Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

0 members and 2,858 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Need help pricing babies

Hi everyone,
    I need a little help pricing some babies that I'm going to have here soon. I'm going to have some woma het albinos, 100% double het for albino and genetic stripe, genetic stripes, black pastels, pastels, and possibly some black pewters. I need just kind of a base line to go by for pricing. I'm the only one on my area (That I know of) that will have babies for sale, so I couldn't use someone else's prices to go by and when I look on morph market and kingsnake the prices vary greatly. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

Re: Need help pricing babies

Quote Originally Posted by marchlevi View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I need a little help pricing some babies that I'm going to have here soon. I'm going to have some woma het albinos, 100% double het for albino and genetic stripe, genetic stripes, black pastels, pastels, and possibly some black pewters. I need just kind of a base line to go by for pricing. I'm the only one on my area (That I know of) that will have babies for sale, so I couldn't use someone else's prices to go by and when I look on morph market and kingsnake the prices vary greatly. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    You have to research prices. What I have always tried to do is look at the morph market or kingsnake prices and try to get an average price range for whatever morph I am looking to sell. I then try to put mine somewhere in the middle. If I have an exceptional looking snake then I may ask more than the average. You can't really base your prices off the big breeders like NERD, BHB etc as they can command and get their prices just because they are who they are. You should also talk to other breeders on FB or other places to see what they have their prices at. It's always good to get a second or third opinion.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Also keep in mind that on Morphmarket they don't include the price for shipping. So a $100 snake can cost you $150 or more shipped. And some people are very opposed to shipping snakes because of the risk to the animal, so they may spend $200 for that same animal at a show or locally in order to get it without having to ship an animal.

I've also seen local breeders price their snakes the lowest of anyone anywhere. And when they run out of snakes to sell and run low on cash they regret selling them so cheap so fast LOL.

And some snakes, especially females, you can increase the price the longer you have them. As they gain weight they increase in value because you can breed them sooner and don't have to wait as long.

I've also seen some base morphs drastically increase in price after a breeder shows a video about what can be done with them to make some cool combos.

If you want to unload them all real fast and don't care about prices you can contact a wholesaler (or another snake breeder) and they will buy them all, usually at about 25% of retail.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Price will depends on 3 major factors

The market (local or online)

Your reputation

Quality of your animals

For the rest you will have to do like every one of us breeder do each year when we produce animals and that is doing some research, go on morph market and kingsnake and check prices for said morph or similar morph.

If you want to get involved in this industry breed and sell animals you have to do the work too, no one will do it for you.

All those are very common morphs so it will be very easy to find price reference.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-21-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Yeah, morph market is a good resource for getting an idea what kind of prices these snakes go for, but in the end it's really about what you would pay for such an animal. If I think one of my babies is exceptional and I can't find a similar snake out there for sale, I'll price it to what I think is fair. Just be reasonable and use good judgement. Don't sell for bottom dollar and don't sell for ridiculous amounts.