Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,889

2 members and 2,887 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Penalty for Collecting Wild Snakes: 3 Years Probation, $5,000 fine, 300 hours Com

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Also don't want some random breeder releasing snakes, you never know what they may have picked up in captivity and then introducing something foreign back into the native populace (as one reason not to do it). Also it is generally illegal to release captive specimen of various species in a lot of (most?) states.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I don't really think it's a good idea regardless.

I mean, if the DNR in Wisconsin even hears a rumor that you're doing this you WILL get a little bit of time in the county pen, regardless of your intentions. I would say you're right on releasing captive specimens as well, even if they are wild caught. I called the local office a few years ago because we have a boatload of eastern grey treefrogs that climb the siding on my house to feed on bugs under the halogen light and I wanted to capture a few to raise......she advised me that it is in fact legal to do so but to be very cautious of what a warden would do if he/she found out.....and eastern grey treefrogs aren't even threatened or declining in our state.

Endangered species? Multiple wardens would be knocking down your door on a raid. Not even kidding. Not worth it lol.

They are pretty neat little guys though....but males are kind of a no-no....their call is SUPER LOUD. I decided against it after a while.

Last edited by KevinK; 03-05-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12