Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,765

4 members and 3,761 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Sorry again for scaring people, I didn't mean it to sound that way...

Last night I talked to the people that are coming over to get him, and then I pulled him out to say "good bye" and made the picture.

Decided to share the moment..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    When I read the title I was sad for you and thought that he had died. Needless to say I am relieved, but feel your pain of sending him to a new home. That is a reason I don’t breed. I know that I wouldn’t and probably couldn’t let them go. Or I would be so strict on who could buy and who couldn’t that I’d be stuck with with lots of snakes.

Nice looking fella, good job.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

L.West (02-20-2018),zina10 (02-17-2018)

Thanks

Re: Good bye , little one..

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    When I read the title I was sad for you and thought that he had died. Needless to say I am relieved, but feel your pain of sending him to a new home. That is a reason I don’t breed. I know that I wouldn’t and probably couldn’t let them go. Or I would be so strict on who could buy and who couldn’t that I’d be stuck with with lots of snakes.

Nice looking fella, good job.

You know, you do have excellent points. That is why it took my 7 years to decide to breed my animals.

I have to say, if done right, the good outweighs the bad. I'm not saying its not without some frustration, aggravation and sadness. I have been lucky not to "loose" any hatchlings or have any with deformities, but the possibility is there. Feeding and caring for hatchlings is also not as easy as some think. Some hatchlings are stubborn about eating, and you have to try different things at different times and have a ton of patience !! (and of course the right husbandry)

But what I struggle with most, is where they end up. Once they are out of your hands, you have no more say. And even "if" you try to question new owners and offer advice and try to be picky, ultimately, you just never know..and what is the most heartbreaking is when you find out and animal you placed wasn't taken care of the way you would have wanted.

But then there is the "good". First of all the excitement !! There is nothing like seeing a little head pop out of that egg after ALL THAT TIME working towards that. I camped out in front of the incubator just watching the little ones with a red light (which didn't bother nor scare them).

Watching them grow is also so very cool. They really do have different personalities, LOL !! And yes, you get attached. And yes, there are some you get attached to more then others.

Then there is the pride when you end up with well adjusted, HEALTHY babies that bring a lot of joy to their new owners.

There will always be the good and the bad. I don't think I could do this on a large scale or for profit. Not because there is anything wrong with it, we all wouldn't have the animals we love if it weren't for the breeders that did make this possible. And there is nothing wrong with making a profit or at least recouping the investment as long as the animals are well cared for.

For me personally its just that the entire selling process is the least fun of it and I want to keep that portion of it small, LOL !!

The new owners are on their way, now, so little Orion will begin a new journey, and I hope it will always be a good one.
    Last edited by zina10; 02-17-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-17-2018),L.West (02-20-2018),Reinz (02-17-2018),richardhind1972 (02-17-2018),tttaylorrr (02-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

It's so hard when you have to send them out into the big scary world to try and make their own way. You hope you raised them right and gave them the tools they need to survive. Just put a little back pack together for him, give him a few bucks, and push him out the door. So long little buckaroo!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

L.West (02-20-2018),Reinz (02-17-2018),silverbill (02-17-2018),zina10 (02-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    You know, you do have excellent points. That is why it took my 7 years to decide to breed my animals.

I have to say, if done right, the good outweighs the bad. I'm not saying its not without some frustration, aggravation and sadness. I have been lucky not to "loose" any hatchlings or have any with deformities, but the possibility is there. Feeding and caring for hatchlings is also not as easy as some think. Some hatchlings are stubborn about eating, and you have to try different things at different times and have a ton of patience !! (and of course the right husbandry)

But what I struggle with most, is where they end up. Once they are out of your hands, you have no more say. And even "if" you try to question new owners and offer advice and try to be picky, ultimately, you just never know..and what is the most heartbreaking is when you find out and animal you placed wasn't taken care of the way you would have wanted.

But then there is the "good". First of all the excitement !! There is nothing like seeing a little head pop out of that egg after ALL THAT TIME working towards that. I camped out in front of the incubator just watching the little ones with a red light (which didn't bother nor scare them).

Watching them grow is also so very cool. They really do have different personalities, LOL !! And yes, you get attached. And yes, there are some you get attached to more then others.

Then there is the pride when you end up with well adjusted, HEALTHY babies that bring a lot of joy to their new owners.

There will always be the good and the bad. I don't think I could do this on a large scale or for profit. Not because there is anything wrong with it, we all wouldn't have the animals we love if it weren't for the breeders that did make this possible. And there is nothing wrong with making a profit or at least recouping the investment as long as the animals are well cared for.

For me personally its just that the entire selling process is the least fun of it and I want to keep that portion of it small, LOL !!

The new owners are on their way, now, so little Orion will begin a new journey, and I hope it will always be a good one.
    i seriously admire and strive to have your philosophies when it comes to breeding and raising beeps. you're an excellent example of it being "done right". (#fluff&butterflies)

it's sad to see such a handsome boy go, but knowing you i'm sure he will have a wonderful life!!! (sn: i did not assume he died)
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i seriously admire and strive to have your philosophies when it comes to breeding and raising beeps. you're an excellent example of it being "done right". (#fluff&butterflies)

it's sad to see such a handsome boy go, but knowing you i'm sure he will have a wonderful life!!! (sn: i did not assume he died)
    Thank you for the fluff and butterflies, LOL.
    Zina

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post

Great points for the pro side for sure!
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    It's so hard when you have to send them out into the big scary world to try and make their own way. You hope you raised them right and gave them the tools they need to survive. Just put a little back pack together for him, give him a few bucks, and push him out the door. So long little buckaroo!
    I love your wit Rlditmars!

Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (02-17-2018),zina10 (02-17-2018)

Thanks

Omygosh, that is to funny !!!

But that is how it felt, for sure
    Zina

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (02-18-2018),rlditmars (02-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

happy goodbye!

Quote Originally Posted by FracksSake View Post
    You scared me
    lol me too, but then i realized it's not a Rainbow Bridge thread.

babies. first they learn to crawl, then walk, then... i meant just crawl and slither.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-20-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast