Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,746

1 members and 2,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerned owner

Thanks

Re: Concerned owner

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Threads updated.. Its a infection and he's is on Antibiotics. Its a couple replies above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just hope the vet knows what he/she is talking about....saying a snake has an infection seems to be a catch-all sometimes. I guess we'll see. I would still monitor humidity though.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I just hope the vet knows what he/she is talking about....saying a snake has an infection seems to be a catch-all sometimes. I guess we'll see. I would still monitor humidity though.
    I thought the same.. Also OP might not of understood any of the terminology..who knows... Hhhaha

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    It looks like he's going into shed, and the ReptiChip may have stained his belly (where the brownish spots are), I hear ReptiChip (or Grow!t, or both) stain easily in damp conditions. Doesn't look like an infection to me, though. As far as the dark black spots, it's possible it's just substrate, I see that occasionally in my snakes on EcoEarth, but it usually gets cleaned out on its own. Considering they went away on their own, I'm willing to bet that's what happened here.
    He shed the night before I took him to the vet and the shed was not normal, much thicker and rougher than normal. He also started making a whistley type noise when I checked him over after his shed.

I thought the same.. Also OP might not of understood any of the terminology..who knows... Hhhaha
    I can quite well understand medical terminology also I had a sibling who is just waiting for the final exam results for her final year in becoming a doctor with me so I can dismiss this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I was referred to the exotic vet by my tortoise vet since they didn’t know how to treat royals.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Vipera Berus;2596039

I can quite well understand medical terminology also I had a sibling who is just waiting for the final exam results for her final year in becoming a doctor with me so I can dismiss this problem.

L.[/QUOTE]

The Whistling is Respiratory infection and the skin is probably scale Rot where the markings where. The vet should of given you those common terms.

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The Whistling is Respiratory infection and the skin is probably scale Rot where the markings where. The vet should of given you those common terms.
    The scale issue cleared up with the shed and the whistling was a single solitary incident straight after the shed.

The vet said that a respitatory infection would have come later and it was merely an infection at the moment. I caught the problem soon enough that it had not progressed to a RI. I am well aware of both terms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vipera Berus View Post
    The scale issue cleared up with the shed and the whistling was a single solitary incident straight after the shed.

The vet said that a respitatory infection would have come later and it was merely an infection at the moment. I caught the problem soon enough that it had not progressed to a RI. I am well aware of both terms.
    OK well Vets don't tell you it's an infection without telling you where the infection is so I don't know what's going on...you said it was a bad shed in the previous comment so we dont know what marks cleared up and what hasn't. You then mentioned a whistle. Your updates haven't told us anything after telling ua the symptoms so where guessing to figure out what happened.. But Im done now hahahha

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

OK well Vets don't tell you it's an infection without telling you where the infection is so I don't know what's going on...you said it was a bad shed in the previous comment so we dont know what marks cleared up and what hasn't. You then mentioned a whistle. Your updates haven't told us anything after telling ua the symptoms so where guessing to figure out what happened.. But Im done now hahahha
    All the reddish marks cleared up and no signs of issue after the shed. The infection is a general one and thus cannot be limited to a single area such as the head and a cold in humans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12