Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,864

3 members and 2,861 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: New addition Opal

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Wow! 20 animals!

I wouldn't sweat the humidity too much. A little lower would be better, but not quite like a BP where they could get RI easily, etc. More adaptable in that way.

Yeah, I've seen you post before, I know he is in good hands! I just thought I would put everything in here so other LG people could use as a reference too. Plus, applying BP knowledge to LG's doesn't necessarily work too well. LOL. Didn't mean to insult you in any way. Don't doubt your knowledge and desire to do what's right for your animal(s).

Again, here if you need anything or have questions!

Enjoy your little guy, they can be really cool and rewarding animals.
    Oh nah, there was no need to apologize man no offense was taken yea, im still new to lizards lol my dragons are loaded with attitude I love seeing all their different personalities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: New addition Opal

Beardies and BTS (had a beardie for 11 years and now have Frank the BTS) can have real attitudes and are pretty expressive.

Leopard Geckos are more limited, I think, but it might be that they are so small it's hard to tell - LOL!

Cleo has been outgoing and loves to be held from day one. If open the enclosure, half the time she comes to see what's up.

Kayla and Carra never do that. They tolerate being picked up and me cleaning the tank etc, but don't relish it the way Cleo does. I know, they don't necessarily like it, it's an advanced emotion, but she sure seems to.

Having said that, I love Kayla and Carra too. Carra was really shy at first and I got close to her working with her to become able to be handled better. Also, I have to help her with sheds, etc. Kayla is shy, but has a killer appetite. They are all different.

I just think Cleo is Kool and The Gang! So brave and curious.

Raw attitude - George my beardie and Frank the BTS take the cake though. A big skink telling you he doesn't want to be held that way, wants more support, wants to be left alone, etc. is a little more dramatic.

Anyway, glad I didn't offend you!

Enjoy your beautiful new addition!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12