Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 731

2 members and 729 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: is this somehow unfair to Yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    Put the corn snake in the T8 if Yellow gets moved out lol. ALL THE SPACE for the corn snake. Adventures of corn snake!

Also if yellow goes off food and sulks about the move for months, that will make him just not that hungry and won't make you a bad owner. It also sounds like my bp uses his T8 a lot more than yours - mine will roam sometimes, squish plants, go on top of the shelf sometimes, and looks out the door most of the time.
    i'll never forget, maybe a couple months ago while Yellow was deep into his winter fast and i had rarely seen him except for checking he was breathing: i came home after work and did my rounds, some needed cleaning, maybe 20 minutes into my rounds i see Yellow laying on one of his raised platform decoration looking right out at me. literally shocked me! i haven't seen him in months!!! i was like "OH! well hello Yellow! how are you!?" he hung out for a bit to watch me, then hid away. it was like seeing a dog walk on two legs!

to me: he knows where his hides are, and he knows where the doors are. he like his hides. he knows doors = food or person, so he generally stays away from the doors. he explores every now and then, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty darn rare, and why i even thought about moving him in the first place. like i said above: if he was as active as others, then i wouldn't even consider this an option.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i'll never forget, maybe a couple months ago while Yellow was deep into his winter fast and i had rarely seen him except for checking he was breathing: i came home after work and did my rounds, some needed cleaning, maybe 20 minutes into my rounds i see Yellow laying on one of his raised platform decoration looking right out at me. literally shocked me! i haven't seen him in months!!! i was like "OH! well hello Yellow! how are you!?" he hung out for a bit to watch me, then hid away. it was like seeing a dog walk on two legs!

to me: he knows where his hides are, and he knows where the doors are. he like his hides. he knows doors = food or person, so he generally stays away from the doors. he explores every now and then, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty darn rare, and why i even thought about moving him in the first place. like i said above: if he was as active as others, then i wouldn't even consider this an option.
    You are a wonderful owner and you'll do just right for him. He will be fine
    Just follow your gut..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-27-2018),tttaylorrr (02-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    You are a wonderful owner and you'll do just right for him. He will be fine
    Just follow your gut..
    thank you, zina.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-26-2018)

Thanks

I had mine guys in larger tanks as well before moving them into racks just recently as well. Each snake is different but like your Yellow my guys were not big explorers at all other then the occasional poking their head out to look for food lol.

For me mine have done a lot better in the rack. They never miss a meal and seem less shy and timid. My oldest boy Meeko did fine in the tank as well and has spent his whole life, even before he came to me, in a tank but he doesn’t seem to be effected by the change at all. It’s like he barely even notices the difference lol. Azura on the other hand has always been very shy, even just walking by her tank if she was looking out she would flinch away. Now when I pull open her tub she doesn’t even move and just looks up at me like “Hello!” Lol

This is just my experience of course and every snake is different but I vote to give it a try! You’ll know what’s best in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-26-2018),zina10 (02-26-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123