Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 826

2 members and 824 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Gargoyle Gecko Tank Size?

I've been looking into possibly getting a gargoyle in the future. Would an Exo Terra 45cm x x45cm x 45cm be enough for an adult gecko? I'm not going to cohab. Any other info would be appreciated :)
    Last edited by mzh3de; 02-25-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks

Re: Gargoyle Gecko Tank Size?

Gargoyle Geckos are most arboreal and don’t really make use of floor space very often so you’re going to want an enclosure that it taller then it is wide. I don’t know exact dimensions but I know lots of people that will take the standard 20 gallon long tank and stand it up on its end so it’s tall with just a little bit of floor room

Like this

You don’t have to do this obviously but a tank of similar proportions would work just fine.

I know there isn’t a lot of Gargoyle Gecko specific care sheets but their care is almost identical to that of a crested gecko sense they live in the same environment and they is a lot more info on created geckos out there so all that can be repurposed for a Gargoyle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For an adult I would recommend 35 cm x 35 cm x 60 cm, it's not about overall volume but hight.

Good thing that you do not plan to Cohan because gargoyle should not be house together they are a lot more territorial and aggressive then crested.

Also remember if you get a young individual the enclosure will need to be smaller so it can find his food easily, in other words do not put a baby in an adult cage.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Re: Gargoyle Gecko Tank Size?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    For an adult I would recommend 35 cm x 35 cm x 60 cm, it's not about overall volume but hight.

Good thing that you do not plan to Cohan because gargoyle should not be house together they are a lot more territorial and aggressive then crested.

Also remember if you get a young individual the enclosure will need to be smaller so it can find his food easily, in other words do not put a baby in an adult cage.
    Thank you, I think I found a decent one- yeah, I think there are very few reptiles that should be housed together, even when they technically can. I might look around for an adult since it'll be my first time owning one :)