Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 522

1 members and 521 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Question Shipping my Boa from Los Angeles to Niagra Falls

I am a performer and have a potential gig in Niagra Falls for which I would need to bring my adult RTB with me for the two month contract. I live in Los Angeles. Does anyone have any information regarding companies that would ship snakes from California to Canada? Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Shipping my Boa from Los Angeles to Niagra Falls

Shipyourreptiles.com is used by a LOT of breeders and private parties so I would try calling them....they'll set you up with shipping supplies, information regarding weather and when to ship, and arrange the shipment itself. Very well respected in the reptile industry.

https://shipyourreptiles.com/pages/contact-us
    Last edited by KevinK; 02-28-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts
    If you are going to export and then re-import I would talk to a company that specializes in it, as it's not as straightforward as shipping between addresses within the US. There are a few members over on FaunaClassifieds.com who advertise that they do it. I do know that it's prohibitively expensive for just one animal.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I contacted Ship Your Reptiles only but they only ship domestic. I will check out FaunaClassifieds.com. I suppose I could ship to Buffalo NY and then rent a car from Canada to go pick up. Buffalo would only be about an hour and a half from my location in Canada.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aliamo View Post
    Thanks guys. I contacted Ship Your Reptiles only but they only ship domestic. I will check out FaunaClassifieds.com. I suppose I could ship to Buffalo NY and then rent a car from Canada to go pick up. Buffalo would only be about an hour and a half from my location in Canada.
    You still have to deal with customs at the border though.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I can't offer any shipping advice, but hope it works out for you. Niagara Falls is beautiful and a great town too.
    Good luck!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aliamo View Post
    I am a performer and have a potential gig in Niagra Falls for which I would need to bring my adult RTB with me for the two month contract. I live in Los Angeles. Does anyone have any information regarding companies that would ship snakes from California to Canada? Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!
    Hi there,

Export shipping is extremely expensive...and would be doubled if you intended to ship back to the US after just a couple of months. It would be far more feasible to ship to the US side of the border and then carry it across. Doing so still requires specific permits and you'll need to contact the Canadian government for procedures and costs.

Here's a link that may be very helpful for you: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1326658911065

If you choose to do this, we'll be very glad to help you with the stateside shipment. You can use the coupon code BPnet40 to get 40% off the FedEx retail rate for that shipment.

Much Success!
    Judy
    Judy
    Director of Accounts at ShipYourReptiles

email: Judy@ShipYourReptiles.com

Customer Service Desk
    303-730-2125 (ext 1 or 2)
    info@ShipYourReptiles.com

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judy@SYR For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-01-2018),KevinK (03-01-2018),mlededee (03-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Judy@SYR View Post
    Hi there,

Export shipping is extremely expensive...and would be doubled if you intended to ship back to the US after just a couple of months. It would be far more feasible to ship to the US side of the border and then carry it across. Doing so still requires specific permits and you'll need to contact the Canadian government for procedures and costs.

Here's a link that may be very helpful for you: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1326658911065

If you choose to do this, we'll be very glad to help you with the stateside shipment. You can use the coupon code BPnet40 to get 40% off the FedEx retail rate for that shipment.

Much Success!
    Judy
    Thank you!!