bring, but seeing one in person they truly are beautiful.

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-07-2018)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast