Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,622

1 members and 2,621 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User Cornfed_Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

High Quality Fire Examples

I know that this question has been posed before due to the search function, however, many of the older helpful threads regarding this subject use 3rd party photo accounts that are now expired.

The subtle morphs make me nervous. I am looking for a nice Fire gene animal with the intentions of breeding in the future. The thought of picking up an animal and caring for it for 3 years to find out that it is not what I thought it was is stressful enough to make me go off of feed.

Could I get some pictures of some textbook Fire morphs to use as a benchmark in what to look for? What are some tell-tale signs to confirm the Fire gene? I have read about a particular head stamp, but I have not seen a good picture of it. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks

Re: High Quality Fire Examples

"Make me go off of feed"...lmao

Thanks

I think i answered my own question: http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/fire/

Here is what I am noticing. Alien head missing eye dots, lack of white on the sides, blushed blacks, yellow flaming, some have a dot in the center of the head, head blushing but not quite as light as pastel. Does this all sound like accurate identification guidelines?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed_Constrictors View Post
    I think i answered my own question: http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/fire/

Here is what I am noticing. Alien head missing eye dots, lack of white on the sides, blushed blacks, yellow flaming, some have a dot in the center of the head, head blushing but not quite as light as pastel. Does this all sound like accurate identification guidelines?
    there's also more pix here right on our own forum: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...hp?144634-Fire alotta the base morphs vary widely, but i think u have a good description. i would add that the alien heads are more often blocky, often have the head markings and they're creamy-gold in coloration.

also don't stress about getting a Fire Ball if u:
    1. Learn the morph and what to look for; u are on that track.
    2. Research and buy from a quality, reputable breeder

Or

3. get a Super Fire. i u want a 100% guaranteed Fire's for your projects, go w/ a Super Fire. it looks completely different from the single gene animal as it’s a Black Eye Leucistic, all almost all white snake w/ some yellow splotching and black eyes.

One of the Mods here, Eric Alan of E.B. Ball Pythons, works alot w/ Fire's and produces some really nice hot ones. i know b/c i got a Fire YB girl from him.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Cornfed_Constrictors (02-23-2018),Godzilla78 (02-23-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

I know that this question has been posed before due to the search function, however, many of the older helpful threads regarding this subject use 3rd party photo accounts that are now expired.

The subtle morphs make me nervous. I am looking for a nice Fire gene animal with the intentions of breeding in the future. The thought of picking up an animal and caring for it for 3 years to find out that it is not what I thought it was is stressful enough to make me go off of feed.

Could I get some pictures of some textbook Fire morphs to use as a benchmark in what to look for? What are some tell-tale signs to confirm the Fire gene? I have read about a particular head stamp, but I have not seen a good picture of it. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
    Super fire produces black eyed leucistic.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Cornfed_Constrictors (02-26-2018)

Thanks
    I ended up purchasing a Fire/Enchi from Mary @ Wreck Room Snakes. Should ship when the weather breaks, the wait is going to be painful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cornfed_Constrictors For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (03-02-2018)

Thanks

This is my 4-month old Fire female. I’m not sure if it’s considered a ‘textbook’ high-quality Fire Morph but I sure love her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~KFG_Reptiles~

0.1 Mojave
    0.1 Enchi Pinstripe
    1.0 Queen Bee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KFG_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Cornfed_Constrictors (03-29-2018)