Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,869

0 members and 2,869 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Some advice regarding feeding

Hi, I’m looking at getting a corn snake from a local breeder/ owner. The snake is a year old and about 2 foot long- she’s a blizzard corn. She eats 3 rat pups a week. Does His sound ok? I always thought rats were too fatty for corns, and that feeding 3 in one meal wouldn’t be good for a snake. I’m a bit of a newbie, and just want to do the best I can. Please could anyone advise on this diet, and make suggestions if necessary.

Also her temps at her home now are 24 cold side and 30 hot side. Is this a bit too warm? I’m very undecided whether to get this little girl.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Some advice regarding feeding

Just quickly ..

Personally , I'd suggest no higher than 28C / 80F for the warm side .. cool side maybe 21C/ 70F ..

My Corn snake certainly prefers to be cooler than some recommended heat levels I've seen around .

I'm presuming that your setup is as required .... Thermostat regulating the heat source , suitable thermometer not one of those useless stick on ones , correct temps on warm and cool side , two identical hides ..etc

Latest info I've seen , suggests that nutritionally mice and rats are almost identical . It's just more convenient to feed one rat than multiple mice ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-03-2018 at 05:27 AM.