Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

0 members and 2,843 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Leo’s new bachelor pad. Animal Plastics T10

Received my Animal Plastics T-10 cage for my son's ball python the other day. Ordered on Nov 7th, received on Feb 14th, pretty much right on target with the estimated ship date when ordered. As mentioned in my other thread, I went with glass doors, locks, LED lighting, Herpstat 2 and I had Bob from Pro Products ship them a RHP (don't recall the size, went with one size up from what Bob recommended. It's massive!).

I keep my home in the low 70's and it's been locked into whatever temperature I set the Herpstat to without issue. Humidity is a bit high as I just put in two bags of fresh Forrest Floor but I've been opening the door to rearrange so that should help it dissipate.

Extremely impressed with this Animal Plastics cage, the build quality is fantastic as were the instructions and I was blown away by the packaging and how fast it got to me once it left their doors. Had it fully assembled in less than 45 minutes and gave the silicon four days to cure and for the fumes to air out.

I've loaded it up with 6 plastic commercial hides of various sizes, silk/plastic flora and some cork bark flats and tubes (which I'll keep an eye on for bacteria..) and a water dish on both the "hot" and "cool" side. Monitoring temps and humidity with a pair of Accurites. If I were a snake kept in captivity, I'd want to live here.

While the Herpstat 2 worked great when I needed both a CHE and a heat mat in the glass tank I was previously using, I could have went with the Herpstat 1 for this one. It has the option to control the light cycle for you, I just wish it had an instant on/off button as well. So rather than use that, I've just got the LED plugged into a light switch. The light is only turned on when viewing, feeding or cleaning and it's nice and bright - but unfortunately not dimmable. Once we rearrange the room, I'll try to get the leopard gecko's tank closer so I can use the other output to control the CHE heating that.

To sum it all up, very satisfied with my purchase - Ali from Animal Plastics was an absolute pleasure to work with, keeping me updated with the latest status and Bob at Pro Products was incredibly helpful!

Leo’s currently hiding somewhere in there, he gave it his seal over approval immediately with a bowel movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DavidNDC For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

BR8080 (02-19-2018),C.Marie (02-21-2018),dakski (02-18-2018),DLena (02-18-2018),Godzilla78 (02-18-2018),GoingPostal (02-18-2018),jmcrook (02-18-2018),L.West (02-19-2018),silverdreams (02-23-2018),Sunnieskys (02-18-2018),zina10 (02-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Very nice!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

DavidNDC (02-19-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Leo’s new bachelor pad. Animal Plastics T10

woahhh so prettyyyy,
    I was looking into AP cage. Do you not use the heat tape? don't you need two for RHP and heat tape?
    Last edited by gusanr14; 02-18-2018 at 08:32 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gusanr14 For This Useful Post:

DavidNDC (02-18-2018)

Thanks
    The heat pad underneath is the heat tape. Flexwatt. The rhp is inside for the radiant heat and then you get a dual thermostat to control both.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-18-2018)

Thanks

Leo’s new bachelor pad. Animal Plastics T10

I’m not using a heat pad or flexwatt in this setup, only the RHP.

I’ve got the Herpstat probe over in the cool side and set the temperature for 80f which has been keeping the warm side right in the 94-96 range.

If you’re going to use two heat sources in your setup, I’d definitely recommend each one being on a thermostat. In that case, the Herpstat 2 would be perfect and was similar to the configuration I was using with the glass tank.

Last edited by DavidNDC; 02-18-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNDC View Post
    I’m not using a heat pad or flexwatt in this setup, only the RHP.

I’ve got the Herpstat probe over in the cool side and set the temperature for 80f which has been keeping the warm side right in the 94-96 range.

If you’re going to use two heat sources in your setup, I’d definitely recommend each one being on a thermostat. In that case, the Herpstat 2 would be perfect and was similar to the configuration I was using with the glass tank.

Awesome setup. I have the exact same setup coming from AP in 10-12 weeks w/ an RHP from Bob (88watt). Couple questions for you if you don't mind.

Glad to hear the RHP is doing the trick w/o the need for Flexwatt. Are you having to make sure the room temp is at a certain temp for the RHP to provide the temps you need? What size RHP did you go with?

*** EDIT: sorry just reread and saw you keep your house in the low 70s ***

Curious how big your BP is? Mine is on the smaller size (350ish) so I'll be trying to clutter the enclosure w/ hides, etc.. to reduce the stress of a larger living space.

Any special adhering techniques for the greenery? My BP bulldozes what I'm using now but it's to be expected because it's just laying in their on top of brown paper substrate.

Also noticed, you have two Accurite humidity and ambient temp units on each side? Is their a need for this??

Thanks!!
    Last edited by ckuhn003; 02-18-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Envious drooling... 🤤

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckuhn003 View Post
    Awesome setup. I have the exact same setup coming from AP in 10-12 weeks w/ an RHP from Bob (88watt). Couple questions for you if you don't mind.

Glad to hear the RHP is doing the trick w/o the need for Flexwatt. Are you having to make sure the room temp is at a certain temp for the RHP to provide the temps you need? What size RHP did you go with?

*** EDIT: sorry just reread and saw you keep your house in the low 70s ***

Curious how big your BP is? Mine is on the smaller size (350ish) so I'll be trying to clutter the enclosure w/ hides, etc.. to reduce the stress of a larger living space.

Any special adhering techniques for the greenery? My BP bulldozes what I'm using now but it's to be expected because it's just laying in their on top of brown paper substrate.

Also noticed, you have two Accurite humidity and ambient temp units on each side? Is their a need for this??

Thanks!!
    Ckuhn003, take a look at this thread running now as well.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...870-AP-t8-cage

My advice, as stated in this thread, is go overkill on heating elements/heating locations and then run them little or not at all if not needed.

Heating elements are relatively inexpensive relative to the tank and the thermostats! Also get the best thermostat you can!

Worth the investment if your room temp is average or worse, or if you may move somewhere where that is the case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Ckuhn003, take a look at this thread running now as well.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...870-AP-t8-cage

My advice, as stated in this thread, is go overkill on heating elements/heating locations and then run them little or not at all if not needed.

Heating elements are relatively inexpensive relative to the tank and the thermostats! Also get the best thermostat you can!

Worth the investment if your room temp is average or worse, or if you may move somewhere where that is the case.
    Haha....just left a comment on it so please don't get offended when you read it I was going to go w/ the additional flexwatt but was talked out of it by people w/ way more experience then myself. I'm running a HerpStat2

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-19-2018)

Thanks

The heat tape is just for belly heat digestion. I still recommend it. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-19-2018)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast