Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,885

3 members and 2,882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retic cages...

Thanks

Re: Retic cages...

This is how I'm looking at it I got 3 females that are in 41 quart tubs right now that will most likely outgrow these tubs within the next 3 to 6 months I've already got one 6 foot by 2 foot cage built I need to build two more.. so I'm looking at about seven hundred bucks if I get even six years out of these cages I would be happy at that time I can put a little money aside and I can get the animal Plastics or the vision cages for their forever homes.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks
    New here, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I just recently purchased 2 AP T65's. I haven't gotten them yet, but after much research they seemed to be the "standard" per say. I will say for shipping, one was going to cost me $182 to Oklahoma, well I decided to order another and it only went up to $242. My thinking was I want to buy one cage and never have to buy another again. I am putting a Female Hypo Burm and a Female Sunfire Super Tiger Retic into these. They are both not ready for a large cage of this size, but as I stated I do not want to have to buy more cages in a year or 2. BUY ONCE CRY ONCE!!!

P.S. The customer service from Ali is honestly the best I have ever experienced with any company I have ever dealt with. So, that is a huge plus for me!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smvmarine For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (02-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts
    I scour Craiglist and local-based exotic animal Facebook forums for deals on used enclosures so I'm currently sitting on four racks, two 8' PVC enclosures, and two T8's that are empty. If you have cash and a pickup you can score.
    Last edited by bcr229; 02-18-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
    Ya I'm not paying $620 for one cage hell the shipping cost is almost as much as the cage an your paying for it flat stacked you still have too build the damn thing... My biggest problem is I have 3 females two mainlands that will all be going into a cage around the same time couldn't imagine the cost of shipping for three cages. Funny thing is when I spoke to an associate at AP about a quote for shipping she asked where I lived and she said before she even calculated it that was going to be high.....

Where I live their is guy that builds them using wood of your choice.. I'll give the local guy the business I've seen his work it's amazing to say the least....
    I may go 8ft .....

The $315 was shipping for all 3 cages AND the stand. So each cage boiled down to just under $100 each for shipping. There is no way you will get around the shipping on big cages as FedEx and UPS have limits on what they can carry so anything big will have to come by way of freight. Only way to avoid it is to either build your own or find someone to do it locally for you and then find the mats or have said person buy the mats which there will be an upcharge on it obviously.

And you talked to Ali. When i was talking to her, she told me anything going west of the mountains would be expensive.

I would avoid wood at all costs. Something strong enough plus that size, is going to take a small army to move and if you try and stack it, its going to weigh a ton...literally lol. Plus honestly, i would be worried about wood cages considering the humidity you need plus how much retics piss. Up to you but as you are learning now, owning large constrictors and especially retics is not a cheap hobby. Like i've said before, with 9 AP cages, stands and 2 Herpstat 6, i got close to if not more than $5000 in it...and that's not even factoring in the price of my snakes.

I personally believe in doing it only once even if it costs more initially. Better to pay more upfront and not ever have to mess with it again than to have to bubblegum and tape stuff together every month or 2 forever.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
    This is how I'm looking at it I got 3 females that are in 41 quart tubs right now that will most likely outgrow these tubs within the next 3 to 6 months I've already got one 6 foot by 2 foot cage built I need to build two more.. so I'm looking at about seven hundred bucks if I get even six years out of these cages I would be happy at that time I can put a little money aside and I can get the animal Plastics or the vision cages for their forever homes.....

I would skip Vision cages. Why you say. Talk to people who own 6+ foot Visions and they can tell you lol. I too was torn between them and AP cages when i was looking to switch over from my Constrictor NW cages and after talking to a lot of people, the general consensus was Vision cages are not worth the cash and provide too many problems.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123