Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,979

0 members and 2,979 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Kiezebrink UK Ltd. (F/T supplier UK)

Hi all,
    I meant to do this before when I ordered, but I forgot whoops. I know there are a few members on here that are from the UK, and I just wanted to share my experiance with Kiezebrink UK Ltd., a company which sell both dry and frozen pet foods. I've only ordered rats from them, but they do sell a whole variety of feeders including rabbits, mice, multis/asfs etc.

I personally think their prices are quite resonable, at least compared to what I have paid in local stores. I once paid £6 for THREE tiny rat pups! In comparison, a bag of 25 pups on Kiezebrink is £15.60, which is about 63p per pup compared to the £2 per pup I've paid before. As the size of rat gets bigger, you don't nee to buy so many; smalls and mediums can be bought individually or in packs of five, and weaners can be bought in packs of five.

I bought enough to feed my babies for 4 months. Wanda, Peaches, and Cinnamon are each offered a small rat every two weeks, and Mars Bar is offered a large weaner every 2 weeks since he is a picky eater lol, but I bought extra smalls to switch him up. Orion eats a small weaner every week. So, I bought 6 packs of 5 smalls, one pack of 5 large weaners, and 2 packs of five smalls. This came to a total of £52.40, £39.00 for the smalls, £5.20 for the large weaners and £8.20 for the smalls. On top of this was a £9.95 postage cost, and a £1.99 VAT charge, but you will be paying about the same any where you order frozen as it does require certain packing and overnight.

I did actually place my order on Thursday evening, but obviously becuase they ship over night if you place an order after 11:30 on Thursday they don't ship until Monday. Both times I've ordered, the parcel has been packed and shipped on the date promised, and arrived at my house around midday the next day, no problems.

Now, as for packaging. The box is sturdy, has the logo on the side and stickers to let the carrier (Fedex in my case) know that it's frozen and fragile. When you open the box, you are greeted with silver thermo bubble wrap, and under that are cooler packs.

And here are the rats... So many! What a lucky girl I am Did you notice that those packs of small weaners are not packs of five, but packs of 25? We emailed Kiezebrink and they had a mix up with one of their employees, but they were happy to let us keep the FOURTY extra rats. I didn't think they would fit in my freezer, but at the end of the day, I ain't complaining!

On to the quality of the rats: This doesn't bother me too much as it all comes off when I warm the rats in water, but some have urine on their fur, and some have obviously defecated as they have been culled and it hasn't been cleaned. I guess with the cheaper price they leave the washing up for you. I have not found a rat yet that I have felt too covered after washing to feed. As for size, the small weaners are HUGE compared to the ones I was buying for Ori from the local, I should have paid more attention to where they say they are 30g-60g whoops. I went through one bag and weighed all of them to separate out smaller ones that he might be able to take, but most of them are 45-50g. So you're getting about the mid-range of 20-60g.

So too long, didn't read: Kiezebrink are cheaper than locals, but the quality is not as good. Most of the rats are at the mid-range of their advertised sizes. Their posting, packing and customer service are good. Snakes like the rats. They eat. Happy snakes = happy owner!

And here are some bonus pics of me realizing that I had to find home in the freezer for 50 rats:

I did it though!

1.1 Humans (Dom & Cait)
    0.1 Normal Ball (Wanda 'Booper') 0.1 Pastel Ball (Peaches)
    1.0 Spider Ball (Cinnamon) 1.0 Caramel Ball (Mars Bar) 1.0 Butter Sucker (Orion)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Hecate)
    0.3 Cats (Loki, Meg and Maisy)
    0.0.2 Goldfish (Sushi and Spot)
    0.2 Chickens (Lottie and Tiffany)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Booper For This Useful Post:

Prognathodon (02-13-2018)