Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,834

1 members and 2,833 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Ok! I did it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Food for the thoughts, patience goes a long way but maybe the impatience is due to the fact that the purchase was made first and questions ask later additionally while 50 people may have viewed that thread it does not mean that they know anything about hognose.

Now to the answers

I keep hatchlings until they reach 10/20 grams (depending on how they do really) in pencil tubs (see C-serpent rack http://cserpents.com/C_Serpents_Hot_Box/Colubrid.html) , when I only had a handful of them I would keep them in stand alone 2.7 modular latch box tub https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...-Unit/55413807 (How big or small will depends on how good of a feeder the animal is, (they can be tricky if not well started or fully converted and or if their needs are not met)

from 20 to 150 grams I keep them in V18 but 6 quarts tub will do as well, after that they are ready for their permanent enclosure 20 gallons tank or V 35 S tub or sterilite 32 quarts tub.

Over the years I have changed things around but this is how I keep them now.

Tempertures I have experimented for several years and like BP I do not keep Hognose as hot as I used to however for a first time owner I will recommend slightly higher temps 80-82 and 90-92
    Thank you Deborah for responding. I will offer the same apology to you by saying that I meant by one way of offending you or others. And yes everyone tends to be a little inpatient at times, but I have indeed researched the hognose snakes. Just thought I would join in the community and ask a question just to clarify what I researched. Sorry again my friend!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (03-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Ok! I did it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    WOW UNBELIEVABLE!!! Not to long ago I was giving praise to everyone on this site for acting like a community that always offers help with others with their reptiles..... So far I have had 50+ views on this thread and not a single person as stopped to offer any friendly advice to my question. Makes you kind of makes ya second guess what being a real community really means!
    What a strange ( second ?) post !!

It's hardly surprising that everyone kinda felt aggrieved with your comments ..

In hindsight, It may have been better to have just been more patient and spent the time researching online ...

I'm wondering if the apparent 'sluggishness' in responses was due to everyone simply being asleep or maybe due to the thread being in the Hognose specific section which may be one of the quieter sections with little or no traffic going past ??

The only thing I know about them is that they're rear-fanged and mildly venomous but you presumably know that already ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-06-2018 at 08:50 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-06-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Hey, I was admittedly one of the 50+ who stopped and didn't reply. I was just skimming the forum on a quick break at work but didn't have time to reply and figured I would be back on later to reply. Well, turned into a long day and I didn't get to it. My bad, apparently.

Anyway, Deborah answered your questions and she's my go-to.

Have a great day.
    ...and FYI, you catch more flies with honey...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-06-2018),Zincubus (03-06-2018)

Thanks

WOW UNBELIEVABLE!!! Not to long ago I was giving praise to everyone on this site for acting like a community that always offers help with others with their reptiles..... So far I have had 50+ views on this thread and not a single person as stopped to offer any friendly advice to my question. Makes you kind of makes ya second guess what being a real community really means!
    Lol chill bro, I'm in a similar position as I have a baby Burm. But this site is primarily for owners of Ball pythons so questions about Hognoses (and Burms in my case) may not get as many responses as questions on Balls.

It seems most communities for those two species are on FB these days which I don't use but you may find some info there if it isn't available here.
    0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valyrian For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-06-2018),Zincubus (03-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valaryan View Post
    Lol chill bro, I'm in a similar position as I have a baby Burm. But this site is primarily for owners of Ball pythons so questions about Hognoses (and Burms in my case) may not get as many responses as questions on Balls.

It seems most communities for those two species are on FB these days which I don't use but you may find some info there if it isn't available here.
    Ughhhhh....Facebook advice. I would advise against it. At least here you can see a small list of historical credentials from the person you're getting advice from. I've seen some pretty bad advice on FB.....like....advice that would get eaten alive if it were posted here and cause the mods to blow a fuse
    Last edited by KevinK; 03-06-2018 at 11:27 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-06-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you Deborah for responding. I will offer the same apology to you by saying that I meant by one way of offending you or others. And yes everyone tends to be a little inpatient at times, but I have indeed researched the hognose snakes. Just thought I would join in the community and ask a question just to clarify what I researched. Sorry again my friend!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Appreciate it, if you ever have questions and I do not see your post (believe it it happens considering how many post are created daily and the fact that modding comes first), you are always welcome to PM me, I answer those soon as I get online, and it is the fastest way to get my attention.
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-06-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12