Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,757

1 members and 2,756 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Registered User Cornfed_Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Wireless Ambient Temperature Monitoring

Hey all, first post but been lurking for a while. I am wanting to monitor my temperatures inside of my enclosures remotely. I am using a rack and tub system.

My snake room is in the basement so I rely on a thermostat controlled oil filled heater to boost my ambient where it needs to be. I constantly find myself checking temps inside of my enclosures to make sure it is staying toasty. I am getting tired of running to the basement and would like to have constant peace of mind that my system is working as designed. What do you guys suggest?

I have seen some remote indoor outdoor thermometers/hygrometers on Amazon but the sensors that would have to go inside the tub look a bit bulky and I am not sure that having batteries inside a tub enclosure is a good idea. What have you all had success with on the past to remotely monitor ambient inside the enclosure in a rack system?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Wireless Ambient Temperature Monitoring

I think I just solved my own problem, or at least reached a solution that gives me greater piece of mind. I mounted my thermostat probe that controls the oil filled radiator inside one of the tubs and set it to 80 degrees rather than monitoring the room temp as I had it set up previously. If it gets higher than 80 it will shut off and then kick back on if it drops below 77 degrees. I am good with that, not sure why it took me so long to think of it. Sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cornfed_Constrictors For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-22-2018),Kcl (02-23-2018)

Thanks

Found probably the best peace of mind option out there. It is kind of expensive, but a fraction of the cost compared to what loosing some animals would be like. I just wanted to share in case anyone else is trying to accomplish the same thing.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/thermom...toring-system/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed_Constrictors View Post
    Found probably the best peace of mind option out there. It is kind of expensive, but a fraction of the cost compared to what loosing some animals would be like. I just wanted to share in case anyone else is trying to accomplish the same thing.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/thermom...toring-system/
    I would be curious to hear some reviews on this. I'd love to get phone alerts if something is out of range in my enclosure.