Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,889

2 members and 2,887 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Sheila - The Sweet Little Woma Girl

Here is an updated photo of my sweet little Woma girl - Sheila. I will also include an earlier photo of her that I had posted for size comparison. These guys grow sooo fast!

Sheila On 8/12/17:

Sheila On 2/09/18:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (02-11-2018),c0r3yr0s3 (02-09-2018),John1982 (02-10-2018),Prognathodon (02-10-2018),zina10 (02-10-2018)

Thanks

Re: Sheila - The Sweet Little Woma Girl

Hubby says "looks like the best handshake you could ever hope to receive".

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lirenn For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (02-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Oh man, what a BEAUTY !!!

Love how her color is developing and the little black dot on the mouth is just to cute
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (02-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks you guys (girls)... It's no wonder so many people love Womas. They are the sweetest little snakes ever. There is just something about these guys that melts my heart and makes me smile. Both of mine will crawl right up out of their tubs and on to my eagerly awaiting hands most of the time when I pull their tubs out. Sometimes when they are pacing around the front of their tubs I will quickly move my finger around all over the front of their tubs and they will follow my finger around all over the place no matter how fast I move it around. They are extremely interactive and attentive little creatures!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I have always heard they have an insane feeding response and often like to "taste" the handler? So yours has no desire to see if you are edible? Or is that a myth about Womas??

She is so very cute !!
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I had a male Woma that I sold to a guy in southern Colorado to breed with his female. He says the female looks like she is ready to lay eggs! I told him I'd buy back all of the babies, I'm planning on keeping a few back to breed and will sell some at the Denver Repicon show in the fall of 2018. The male Woma that I had was super aggressive when I bought him and tamed down quite a bit to where I could almost trust him not to bite me LOL. But the problem I had was getting him to eat which apparently is very non-typical of Womas. It seems that you don't see them very often, if I'm lucky I'll even see one or two at shows. They sure are cute as babies! I think it's very important to handle them and build trust when they are still small.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 02-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Very beautiful snake. Reminds me of this guy on Youtube, forgot his name... Shaw something

Thanks

Re: Sheila - The Sweet Little Woma Girl

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I have always heard they have an insane feeding response and often like to "taste" the handler? So yours has no desire to see if you are edible? Or is that a myth about Womas??

She is so very cute !!
    Yes, they are famous for their insane feeding response and biting and wrapping their handlers. Neither of mine have ever done it yet. I'm not sure if that is just a phase they will go through at some point or if they are more likely to do that when they're older or what. I have hook trained mine since day one and I always use hand sanitizer before picking them up, so they don't smell any other snakes or human food on me. I have always handled both of mine every day/every other day as well. I think it's a strong possibility that those three factors might be the key for preventing bite and wraps with these guys. Also, if they ever started bobbing their heads up and down and/or shaking their tails it would be time to put them away... lol Maybe the second day I had mine, I pulled Sheila's tub out to check on her and she sat straight up and charged me like a Cobra. I just laughed and said, "Ummm... Can't you see how much bigger I am than you, little killer? lol

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I had a male Woma that I sold to a guy in southern Colorado to breed with his female. He says the female looks like she is ready to lay eggs! I told him I'd buy back all of the babies, I'm planning on keeping a few back to breed and will sell some at the Denver Repicon show in the fall of 2018. The male Woma that I had was super aggressive when I bought him and tamed down quite a bit to where I could almost trust him not to bite me LOL. But the problem I had was getting him to eat which apparently is very non-typical of Womas. It seems that you don't see them very often, if I'm lucky I'll even see one or two at shows. They sure are cute as babies! I think it's very important to handle them and build trust when they are still small.
    There is a guy here on the forum that has a rescue Woma that is a problem feeder. That is definitely an extremely rare problem to have with Womas. But, yes... I plan on holding lots back for breeding as well and I will be trying to make some Walls at some point as well...

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    Very beautiful snake. Reminds me of this guy on Youtube, forgot his name... Shaw something
    Yes! Jordan Shaw of HLH Reptiles! That is where I first discovered Womas and started learning about them and a lot of other species! I actually started a post about him here on the forum awhile back, wondering what happened to him and all of his videos. Every one of his videos just suddenly vanished from Youtube. I also messaged him and his wife on Facebook, but I never heard back from either of them. I'm still hoping nothing bad happened. I learned a lot from his videos and I really miss watching them...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

RickyNY (02-12-2018)