Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 617

1 members and 616 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Caturday!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Re: Caturday!

my Bobo faces!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

c0r3yr0s3 (02-24-2018),Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),the_rotten1 (02-28-2018)

Thanks

Lily my rescue. She likes to run the streets for a couple days at a time. She came home for food and apparently a nap

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to c0r3yr0s3 For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),the_rotten1 (02-28-2018)

Thanks

I used to have a Russian Blue named Velcrow, but she passed away last month Shr was 22 years old!! This is my friends lovely kittys, Pearl and Lola

Lola= Brown and Black
    Pearl= Black and White

P.S Sorry pics are sideways!
    P.P.S Its close enough to Saturday...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    ¹.⁰ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉˡ ᵇᵃˡˡ ᵖʸᵗʰᵒⁿ ⁻ ᵍᵉⁿᵒ
    ⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

¹.⁰ ᵖⁱⁿˢᵗʳⁱᵖᵉ ʰᵃʳˡᵉqᵘⁱⁿ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵖᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ
    ¹.⁰ ᶠˡᵃᵐᵉ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵇᵉᵃ

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GpBp For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),the_rotten1 (02-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Here are my little ones, Milo left (brown tabby) and Kupo right (black kitty)

1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),the_rotten1 (02-28-2018),tttaylorrr (02-28-2018),zina10 (02-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Here are my little ones, Milo left (brown tabby) and Kupo right (black kitty)

that face; this needs to be in a caption contest!!! sooo cute!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (02-28-2018),zina10 (02-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Let me say first of all...I'm not really a cat person. When I say this to my Vet, he finds that very funny, since I keep bringing rescue kittens near death to him
    He always says, see you next time!

So far over the past 4 years or so I've rescued 9 kittens, all in dire straits. One of them, the one that was the worst of (more dead then alive, really, and a hard fight to get him to live) ended up staying with us. Jack, a tuxedo cat.

Our latest rescue, late last year, was a red little male kitten that was found at night, in the middle of the road, completely blind with infection, flea ridden, skinny and about 4 1/2 weeks old. Thankfully the people noticed him and stopped and scooped him up. They were overwhelmed and posted on a facebook group that they needed someone to come and take this kitten or they would "put it out of its misery". They weren't unkind people...the kitten really just looked to be suffering and so tiny, too.

Well, my daughter and I went and got him. He looked like he was dead already, very weak, there was no time to waste to hurried directly to Walmart for some needed supplies. I had my daughter carry him like a baby, hidden in a towel We got some funny looks that night. But hey, its Walmart.

At home we first gave some pedialyte for hydration and energy boost. Then on to a bath, to kill the fleas that were killing him. And to get some weird sticky substance off of him. The eyes were completely shut with terrible infection. Huge scabs of green puss and smelling of death. Next order was a meal of milk replacer. Then on to the eyes...oy. An hour of careful dabbing with warm compresses we got some of the scabs loosed up, but both eyes were infected red messes with green pus. The smell...

Next morning we were at the vet. Poor little Frodo looked dead when we laid him on the table and the Vet looked all upset, he thought we were to late.. But I told him Frodo was just sleeping hard, and being weak, but that he sometimes would get a little energy and purr So he got a shot, a ton of meds and back home we went. We diligently treated both eyes, although one was "busted". The Vet didn't want to remove it till the kitten was older and stronger. The "bad" eye had a "bubble" on it where tissue came out, and bloodveins and tissue built up towards that bubble, the bodies way of bringing disease fighting cells to that eye/ bubble. He didn't seem to be bothered by it much.

Let me tell you. We fell in love with him HARD. Very hard. Just something about Frodo. It didn't matter that he was a mess, smelt bad and looked less then pretty. We got him eating well, growing well. He played with our 2 Chihuahuas, with Jack our cat, with my German Shepherd. All my animals LOVE LOVE any rescue I bring home, they are great "uncles". All of them, even my cat. I'm so proud of them. (but the one Chi would always want the little live mouse hoppers for the hatchlings...he didn't understand, he wanted to baby them...)

We made a facebook page for Frodo and made sure that only THE BEST home would do. I came close to just keeping him, but we were going through a bunch of stressful things last year (health issues with my daughter) and it was not a good time to add another permanent member to the family.

We found a wonderful lady that absolutely adores her cats and will do anything for them. She took Frodo. We met at the Vet so that I could get Frodos shots done first and buy more eye medicine and have him tested for Feline Leukemia and such. I cried. She almost didn't take Frodo because she saw how attached I was. She has had him for 6 month or so now. Frodo's eye actually continues to look better and better. Her Vet said its because we kept treating it. The bubble disappeared and the vessels that supplied the healing are ever more shrinking down. She might have them removed by laser if they don't completely disappear. But he has vision in that eye Something we didn't really expect at first, the Vet was surprised as well.

I know I'm rattling on here, but Frodo just crawled right into our hearts and it has been the hardest then it has ever been...to let one go to a good home.

So here is Frodo, our latest rescue.

Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (03-03-2018),hilabeans (03-03-2018),MissterDog (02-28-2018),the_rotten1 (02-28-2018),tttaylorrr (02-28-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Let me say first of all...I'm not really a cat person. When I say this to my Vet, he finds that very funny, since I keep bringing rescue kittens near death to him
    He always says, see you next time!

So far over the past 4 years or so I've rescued 9 kittens, all in dire straits. One of them, the one that was the worst of (more dead then alive, really, and a hard fight to get him to live) ended up staying with us. Jack, a tuxedo cat.

Our latest rescue, late last year, was a red little male kitten that was found at night, in the middle of the road, completely blind with infection, flea ridden, skinny and about 4 1/2 weeks old. Thankfully the people noticed him and stopped and scooped him up. They were overwhelmed and posted on a facebook group that they needed someone to come and take this kitten or they would "put it out of its misery". They weren't unkind people...the kitten really just looked to be suffering and so tiny, too.

Well, my daughter and I went and got him. He looked like he was dead already, very weak, there was no time to waste to hurried directly to Walmart for some needed supplies. I had my daughter carry him like a baby, hidden in a towel We got some funny looks that night. But hey, its Walmart.

At home we first gave some pedialyte for hydration and energy boost. Then on to a bath, to kill the fleas that were killing him. And to get some weird sticky substance off of him. The eyes were completely shut with terrible infection. Huge scabs of green puss and smelling of death. Next order was a meal of milk replacer. Then on to the eyes...oy. An hour of careful dabbing with warm compresses we got some of the scabs loosed up, but both eyes were infected red messes with green pus. The smell...

Next morning we were at the vet. Poor little Frodo looked dead when we laid him on the table and the Vet looked all upset, he thought we were to late.. But I told him Frodo was just sleeping hard, and being weak, but that he sometimes would get a little energy and purr So he got a shot, a ton of meds and back home we went. We diligently treated both eyes, although one was "busted". The Vet didn't want to remove it till the kitten was older and stronger. The "bad" eye had a "bubble" on it where tissue came out, and bloodveins and tissue built up towards that bubble, the bodies way of bringing disease fighting cells to that eye/ bubble. He didn't seem to be bothered by it much.

Let me tell you. We fell in love with him HARD. Very hard. Just something about Frodo. It didn't matter that he was a mess, smelt bad and looked less then pretty. We got him eating well, growing well. He played with our 2 Chihuahuas, with Jack our cat, with my German Shepherd. All my animals LOVE LOVE any rescue I bring home, they are great "uncles". All of them, even my cat. I'm so proud of them. (but the one Chi would always want the little live mouse hoppers for the hatchlings...he didn't understand, he wanted to baby them...)

We made a facebook page for Frodo and made sure that only THE BEST home would do. I came close to just keeping him, but we were going through a bunch of stressful things last year (health issues with my daughter) and it was not a good time to add another permanent member to the family.

We found a wonderful lady that absolutely adores her cats and will do anything for them. She took Frodo. We met at the Vet so that I could get Frodos shots done first and buy more eye medicine and have him tested for Feline Leukemia and such. I cried. She almost didn't take Frodo because she saw how attached I was. She has had him for 6 month or so now. Frodo's eye actually continues to look better and better. Her Vet said its because we kept treating it. The bubble disappeared and the vessels that supplied the healing are ever more shrinking down. She might have them removed by laser if they don't completely disappear. But he has vision in that eye Something we didn't really expect at first, the Vet was surprised as well.

I know I'm rattling on here, but Frodo just crawled right into our hearts and it has been the hardest then it has ever been...to let one go to a good home.

So here is Frodo, our latest rescue.

Absolutely heartwarming story Zina. That's amazing that you took Frodo in, healed him up, and gave him to a great home! He's still recovering I'm sure, but if it wasnt for you he wouldnt be around anymore! Kudos to you for saving this little ones life Prayers he keeps recovering and ends up living a long, happy, comfortable, loving life!

¹.⁰ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉˡ ᵇᵃˡˡ ᵖʸᵗʰᵒⁿ ⁻ ᵍᵉⁿᵒ
    ⁰.¹ ᶜᵒⁿᵈᵃ ʰᵒᵍⁿᵒˢᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵒᵛᵃ

¹.⁰ ᵖⁱⁿˢᵗʳⁱᵖᵉ ʰᵃʳˡᵉqᵘⁱⁿ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵖᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ
    ¹.⁰ ᶠˡᵃᵐᵉ ᶜʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶜᵏᵒ ⁻ ᵇᵉᵃ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GpBp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GpBp View Post
    Absolutely heartwarming story Zina. That's amazing that you took Frodo in, healed him up, and gave him to a great home! He's still recovering I'm sure, but if it wasnt for you he wouldnt be around anymore! Kudos to you for saving this little ones life Prayers he keeps recovering and ends up living a long, happy, comfortable, loving life!

Oh, he is absolutely happy and healthy He was recovered by the time he found a new home. The eye was healing. We just didn't know how far that extra tissue would recede. At this point it is so faint that the new owner will probably just leave it alone, but it could be lasere'd off if that is what they want to do. He actually just recently got neutered, too, so now he is a big boy I keep getting updates on him too, and it warms my heart.

Each and every one I rescued, I paid for all the costs, and they stayed until they were ready. To this day I know where each and every one is. One we kept, Frodo is with a dear lady locally, Lola (the first) is with another great lady locally (she adores her to this day). Monty is with a friend. Of the 5 I rescued from drowning 3 are with friends and 2 are with a lady in the same city as I am.

Here are some pictures of the "5" as I called them. They were drowning in a flowerbed that was rapidly filling with water during a crazy strom with tornado sirens wailing and a torrential down pour. They were only days old. All took to the bottle and grew well.

Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (02-28-2018)

Thanks

This is my cat Shirley.
    My brother found her in the garbage when she was just 5 weeks old. She was crying out for her mother.
    He brought her to me and I brought her up. I fed her with a bottle, taught her how to climb trees and slept outside when she started to explore at night. I have no idea how often I've climbed trees to help her get down when she got stuck
    At that time I always had bloody knees and hands. She never chose trees that were easy to climb (at least for me).
    We tried to find her owner but no one ever contacted us about her so in the end we kept her.
    Sadly she's very afraid of other cats (and also most other things if I'm not with her) and is more human than cat but she's a sweetheart. She doesn't like to be alone and collects pretty stones (she has her own stone pile in the garden). She will sit down on a chair right beside you when you sit at the table. When she sleeps in my bed she likes to lay with her head on my pillow and her body under the blanket. If you throw a small ball, she will bring it back to you so that you can throw it again. She also knows when I come home and waits at the doorstep while purring
    I think she's absolutely adorable. She should be around 3 years now.

Last edited by Caali; 02-28-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),zina10 (02-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

happy caturday
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-01-2018),GoingPostal (12-04-2018),MissterDog (03-03-2018),zina10 (03-03-2018)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast